Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 106

Thread: Please just remove Serqet.

  1. #81
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGodlyImage View Post
    That's irrelevant though. Chasing someone has nothing to do with anything. Chasing (in my eyes), just means you are bad and missed your skills (or your combo didn't finish him, but in that case you shouldn't be chasing!), so now you want to try and clean up after yourself.

    Ideally; all chases should be attacks, and all attacks should be chases. When you consider someone's kit, you can't consider when that character whiffs a skill... lol that makes 0 sense!
    I chase to secure a kill, or to delay the opponent. Chasing does not mean one is bad. Not getting the kill does not mean one is bad.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  2. #82
    Member Follower Tythoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    161
    1
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by stobbie1 View Post
    I still don't agree here. The point I was trying to make with the merc 1 is that people are not going to stand together if they understand the game and so you are not going to hit 3 with it. I expressed the fact that it does very high damage like serqets 1, but I feel like serqets 1 is more useful overall since it can be used as movement and damage at the same time. I understand that merc 1 has a higfher chance to hit multiple enemies but the chance is still very low if the enemy player are in the correct position.
    Newsflash for you the same goes for Deathsbane.

    I play them both regularly and I can tell you Mercury is much more of a problem than Serqet is .

    If the enemy players are in the correct position then Serqet wont hit the player with Deathsbane either , if the enemy player is in the correct position and not piled up with everyone else than Cobras Kiss is not much of an issue either.

    And no to effectively use Deathsbane you cant use it for movement and damage , if you do so you get at best 2 hits in but not all 3 in most cases just a single hit , plus unlike mercs 1 that hands you a full stack of Rage(if you have it) if a minion wave is close by and then he goes ballistic on you.

    I highly doubt youve played Serqet for more than 5 matches if you played her at all .

    Play 10 matches with Merc and then play 10 matches with Serqet, youll notice something.

  3. #83
    Member Worshipper Penta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    451
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    I chase to secure a kill, or to delay the opponent. Chasing does not mean one is bad. Not getting the kill does not mean one is bad.
    Not getting the kill as assassin does mean that assassin didn't do a very good job at cleaning up. If they are bad or not, I determine based off of how many times this happens. Here you are doing the same mistake again. Delaying an opponent is not chasing, it's zoning.

    The only time you are chasing is when you are trying to finish OR initiate a kill. In which case you should've done it with your burst, and if you didn't then that means that person got away (unless you or a teammate has something in their kit to help).

    You can't say chasing and then change the meaning of chasing.


    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    As I said. Think about it: all cows are mamifers, but now all mamifers are cows.

    Attacks are mamifers, while chases are cows
    There are many kind of attacks:1)ganks
    2)team A fight team B under a tower/pheonix titan
    3)God X attack a minion wave or a buff/xp camo.
    4)chases

    We are interested only in 1,2 and 4. And no, if you chase someone, it doesn't mean you fucked anything up, just that mechanicaly you didn't had enought burst to finish the job.
    I understand your point, but you do not understand mine. Let me clarify. This discussion is about a character kit. When you consider this kit, you cannot consider "chasing." It's irrelevant. When you consider what ATTACKS they have, they can be used for multiple uses and THIS is what we consider.

    So yes there are many kinds of attacks in a kit but;
    How are you utilizing them?

    1) Teamfights/AOE
    2) Singular picks
    3) Minion clear
    4) Utility (through movement, self buff, etc).

    and lastly, you can't include chasing because in a kit, there is no such thing as chasing in a kit. In a kit designed to kill, you either kill or you don't. If you don't, then you utilize the movement aspect of the kit in order to secure the kill. While this is called "chasing" by casuals because casuals always chase kills, most higher level players don't even chase and don't ever factor in chasing. This is because when you unload your burst on someone, they are already expecting counter measures, making chasing a pointless option and a waste of skills.

    I mean just look at the match that Dignitas got DESTROYED by Cog. It was because whenever Cog backed, Dig would always chase a kill trying to pick someone off, leading to literal deicides.


    TL;DR The main reason you guys are misinterpreting this chasing thing is because you're saying all chases are attacks and not all attacks are chases. That's not true. You can chase someone just fine without using a single skill. In fact you can do so by just pressing W. So no, not all chases are attacks and you guys have flawed logic if you think so.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    12
    So you're saying if I burst down enemy ADC to where 1 more basic attack would kill him, then I chase to kill secure, I'm bad?

    HAHALOL
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  5. #85
    Member Follower LashLethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    103
    1
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Why do you think I use her lol? She can take a beating though it's like, pick one target and kill it before it kills you.

  6. #86
    Member Worshipper Penta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    451
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    So you're saying if I burst down enemy ADC to where 1 more basic attack would kill him, then I chase to kill secure, I'm bad?

    HAHALOL

    But you just said that you bursted down an enemy and they got away. So you chased the kill so you can finish with one auto.

    Now I will quote myself. After using all of your skills, you made the conscious decision to follow this thought pattern.

    "1) First! Will your combo kill him?
    2) Can you do the combo and get out safely?
    3) Does his team play a factor?
    4) Is he within range of your abilities to finish him off?"


    If you were fighting a SWK that used his bird to escape, even with that 1 auto, yes you are EXTREMELY bad for chasing him, because you will never catch him. Now if that same opponent was Nox instead, you securing your kill would make a lot more sense now wouldn't it?

    Do you see why you argument is holding 0 water now? Your chase is entirely based off of the ENEMY KIT, NOT YOUR OWN KIT. THIS IS WHY CHASING PLAYS NO FACTOR WHEN CONSIDERING A KIT. What is so hard to understand about this??

  7. #87
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGodlyImage View Post
    But you just said that you bursted down an enemy and they got away. So you chased the kill so you can finish with one auto.

    Now I will quote myself. After using all of your skills, you made the conscious decision to follow this thought pattern.

    "1) First! Will your combo kill him?
    2) Can you do the combo and get out safely?
    3) Does his team play a factor?
    4) Is he within range of your abilities to finish him off?"


    If you were fighting a SWK that used his bird to escape, even with that 1 auto, yes you are EXTREMELY bad for chasing him, because you will never catch him. Now if that same opponent was Nox instead, you securing your kill would make a lot more sense now wouldn't it?

    Do you see why you argument is holding 0 water now? Your chase is entirely based off of the ENEMY KIT, NOT YOUR OWN KIT. THIS IS WHY CHASING PLAYS NO FACTOR WHEN CONSIDERING A KIT. What is so hard to understand about this??
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    enemy ADC
    Not sure if you read.

    Assuming I'm dumb enough to chase SWK in bird mode. Assuming that I don't know the opponent's kit.

    >Plays Ao Kuang
    >Goes against 99% of Ao players and doesn't use 1 to start gank
    >Ganks Ullr
    >Ullr leaps away
    >Pops the 1
    >???
    >Profit
    >Sees post saying I'm dumb for chasing

    ...

    I don't even
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  8. #88
    Member Worshipper Penta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    451
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Not sure if you read.

    Assuming I'm dumb enough to chase SWK in bird mode. Assuming that I don't know the opponent's kit.

    ...

    I don't even
    Wow I can't believe I'm almost frustrated trying to explain this to you. It's like you don't get it.

    I'm starting to question you ability to read. This is why I compared SWK to Nox. This comparison was done to show that YOUR CHASE POTENTIAL DEPENDS ON YOUR ENEMY'S KIT.

    SINCE YOU ARE SO DENSE, LET'S TRY ADC'S AND LET'S TRY IN CAPS.

    IF YOU ARE CHASING XBA AND YOU HAVE 1 AUTO LEFT, YOU KNOW HE HAS HIS LEAP AND CAN GET AWAY. IF YOU ARE CHASING ARTEMIS AND KNOW THAT SHE HAS 1 AUTO LEFT, YOU KNOW SHE HAS NOTHING ELSE BESIDES HER ULT.


    WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? CHASING ARTEMIS (ENEMY ADC) IS MUCH SMARTER THAN CHASING XBA OR NEITH (ENEMY ADC) BECAUSE OF THEIR KIT. NOT YOURS.


    Get it????

  9. #89
    Senior Member Infamous Disquieted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    I found my loli sidekick
    Posts
    5,492
    16
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,092
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGodlyImage View Post
    Wow I can't believe I'm almost frustrated trying to explain this to you. It's like you don't get it.

    I'm starting to question you ability to read. This is why I compared SWK to Nox. This comparison was done to show that YOUR CHASE POTENTIAL DEPENDS ON YOUR ENEMY'S KIT.

    SINCE YOU ARE SO DENSE, LET'S TRY ADC'S AND LET'S TRY IN CAPS.

    IF YOU ARE CHASING XBA AND YOU HAVE 1 AUTO LEFT, YOU KNOW HE HAS HIS LEAP AND CAN GET AWAY. IF YOU ARE CHASING ARTEMIS AND KNOW THAT SHE HAS 1 AUTO LEFT, YOU KNOW SHE HAS NOTHING ELSE BESIDES HER ULT.


    WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? CHASING ARTEMIS (ENEMY ADC) IS MUCH SMARTER THAN CHASING XBA OR NEITH (ENEMY ADC) BECAUSE OF THEIR KIT. NOT YOURS.


    Get it????
    You are...
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    Assuming that I don't know the opponent's kit.
    Also artemis has traps/vines/tentacle thingies.
    Smite is an online multiplayer game. You can't have immediate gratification simply by starting the game. The ground is even. There's another player on the other side. You are not entitled to having everything favoring you at every time. If you don't like it, by all means, go back to the 1-shot-kills-all Aliens: Colonial Marines singleplayer.

  10. #90
    Member Worshipper Penta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    451
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Disquieted1 View Post
    You are...


    Also artemis has traps/vines/tentacle thingies.


    I'm glad you finally agree.

    As for the Artemis thing, well. You can call that a defense if you want, but I'll just laugh when I walk around it :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •