Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Queue Testing Monday October 20th, 2014 from 4 AM EDT to 12 PM EDT

Game Designer Follower HiRezDrybear's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,082
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points Party Person Repped! Third Class 1 year registered

Queue Testing Monday October 20th, 2014 from 4 AM EDT to 12 PM EDT

This coming Monday we will be testing non-timed queues from 4:00 AM EDT to 12:00 PM EDT (or 10:00 AM CEST to 6:00 PM CEST). This means that there will be no timer associated when queueing, and as soon as a suitable match is available the queue will pop. We are still iterating on this new system and it is not final. This test will give us insight into how to improve it.

NOTE: Match invites will be more rigid for this test. If you do not accept a match invite you will be given deserter status. No more getting up and leaving the computer unattended during queue before entering the god picking stage.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    NOTE: Match invites will be more rigid for this test. If you do not accept a match invite you will be given deserter status. No more getting up and leaving the computer unattended during queue before entering the god picking stage.
    I'm sorry Dry, but this is the most BS thing I seen in ages. What if someone has emergency, someone knocks on the door, phone call, mom calls for dinner, etc etc. You could not accept a match just for those and 1000 other reasons. This was your last chance to not play cuz stuff. Getting 30 minutes deserter seems waaaay to harsh.

Junior Member Cupidhead Hakkusa's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezDrybear View Post
    NOTE: Match invites will be more rigid for this test. If you do not accept a match invite you will be given deserter status. No more getting up and leaving the computer unattended during queue before entering the god picking stage.[/SIZE]
    Does this apply to rejecting the match invitation as well?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakkusa View Post
    Does this apply to rejecting the match invitation as well?
    Can that part be even more yellow? lol

Member Follower
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    That part about not accepting the match queue or whatever is just stupid.. As YOURDADDY said, what if something suddenly comes up but it will only take about 5 minutes to take care of? Then when you come back you have a 30 min deserter. Dumb idea.

EDIT: And also, what you should be more concerned about is the fact that I'm lv30 and I'm matching up with ppl lv16 that are making my gaming experience not as fun simply because they aren't as skilled as the players who have gone through the ranks..

I joined a Joust once and a guy says in the pregame lobby, "This is my first match against real people". A level 1 matching up with me? I was lv27 at the time.
    Last edited by Lynchiemon; 10-17-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead stimilon's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Y0URDADDY View Post
    I'm sorry Dry, but this is the most BS thing I seen in ages. What if someone has emergency, someone knocks on the door, phone call, mom calls for dinner, etc etc. You could not accept a match just for those and 1000 other reasons. This was your last chance to not play cuz stuff. Getting 30 minutes deserter seems waaaay to harsh.
    leave the queue.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Am I the only one that really likes timed queue?

Having a pretty accurate idea of how long my game will take to find, as well as the option to pick the shortest queue (if I am not fussy about which mode I want to play) is a really nice difference that helps Smite stand out to me.

That said, plenty of other stuff stands out, so if change is in the future then I support that. Just want it to be known that the timed queue has many advantages.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 292
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    this seems very bad idea as many say can pass an emergency or something important and get a deserter 30 minutes seems unfair instead of implementing this sort of thing should improve matchmaking headings ie is illogical I level 30 with 51 touch me gods dominated against a team of pure diamond and that my team has new people the truth that is even more annoying leagues to achieve one gets up in leagues and I have to toxic people who can not play and above win and help me report seriously is better to resolve this kind of thing to implement an awful lot of this style

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MiChAeLoKGB's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Youre not only one. I love timed queues.
    I can imagine how many deserters I get during the night when I play. I join the Assault queue and will be waiting 15 min just to get a match. Normally I would just leave, but with deserter? GG.

Also, I pick my queues by the time. If Assault had 10 sec to start, I go assault, if its joust, I go joust. I don't want to wait for game more than 2 min, and thats already pretty long.

Also, Imagine you enter the queue and go to a toilet, when you come back youll just have deserter, cos you got invite and missed it by 5 seconds. Just nope!
    Last edited by MiChAeLoKGB; 10-17-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Ohhh CMON! Everyone love timed que because we know that we should go and take a cigarette during we waiting for next match.. Just dont match bronze with diamond and thats it, solved. GG
    (max 1 tier difference if matchmaking like Bronze vs Silver, Silver vs Gold, etc...)