Thread: Tyr adjustment suggestion

New Member Cupidhead ShiftyGrifter's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Tyr adjustment suggestion

I love playing Tyr, but it's no argument that it takes a significant amount of precision to accomplish a relatively moderate effect. Since the knockback was removed from his guard stance fearless, he doesn't feel like the juggler he was originally intended to be.

I have one simple suggestion that would seem to bring back a little bit of his unique playstyle.
    As of now, his ultimate is used for nothing more than either an extra blink with a longer cooldown, or as an escape. It's a leap like many other gods' NON-ultimate leaps. Changing the mechanics as follows would be a fitting adjustment:

Upon use, a cone aoe damages enemies in front of Tyr and pulls them along the entire distance of the leap taking damage again on the landing aoe, briefly stunning them OR resetting the cooldown on stance change. This would allow an ultimate that actually has some synergy with his fearless combo.

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyGrifter View Post
    I love playing Tyr, but it's no argument that it takes a significant amount of precision to accomplish a relatively moderate effect. Since the knockback was removed from his guard stance fearless, he doesn't feel like the juggler he was originally intended to be.

I have one simple suggestion that would seem to bring back a little bit of his unique playstyle.
    As of now, his ultimate is used for nothing more than either an extra blink with a longer cooldown, or as an escape. It's a leap like many other gods' NON-ultimate leaps. Changing the mechanics as follows would be a fitting adjustment:

Upon use, a cone aoe damages enemies in front of Tyr and pulls them along the entire distance of the leap taking damage again on the landing aoe, briefly stunning them OR resetting the cooldown on stance change. This would allow an ultimate that actually has some synergy with his fearless combo.
    wow, i like the idea!
    and i agree, his ult isn't that useful, it is used mostly for mobility more than anything else. and that is not a real ult.
    tyr still in need to be looked at. he is not balanced yet.
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez