Thread: 120min deserter penalty on crash

Junior Member Cupidhead lmloOlml's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 500 Experience Points

120min deserter penalty on crash

So yesterday I had some "new" issue with the game crashing if I alt-tab while I'm in a queue, or after I select a god. When that happens, I automatically get Deserter penalty, and so does everyone in my party. The first time it was 30min, then 60min, then now this nonsense 120min penalty.

I get it, not every game company has the luxury of having Devs that do their best to fix everything that is annoying like this, but the game should at least make a difference between a player leaving the game/killing the process or else, and another player who had some error or exception that forced his game to shut down. This is VITAL. It's not like I'm leaving mid game or going afk, I'm here, I didn't leave my computer not 1 second, I'm trying to play, yet I'm not allowed to, for a mistake that the game has made, and not me.

Fix your game.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NotKevin's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The differentiation between crashes and simple leaves would be difficult, but not impossible. Probably involving sending crash diagnostics to Hi-Rez automatically, then removing deserter for that queue session on the server side for that player. Obviously, if you force quit Smite.exe, you won't have crash diagnostics to send, ergo no deserter avoidance for you, you dirty leaver.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NotKevin View Post
    The differentiation between crashes and simple leaves would be difficult, but not impossible. Probably involving sending crash diagnostics to Hi-Rez automatically, then removing deserter for that queue session on the server side for that player. Obviously, if you force quit Smite.exe, you won't have crash diagnostics to send, ergo no deserter avoidance for you, you dirty leaver.
    I hope you were being sarcastic saying I'm a leaver, given that sarcasm and trolling in games is kinda hard to differentiate. And no, the game doesn't have the ability to determine who quit and who crashed, thus punishing both... this should be fixed.

Achievements:
    Apparently, every issue Hirez encounters is SO challenging that they don't even care addressing issues anymore. Good luck keeping your playerbase when next gen 3rd person MOBA wave comes out. They'd beat you just by listening to their community, that's all it takes to be better than you.