Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-22-2014 - Queue Testing

Game Designer Follower HiRezDrybear's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,082
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points Party Person Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

10-22-2014 - Queue Testing

This coming Thursday October 23rd we will be testing non-timed queues from 4:00 AM EDT to 12:00 PM EDT (or 10:00 AM CEST to 6:00 PM CEST). This means that there will be no timer associated when queueing, and as soon as a suitable match is available the queue will pop. We are still iterating on this new system and it is not final. This test will give us insight into how to improve it.

NOTE: Match invites will be more rigid for this test. If you do not accept a match invite you will be given deserter status. No more getting up and leaving the computer unattended during queue before entering the god picking stage.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Queuing is fine, fix your damn matchmaking and stop trying to ruin something thats doesnt need to be touched.

New Member Cupidhead The7thSaint's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    This is a step in the right direction, not only will it improve the time, but quality as well. Once they improve how you get matches they can start to improve who you're matched with. I much prefer this style, reminds me of counter-strike matchmaking.

Remember that you only get deserter during the testing of this matchmaking. Once they release it you won't get deserter for declining matches I'm sure.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    You dont actually know that, I dont see how getting into a match faster can help with who you get matched with? Seems like the opposite to me

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigadry View Post
    You dont actually know that, I dont see how getting into a match faster can help with who you get matched with? Seems like the opposite to me
    Dude
    Before you make an even bigger fool of yourself, READ THE PATCHNOTES!!! (Sylvanus release ones)
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

New Member Cupidhead RunItsBakasura's Avatar
    I'm confused. Why is it I now have to wait longer in Queues? I mean I waited 9 minutes, got nothing. So I restarted Smite and queue'd again and have been waiting another another 5mins and still nothing.

same for me

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsBakasura View Post
    I'm confused. Why is it I now have to wait longer in Queues? I mean I waited 9 minutes, got nothing. So I restarted Smite and queue'd again and have been waiting another another 5mins and still nothing.
    The same goes for me
    You wait up to 10 mins without even starting a game.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead EmmaPenna's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by The7thSaint View Post
    This is a step in the right direction, not only will it improve the time, but quality as well. Once they improve how you get matches they can start to improve who you're matched with. I much prefer this style, reminds me of counter-strike matchmaking.

Remember that you only get deserter during the testing of this matchmaking. Once they release it you won't get deserter for declining matches I'm sure.
    Improve who you´re matched with? If you don´t want to play with newbies, simply lvl up to 30 and play league. It clearly says: for experienced players.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Same here, two queues of ~10min without call, now 19m 30s and still queued, going to another game to play something...

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 59
    More than 15min in Assault queue and the same in MOTD queue... Don't worth to wait... sorry