Page 233 of 236 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2352

Thread: Rate the song above you! [Any Genre]

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by theKeltz View Post
    Bruh, this is Punk. There is no conformist rock and roll, only rebellion against the fascist GDI scum. Support your brothers. Fight oppression. Trust in Nod.

As for the above poster, the song does not necessary need words as far as I am aware, it is probably that the song people want to share the most usually has lyrics due to the relativly low popularity of orchestra/instrumental/OSTs/ETC. So using the first song, 6/10. And anime music is probably not enjoyed as much because (at least to me) they generally seem to be influenced off of classical music which as I noted is not as popular.

I return with another game song. This time made for a fan made mod that I recently started playing. This particular song is one of several of my favorite in the OST

xD watch Your Lie in April, it'll give you a new appreciation for classical music.

Quote Originally Posted by Sissyum View Post
    Not bad, generally listenable, and pretty nice Electronical Music. Still prefer those featuring someone actually singing though

6/10

http://<a href="https://m.youtube.co...ZXHBgjQjNM</a>

This time I'm featuring my favorite Backstreet Boys song.

Describing an addiction to love.

Love those Boybands. And I'm not gay, don't say that like my friends do

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZXHBgjQjNM

Tap that if the video doesn't pop up. I use my phone for Forums
    Key signature issues again 5/10. Sorry I'm picky like that :3.

The feels...the only time they truly performed together.

It seems like the best melancholy/sad songs are in Gb. Secret Base (Anohana) is too.
    Last edited by Lyralis; 08-15-2017 at 05:25 AM.
    What do I put here now?

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Hmm...I'd probably rate that song a 3/10. It's a bit to simple for me honestly.

Here's some fancypants piano.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    This thread may be dead, but music sharing on these forums is very much still a thing, we just do it in the Discord
    I'll just post this as a tribute to Chester Bennington.

Video above is unavailable.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    This thread may be dead, but music sharing on these forums is very much still a thing, we just do it in the Discord
    I'll just post this as a tribute to Chester Bennington.
    Video above is unavailable.
    give it a 6/10, not bad but everytime I heard Linkin Park I miss the old band from back in the mid 1990s. Also I've been having problems with that particular artist I linked being unavailable to people in EU, which makes zero sense because she's Norweigian.

So here's round 2.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    OMG..
    As someone who dislikes slow music, I'm rating it about 5/10

BUT. If I'm judging someone officially as a singer, that right there deserves a 9/10 for the high notes, and the fact someone can breathe and control one's singing for that long.

I've decided to post the best soundtrack ever in my opinion... Even tho this is a relatively popular song.. I don't care, cause I'm me.. i finally figured out how to make the vid appear like that btw. Well only a maybe, so let me try first

[video=youtube] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r0SocbXEal8[/video]

Does it show?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r0SocbXEal8

Try this if not

Ocean Princess Prestigious Lyralis's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RamenFrog View Post
    Hmm...I'd probably rate that song a 3/10. It's a bit to simple for me honestly.

Here's some fancypants piano.

Rip, the video isn't available.

Also @Again, it's deceptively simple, the left hand chord arpeggio is actually pretty challenging* (I worked it out by ear and am currently making sheet music for it).

But to be fair, one really needs to watch the anime to grasp the true meaning and raw emotion behind each piece. They mean much more when you realize the story they're telling.

*16th notes at 94 beats/minute for 8 measures straight, needing to enunciate several, sometimes mid-measure, as if they were whole/half notes, while keeping it smooth and soft all at once. Also extremely close to the right hand and has an irregular arpeggio pattern so you can easily slip up.

Only transcribed half, am pretty sure you also need to learn that same arpeggio for the right hand at some parts, along with chords and cross-hands (or whatever..left hand hits high chords while right plays mid-arpeggio, anyway).
    Last edited by Lyralis; 08-16-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    What do I put here now?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyralis View Post
    Rip, the video isn't available.

Also @Again, it's deceptively simple, the left hand chord arpeggio is actually pretty challenging* (I worked it out by ear and am currently making sheet music for it).

But to be fair, one really needs to watch the anime to grasp the true meaning and raw emotion behind each piece. They mean much more when you realize the story they're telling.

*16th notes at 94 beats/minute for 8 measures straight, needing to enunciate several, sometimes mid-measure, as if they were whole/half notes, while keeping it smooth and soft all at once. Also extremely close to the right hand and has an irregular arpeggio pattern so you can easily slip up.

Only transcribed half, am pretty sure you also need to learn that same arpeggio for the right hand at some parts, along with chords and cross-hands (or whatever..left hand hits high chords while right plays mid-arpeggio, anyway).
    Rip, guess no one will hear that song.

I actually took piano for 10 years so I'm familiar with the general setup of the song. I think it's just the sounds they used for the notes that seem to make it sound like it came out of your run-of-the-mill Visual novel, the general tempo of the song I never had a problem with.

I actually used to play a lot of songs coming out of anime, unfortunately I had to stop due to a degenerative disease I was born with so I don't play anymore...but this was one of the songs I used to love playing as a warmup.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    I also studied playing a synthesizer for about 3 years. Personally, while I absolutely love piano, I don't like it when it's the sole instrument in a song. It can complement other instruments or vocals excellently, but I just can't really like a song with just a piano. For that reason I will give it a 6/10.

As it seems there is a lot of classic influenced music as of late, here is something from one of my favorite albums to keep with the theme. I actually listened the entire album (Griseus) in order to pick a single song and it was quite hard to pick one. As some songs were way too long and other had a bit too much black metal in em for you to like, eventually I chose this one:

I like how a piano can both sound dark and sinister at one moment, and joyful and triumphant on the next.
    Last edited by Aurasai; 08-18-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
    I like how a piano can both sound dark and sinister at one moment, and joyful and triumphant on the next.
    My immediate response: "This is some good shit."

9/10 simply because it's not a song you casually listen to in the background, and due to the length. I actually stopped what I was doing and just listened with my tea. Excellent piece.

Gonna switch gears here and throw out a different genre.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Kinda reminds me of Tiberium Sun. If there was about 80% less lyrics I might even add it to my RTS playlist. 79/100

Here is a song from one of my favorite indie musicians.

*Insert witty remark here*

Astatine is my spirit element

“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories

If we do not know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can not anticipate our future actions
    -anonymous American