Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: new matchmaking... could not suck more.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Yeah, thus far I am really not impressed with their new matchmaking system.

I'm being consistently dropped into games against 30th levels with 2000-3000 games played, given teammates who are very low level (one joust match put me up against two 30's and their 15th level friend in a premade vs me, a 10, and a 15. Needless to say we got completely stomped. Just a bit ago I got thrown into another joust match against a premade of all 30's, none of whom had less than 1500 games played (one guy was over 3k games played), while my own team had about 10% their experience. I thought the whole point of this new, fancy matchmaker was to NOT put 30th level premades up against lowbie pugs?

Senior Member Chosen BraidMyButtHair's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    Yeah, thus far I am really not impressed with their new matchmaking system.

I'm being consistently dropped into games against 30th levels with 2000-3000 games played, given teammates who are very low level (one joust match put me up against two 30's and their 15th level friend in a premade vs me, a 10, and a 15. Needless to say we got completely stomped. Just a bit ago I got thrown into another joust match against a premade of all 30's, none of whom had less than 1500 games played (one guy was over 3k games played), while my own team had about 10% their experience. I thought the whole point of this new, fancy matchmaker was to NOT put 30th level premades up against lowbie pugs?
    Are you RatGirl? I saw a post that said "Yeah, thus far I am really not impressed with their new matchmaking system. Sigh" a couple minutes ago and then it was deleted. Why delete and make the same comment with another account?

Junior Member Cupidhead GreenCore21's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulf View Post
    No he is not lucky. You are just unlucky.
    All the games I played today were pretty decent and the queue popped in under a minute.

The new system is way better than the previous. I'm actually starting to enjoy Smite again because games are hardly one sided anymore.
    Well, it wasn't the queue's fault for those games being one-sided. You might have too high of an Elo for your team to handle, thus it put super high elo's as well on the enemy team making your team screwed. Same case but reversed for the enemy team. Elo has a large portion to do with one sided games. The normal queue system is just more organized.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BraidMyButtHair View Post
    Are you RatGirl? I saw a post that said "Yeah, thus far I am really not impressed with their new matchmaking system. Sigh" a couple minutes ago and then it was deleted. Why delete and make the same comment with another account?
    'Cause I don't play on that one anymore. Uninstalled the game out of frustration a while back, then reinstalled it and started working on a different account to see if it would be any better leveling up again. Didn't figure it made much sense to post "I just played X" on an account that hasn't played a game in ages.

Achievements:
    Was it a couple months ago? I remember seeing that name around here around when I started coming here.

Achievements:
    Was it a couple months ago? I remember seeing that name around here around when I started coming here.
    A few months ago, yeah. I played a couple games 2-3 months ago, then gave up for a bit, now I'm playing again. Watching Dry and FG's streams convinced me to give it another try, despite the matchmaker.

Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCore21 View Post
    Well, it wasn't the queue's fault for those games being one-sided. You might have too high of an Elo for your team to handle, thus it put super high elo's as well on the enemy team making your team screwed. Same case but reversed for the enemy team. Elo has a large portion to do with one sided games. The normal queue system is just more organized.
    That's not how things work with a well designed MM. I've been around the moba scene far too long to know better.
    With your example It means Smite's previous algorithm for MM either didn't exist or was that horrible.

You can not keep timed queue's while having a good matchmaking system because people are guaranteed games after 2 minutes which interferes with any sort of reliable algorithm to match people correctly. It's one or the other.

This new system sure as hell isn't perfect but it's definitely an improvement over the previous.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianna View Post
    A few months ago, yeah. I played a couple games 2-3 months ago, then gave up for a bit, now I'm playing again. Watching Dry and FG's streams convinced me to give it another try, despite the matchmaker.
    Oh that's cool. New account new you kind of thing right? Made four League accounts so I get what you're saying.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead LastOffender's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I do feel more comfortable with the old system. I was guaranteed a match most of the time.

The new system for me though (after trying a few matches) is more streamlined and in my personal opinion the quality of the matchups has improved.

The problem Im having is this queuing. I can wait up for a long time and it doesnt mean I can get a match. I kept trying to play MOTD, but can never find a match since the start of the testing period.
    Although I usually get a match for arena under 30 secs (awesome) but in other times like the MOTD it can last up to 3 mins or more.
    I thought to myself, this was just like HoN when I couldn't find matches most of the time.

Usuall quit after the 3 min has pass.....I know I have a slim chance of getting a game at that point.

Vote for a New God Patheon

"I play a game to have fun; not for your amusement."

"Sarcasm is one more service I offer. Compassion costs extra."

"You want to know who your real friends are? Screw up and see who's still there."

Achievements:
    Oh that's cool. New account new you kind of thing right? Made four League accounts so I get what you're saying.
    More or less, yeah. I'm just glad I'm out of the lowbie range at this point, because jebus, 6-20 is so freaking infested with smurfs. I mean, I suppose I am too, but I'm a terrible one, so I'm not sure that really counts.