View Poll Results: Do you want a better Nu Wa ?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course.

81 62.79%
  • No.

35 27.13%
  • I do not care.

13 10.08%
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Help us make Nu Wa a better God !

Hybrid View

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Question Help us make Nu Wa a better God !

Hello everyone, I made this topic to make it more visible to Hi-Rez developers or at least to someone who can make a difference. There are a lot of topics talking about changing Nu Wa, but most of them are just random complains.

So let's discuss the positive & the negative points about the new Nu Wa, and how can we help to make it a lot better. Here is my opinion :

- Re-design : Generally speaking, Nu Wa's re-design is fine, I understand they had to change it to make it more "Chinese" looking, it doesn't look that chinese to me, but it's okay.

->> Abilities : Let's compare her old/new abilities :

*Passive : Her new passive is Ok, I liked the old one because of the additional effects on abilities and mainly because of the Snake transformation, it was very cool, and we were able move her in her true snake form for 10sec !

*1 : I like her new fog better, it can be used in many ways, and it can make you guess if there's someone inside it or not.

*2 : Her new minions are better in my opinion, they charge enemies and reduce their protection, they can be used in many ways, as body block or to prepare for a stun or distraction .. but they still have some AI problems.

*3 : I liked her old ability because it was a fun skillshot with a nice additional effect on basic attacks, but anyway the new one is not that bad, no real problem here.

*4 : Her new Ultimate is the biggest disappointment, the most boring ability in SMITE, it's a push of a button, a Click-To-Win ultimate, sorry but this ability ruined all the fun. Her old ult didn't do a lot of damage, but it was very fun to use and more importantly, it was a skillshot with a real value in team fight.

I understand they had to rework the old Nu Wa for many reasons, especially because of her minions and her ability to destroy towers very quickly, she was unbalanced that way, and also her design, but seriously, give her a skillshot ult or just give her back her old ult, and we can stop nerfing her in every patch, and stop banning her in every ranked match.

Please give us your opinion and don't forget to vote !
    Last edited by Veñom; 11-15-2014 at 01:16 PM.

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    People QQ and complain too much about Nu Wa's ult. It isn't that great. It's not click to win, because you don't win. It's nothing better than a kill securer. A lot of theory crafters say that it can also be used to deliver item effects, such as divine ruin and gem of isolation, but it doesn't even work for that.

I played Nu Wa a bit, and I see how strong she is, but she is also pretty exploitable. Her only form of escape is the mist, and her ult, both which cannot get her far.

Also, her main source of damage is incredibly telegraphed.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by TenWildAbras View Post
    People QQ and complain too much about Nu Wa's ult. It isn't that great. It's not click to win, because you don't win. It's nothing better than a kill securer. A lot of theory crafters say that it can also be used to deliver item effects, such as divine ruin and gem of isolation, but it doesn't even work for that.

I played Nu Wa a bit, and I see how strong she is, but she is also pretty exploitable. Her only form of escape is the mist, and her ult, both which cannot get her far.

Also, her main source of damage is incredibly telegraphed.
    Ok, where do I sign up to get free kill/assist gold/exp without leaving lane for 100 mana like Nu Wa does?

Do you even know her ban / winrate in ranked conquest?

Achievements:
    Not every mage has an "escape" but Nu Wa can still use her stun & fog to run away in many situations, but that's not THE problem.

Delivering item effects or killing nearly dead targets is nothing compared to a well designed skillshot ult with value in team fight, not to forget the fun part of using a skillshot ult instead of a boring push of a button, because it's a game, we're here mainly to have fun.

Achievements:
    Nu Wa's ult is a nonsense, that's the main point of the topic, and we would appreciate more constructive opinions.

Changing her VP was a positive step, now we would like her to have more attention regarding her Kit.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 780
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    No offence Nu Wa is better then what she use to be. Yeah she can't take down towers as fast any more but she still has minions to push the lane attack and all that. Nu was ult is amazing. Lower level its like 100 damage pointless i never use her ult until I am about level 9 it does more damage then. Her mist isn't what it use to be but there not going to completely change Nu wa because a few people don't like it!

People Hate when Hi-rez updates gods it puts newer gods off until a later update. If they change Nu wa we won't have a new god for a while...
    Nu wa is fine how she is and shes still amazingly strong you just have to know how to use her.
    Put 1 point in your 1
    2 points in your 2 For two minions instead of one.
    And mainly level your 3 for the lane clear.
    Level her ult when ever.
    Shes not bad your just bad with her...

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leoncheesecake View Post
    No offence Nu Wa is better then what she use to be. Yeah she can't take down towers as fast any more but she still has minions to push the lane attack and all that. Nu was ult is amazing. Lower level its like 100 damage pointless i never use her ult until I am about level 9 it does more damage then. Her mist isn't what it use to be but there not going to completely change Nu wa because a few people don't like it!

People Hate when Hi-rez updates gods it puts newer gods off until a later update. If they change Nu wa we won't have a new god for a while...
    Nu wa is fine how she is and shes still amazingly strong you just have to know how to use her.
    Put 1 point in your 1
    2 points in your 2 For two minions instead of one.
    And mainly level your 3 for the lane clear.
    Level her ult when ever.
    Shes not bad your just bad with her....
    How can you possibly love her ultimate ?

Seriously.. It's just a boring push of a button that hit everyone without aiming or it can be used to kill steal/secure ! She needs a real ultimate, a skillshot ultimate ! We don't care if she flies in the air or not, we need to control the way we use her current ult, or simply give her another valuable one. The rest of her abilities are good enough like I said.

And abviously you didn't read anything I wrote, we don't demand a full remake that will take ages of work, just a one ability rework, her ult !

I didn't say that I was bad with her, she does a lot of damage, we know it, and she keeps getting nerfs in every patch, she's easy to play, she clears the lane fast and all.. but abviously you don't care about the gameplay you just need to kill.
    Last edited by Veñom; 11-15-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead smiterSRB's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 702
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    i love the new nu wa ult too but you are right it is kind of boaring a lot of players use it for secure kill or kill steal like you say so what happens when you play nu wa do you steal kills too?

Member Follower
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    she needs her old voice pack back

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by babycookie View Post
    she needs her old voice pack back
    Sadly I don't think her old VP will fit with her new model ( It was epic though ), but at least they changed it a little bit in the last patch, I've tested it in the PTS, it's way better =)