Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Links O' Plenty! A simple guide for new members.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points

Links O' Plenty! A simple guide for new members.

This is for new forum members that are confused/interested on the many aspects of the forum.

Basic aspects.

Change your avatar
    Custom Avatars are available after 150 Posts and 2 weeks being registered

Change your signature
    Custom Signatures are available after 150 posts and 2 weeks being registered

Fixing your forum time
    Do this if your post time is not the same as your local time.

Ignore list
    Is someone constantly harassing you? Block them here!

Buddy list
    Have a friend or someone you want to keep track of? Add them here!

Smite Forum - The Game
    You gain "points" by doing a vast majority of things: Posting, Voting, Polling, Uploading images, and Referrals.
    These points will help you level up. There are currently 8 Milestone Emblems you can reach by gaining points:

A green check mark indicates you have passed that milestone and can continue onwards!

Achievements, Statistics, Rankings
    Here you will find information and links for certain aspects of the forum.

Insight Experience
    Check out your experience, as well as miscellaneous information such as "Most Achieved Achievement" or "Most Active User"

Rankings
    View leader-boards for experience, reputation, and points for all other sorts of categorys. You can also sort by each of them.

Group Ranking
    N/A

Achievements
    See all the current achieveable achievements in 'Smite Forums - The Game'

Activites
    View a 10 min-delayed feed of all the points/achievements being gained by users of the forum!

Earning Points
    Here you can learn what things you can gain points for, and the ratio for doing said actions.

Statistic leaderboard
    This is basically a "Top 3" list for different categorys of misc. things that can be done on the forum.

Other

Calendar
    Check here for the latest upcoming Smite & Forum events.
    *Calendar has not been publicly launched.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Below here was originally written by MikalMirkas : Original Link - http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...Forums-Edition

hay so i figured there's a lot of stuff about the forums that people don't know so i might as well write a post about it, mhmk?

so pretty much everyone knows the core features (posting, private messaging, all that jazz) that's global on every single forum but it seems to me that rarely anyone knows how to use the other features. This thread is subject to change as there's so much to tackle that this is just taking a big chunk of what's different in this new software.

So without further adieu:

Table of Contents: (CTRL+F to skip to a section using the words inside the brackets - the string inside them will only be used twice inside the document for easy navigation)

1. What's Different About This Forum? [SFWDO]
      1. Threading [SFWTH]
      2. vBExperience [SFWVB]

2. User Profile [SFUSR]
      1. Global Options [SFUGO]
      2. Customization [SFUCU]

3. Threads [SFTHR]
      1. Thread Rating [SFTTR]
      2. Multiquoting [SFTMQ]
      3. Reputation System [SFTRQ]
      4. Report System [SFTRS]
      5. Tagging [SFTTS]

WDATF? [SFWDO]

So you're probably wondering how this forum software is different from Reddit and PHPBB. Let me be your guide~

Threading [SFWVB]

So this is a traditional forum software with normal threading systems and posts are organized by date and not by user feedback or the like.

vBExperience [SFWVB]

Quote Originally Posted by Phalynx
    vBExperience is your free feature packaged solution for motivating your users. vBExperience is an advanced and highly customizable level/promotion and activity measure system with awards, achievements, promotions and activities. It will calculate an activity and experience score for every user based on their activites on the forum. Now your users will see how their level is increasing by participating on your forum.

Communities are not only defined by post count, they need much more parameters: Are the postings the user creates helpful? Are his threads frequently read? Does the user participate on the community by posting pictures, attachments, leaving visitor messages, tagging threads? How can the user's activitiy be compared to others? All this can be answered with this mod. Additionally your users get awards and collect achievements for beeing active on your board.
    Click here
    or here for more information. You get points for basically everything, from viewing posts to rating threads.

User Profile [SFUSR]

Global Options [SFUGO]

You can edit your options such as Thread Subscriptions in the link above. Not much to say other than you can click it and the forums explain the options for you.

Customization [SFUCU]

You can edit your avatar, signature and all other options in your User Profile Settings. If you have no avatar, your avatar will be Cupid by default. If you have no signature, then a signature won't appear underneath your posts (and you can make your signature not show in posts in addition).
    Threads [SFTHR]

Thread Rating [SFTTR]

In the top right-hand corner of the thread you can rate the thread on a scale of one to five stars. If you need your rating fix, here it is.

Multiquoting [SFTMQ]

You can press this button to queue multiple posts for queueing so you don't have to post multiple posts and flood the thread with your mindless blabble. Once you're done queueing posts up, just click the reply button.

Reputation System [SFTRQ]

See this image?

It's available on the bottom lefthand corner of every post (excluding yours). You can reward people anonymously for making good posts and punish bads for shitposting, depending on your Rep Power. You can see a user's reputation power in their postbit (underneath their forum avatar). You can only award certain individuals so much rep in a certain amount of time to avoid reputation abuse, so keep using the system to get more experience and to refresh the limitations of who you can give rep.

If you have x rep power and give someone rep, then you will give them +x points and the same applies for taking points away. If you have 0 rep power, you can't take away rep.

If you were given/deducted rep, you can see the 5 most recent usages of it by people who have used it on your posts and you.

If you have a green icon in your report, it means you were given positive reputation.
    If you have a grey icon in your report, it means you were given positive reputation by those with less than one rep power. This does not increase your reputation.
    If you have a red icon in your report, it means you were given negative reputation. U dun goofed.

Report System [SFTRS]

At the bottom lefthand corner of each post (including yours), you've got this handy little icon: . This sends you to report.php, which allows you to send reports to the moderators and administrators. They get it in their control panel, so it may take a while for them to respond.

Tagging [SFTTS]

Tagging is a free and easy way to earn reputation. It also makes it easier for the forum backend to find posts. It's located underneath the threads, near the quick reply box.

If I missed anything or if there's something I haven't explained properly, let me know in the posts below.

Edited by KingScuba - Uncluttering the Stickies - 04/27/2015
    Last edited by KingScuba; 10-02-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    New to the forum? Check out This thread

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Party Person
    Much useful, wish this was here before I started finding this out myself. I like the formatting, it looks clean.
    "Change is the only constant" - Heraclitus

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quality post to help beginners.
    This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 3/20/14

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Ràvén's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Great post, Kudos to you for placing all this useful information in the one spot.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bluechacho's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Excellent stuff! Now I'm less of a scrub. +1 to you, Mr. Mexican.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,077
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'll have to look over these links once I can get to a PC. Thanks

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Mexican being as useful as ever. I really want the pink dot, if I do say myself. <3
    Njnick worst casual, confirmed.
    ~~Solo Island~~

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Takix's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I've noticed some people (posters here as well) have a flag under their avatar called "Tagger First Class" what is it and how do you get it?

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Takix View Post
    I've noticed some people (posters here as well) have a flag under their avatar called "Tagger First Class" what is it and how do you get it?
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...nd-First-Class
    "Change is the only constant" - Heraclitus

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 545
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Takix View Post
    The tagger first and second class achievement can be obtained by tagging posts with no tags.
    scroll to the bottom right of the page and click the "add/edit tags" to add tags. You are allowed to Max. add 2 tags each post.
    Need help? PM me!

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained"

I am most active in the Technical section. need any help? feel free to ask!