Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you fight a RA?

Member Worshipper LordxSesshomaru's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

How do you fight a RA?

I have not found a way to fight a RA in early and mid game.

His ability to clear the lane so effecitvly and be aggresive is just amazing to me.

I love playing Zeus and all, but Im shoved into twoer...

but its not just Zeus. Chaac, Herc or other mages, I cannot lane against a RA.

Is their some strategy im not familiar with that allows me to fight a RA Or is this one of the cases where you are screwed in the lane?
    Read. Review. Moo

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Winged blade and anti-heal tends to shut down Ra. But it's not the end of the world to lose some experience to the tower early-game against someone with better waveclear. If they're pushed that far up to your tower then get your jungler to gank them and force them to back up. There are risks for your opponent to overextend obviously.

Senior Member Honoured Messeery's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Only anubis can lane against Ra, as a diamond Ra i can tell you that he is 2nd best laner in the game after anubis. He can heal the wave which will be an issue for bruisers or assassins in solo lane, just play it safe, get healing reductions and make the jungler show up to push the ra back.
    Inactive player. Will be back when smite gets better.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Nah. I dont think so. He has healing, good waveclear and thats all. His beam is easy to predict and his 2 is melee ability. Zeus has aweful waveclear so its not something special to have difference. Herc a bit too. Take odin and u ll see huge difference in that aspect. Antihealing items is ok, specially in teamfights. So even his healing could be countered.

Btw. I checked league joust (its 1vs1) and ra has only 46.89% winrate. Pretty good, but not rly high. Thats becouse its too easy to counter and predict his actions.

Senior Member Honoured Ginrikuzuma's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Like with anyone else that is giving you trouble.

1) Stay under tower until you can clear lane just as fast as him

2) Exploit mistakes the enemy makes

3) Get jungler to gank

Also counter-build against the ra if he is giving you that much trouble.

I built wrong (since I wasn't sure if it was going to be Nu Wa, Ra, or Loki solo since at the very start we couldn't locate Loki or Freya to see where he was going to go and by the time Freya was spotted in duo lane [as their adc] I had already bought gear ready to fight the Loki) and since I built wrong I simply played tower and exploited mistakes the Ra did (going full cdr didn't help him either lol)

The loki eventually shut me down near the end after my 7th kill when I got greedy.

https://account.hirezstudios.com/smi...atch=103422656

But yeah no matter your opponent if you can't out-push them you are best playing tower and ask for ganks or exploit mistakes the enemy does (extends too far with your jungler nearby, using his escape to chase you, going after you instead of clearing wave, etc. whatever the mistake)

I would say however don't stay completely under tower since sure you will still be getting exp from minions but you will fall behind in gold if you let the tower do all the work.
    We need Centeotl, Aztec God of Maize.
    For those threads you need popcorn...
    I still stand behind this Janus concept instead of the silly one we have with portals...

With the Scylla skin done now I can hope for Ne Zha's

The crusher is such a bullshit item, lets remodel Nu Wa due to complaints of backdooring and now instead give physicals like Loki and Apollo an item to aid in backdooring.

Senior Member Chosen EconomicSuicide's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Lane ve ra with a bruiser, or assassin like ne zha and watch him melt. If you need a mage, zues is a good choice and so is posidan

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by EconomicSuicide View Post
    Lane ve ra with a bruiser, or assassin like ne zha and watch him melt. If you need a mage, zues is a good choice and so i posidan
    Let's see in joust 1v1 what ra gaved and took from me.

Ra defeated me as: loki and he bo.
    I lost a mirror match again a ra, and I won a match against a hades and a vulcan.

Ra is a balanced mage, and after me the 3rd hardest one to box , because his speed and his slo combined will make you a sitting duck.

Senior Member Honoured Ginrikuzuma's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrkulyte View Post
    Let's see in joust 1v1 what ra gaved and took from me.

Ra defeated me as: loki and he bo.
    I lost a mirror match again a ra, and I won a match against a hades and a vulcan.

Ra is a balanced mage, and after me the 3rd hardest one to box , because his speed and his slo combined will make you a sitting duck.
    winged blade, beads, or sprint 3 will deal with his slow

sprint 3 or curse will help you catch up to him (in the case of curse it wil even kill his heal if its weakening curse)
    We need Centeotl, Aztec God of Maize.
    For those threads you need popcorn...
    I still stand behind this Janus concept instead of the silly one we have with portals...

With the Scylla skin done now I can hope for Ne Zha's

The crusher is such a bullshit item, lets remodel Nu Wa due to complaints of backdooring and now instead give physicals like Loki and Apollo an item to aid in backdooring.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Anti healing items are your beat friend.