Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flora - Roman Goddess of Flowers (God Concept)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Flora - Roman Goddess of Flowers (God Concept)

Flora - Roman
    Goddess of Flowers

Pro's - High Sustain, Medium Crowd Control
    Con's - Low Damage

Lore: Life is an essence, existing in all. Some however, forget those with lives that have no dominant presence. Flora, the god of flowers is not like this, being a "minor" goddess herself, she imagines a world where all life, no matter how "important", is acknowledged. Now she sees her opportunity to show how that lives has a place. And if it is necessary she will show them what it is like to live without breathing.

Abilities:

Passive: Flurry
    Whenever Flora is present near a god below 30% health she gains a passive 10% movement speed buff.

1 - Allergies
    Flora spreads an illusive scent in a cone in front of her, enemies who are caught are slowed and take a small amount of damage every .5s for 4s.
    Damage per Tick- 10/15/20/30/40 (+15% Magical power)
    CD's - 10/11/11/12/12
    Mana - 65/70/70/75/75

2 - Pollen Shield
    Flora places a small shield on the ground, the shield blocks the incoming basic attacks of enemy gods. Both teams can pass through the shield and also cast abilities through it. If flora herself walks through the shield she gains extra protections.
    (This would be about the size of a single cabrakan wall)
    Duration - 4s
    Protection Buff (Physical and Magical) - 15
    CD's - 15/15/15/15/15
    Mana - 55/55/55/55/55

3 - Petal Dance
    Flora throws petals over her target, if the target is friendly they gain health over time for 5s. If the target is an opponent after 2s they will be stunned.
    Health per Tick 10/15/25/30/35 (+20% Magical power)
    Stun Duration - 2s

4 - Bloom!
    Flora unleashes an explosion of flowers instantly healing and doing damage to all gods in the radius based on their current health.
    Healing % - 20/20/25/30/30
    Damage % - 10/10/15/20/20
    CD's - 90/90/90/90/90
    Mana - 100/120/120/130/140

Stats

HP - 370(+64)
    Mana - 245 (+41)
    Speed - 355 (+0)
    Attack/sec - 55(+0)
    Magical Protection - 25(+0)
    Physical Protection - 30(+0)
    HP5 - 6(+0.4)
    MP5 - 5.3(+0.5)
    Basic Attack Damage - 35(+2) (15% magical power)

Visuals

OK so I've been working on this for a few days now, having a look at different images deciding on what I feel would be a good look for her. My first decision is that she being the god of flowers is that she is a very gentle god so her clothes would be much more like chang'e's rather than something like Aphrodite. Then after looking at a few different images I finalized the look, I'm not an artist so I did trace the main look then added in the features of the others images I found (these images as well as my interpretation are found below) I don't think it's the best drawing in the world but I think it gives a general idea.

SORRY ABOUT THE SIZE

The Base Image

The Extra Images

My Final Image

Feel free to leave feedback (negative and positive)
    Also planning on creating a god concept of Hekket Goddess of Frogs
    Last edited by Grebby; 11-17-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,798
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Pretty nice. I would love to hear how you imagine this goddess to look like.

Achievements:
    I'm working on it, I'd personally want to draw up a design myself but im not arty so im trying a particular approach.
    Unless future you comes and stops you from doing what you are about to do, the consequences can't be that bad.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'd say this is actually a pretty competitive entry for the contest here. I do confess that I'm not 100% sure what here intended role is in the game. For the most part the abilities all feel like they are intended for a support Guardian, which she seems to do a very good job of. However, the passive that gives her bonus movement speed when near low health enemy gods feels a bit like an Assassin move. Would you mind sharing a little bit more about what you intend the character to do?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltPunk View Post
    I'd say this is actually a pretty competitive entry for the contest here. I do confess that I'm not 100% sure what here intended role is in the game. For the most part the abilities all feel like they are intended for a support Guardian, which she seems to do a very good job of. However, the passive that gives her bonus movement speed when near low health enemy gods feels a bit like an Assassin move. Would you mind sharing a little bit more about what you intend the character to do?
    Well, I've played smite for a while now and If it's one thing I've noticed about healers it's that sometimes they fail to save a teammate because, the teammate who is low on health is to busy running for their lives to think "Oh this person can heal me i don't need to run all the way back to base". And by running away sometimes it makes a healers job harder (especially if the healer can also be aggressive e.g. Hel) and can sometimes cause the healer to fail in healing said teammate. I believe that the passive means that even if the teammates it scurrying for his life, the speed boost given by the passive allows flora to get close so that it is easier to hit her heals.
    Unless future you comes and stops you from doing what you are about to do, the consequences can't be that bad.

Achievements:
    Alright, that makes a good bit more sense. I really liked the passive (in fact I was kicking myself a little bit for not thinking of it before myself) but I didn't see it as particularly useful because I had been thinking of it solely in regards to a chase-down move more suited for Assassins then Guardians.

While I like you're logic applying to the character, I do wonder if it only works for amateur play. Pro teams that coordinate together and use headsets to create tactics might find her a less viable champion to select then another character. Her passive gives her great chase potential but I wonder if her damage is consistent and powerful enough to make her worth building as an Assassin. I find Flora fascinating because she seems tailor-built for a support role yet is built like a Mage, that's certainly something new for Smite.

Unless you wanted to rework her as a Mage with more damage with her abilities, I'd say reconsider the passive, at high level play it's more suited for a high damage Assassins then a Guardian/Mage hybrid (And when I hear Flurry, I think of 'Flurry of Blows' or 'Snow Flurry' more than anything plant related). Either way I'm not sure if including two teammate heals on one character is a good idea, might want to rethink the 3rd ability. And with Sylvanus already in the game you might want to consider how Flora differs both conceptually and on the battlefield from the Keeper of the Wilds.

With all that said though, I'm really interested in this concept and what it brings to the table.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltPunk View Post
    Alright, that makes a good bit more sense. I really liked the passive (in fact I was kicking myself a little bit for not thinking of it before myself) but I didn't see it as particularly useful because I had been thinking of it solely in regards to a chase-down move more suited for Assassins then Guardians.

While I like you're logic applying to the character, I do wonder if it only works for amateur play. Pro teams that coordinate together and use headsets to create tactics might find her a less viable champion to select then another character. Her passive gives her great chase potential but I wonder if her damage is consistent and powerful enough to make her worth building as an Assassin. I find Flora fascinating because she seems tailor-built for a support role yet is built like a Mage, that's certainly something new for Smite.

Unless you wanted to rework her as a Mage with more damage with her abilities, I'd say reconsider the passive, at high level play it's more suited for a high damage Assassins then a Guardian/Mage hybrid (And when I hear Flurry, I think of 'Flurry of Blows' or 'Snow Flurry' more than anything plant related). Either way I'm not sure if including two teammate heals on one character is a good idea, might want to rethink the 3rd ability. And with Sylvanus already in the game you might want to consider how Flora differs both conceptually and on the battlefield from the Keeper of the Wilds.

With all that said though, I'm really interested in this concept and what it brings to the table.
    Thanks very much for this feedback. The main reason I had put the 3 as a heal was so that (because the character is meant for a support/healer) was so that she had a heal that she can use continuously (or every so often) rather than waiting 90s (assuming there is no CD reduction applied). Thinking on this I may edit her ultimate slightly rather than changing her 3. Her passive is something I will definitely work on as I believe it is probably something useful to only specific people (as you stated) rather than anyone playing her.

Also, what do you think of the visuals i recently added?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebby View Post
    Also, what do you think of the visuals i recently added?
    They help shape the character's personality better, but I'd recommend cutting it to one or two tops. Too many images will distract from the written content and too much visual saturation will hurt the professionalism of your presentation.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,798
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what's the benefit from leveling your 2nd ability? All the numbers throughout the levels are the same. I also don't see why leveling the ultimate to the last level would be beneficial, since it's the same numbers from the second-to-last except the last level costs more mana, which is weird. I think this needs some tweaking.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Good concept, but I think her lack of damage really brings her down. While I think Smite needs more support mages, damage taken is always higher then the amount you heal (unless you are a very fed Hel), so you either need to have damage to protect yourself or your partner. You should put some damage on her 3 along with the stun and buff the ult a bit to 10/15/20/25/30% damage. Also as of now ranking up the 2 doesn't give any benefit and you should make the ult 100 mana (it's universal across all non-stance Smite ults).

Also good job for making a drawing for your concept!

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.