Thread: Aphrodite, The most hardcore god or useless?

New Member Cupidhead GGTeammatchGG's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381

Lightbulb Aphrodite, The most hardcore god or useless?

Hi everyone, i play Aphrodite many times and i think her skills are very useless and problematics to work. Therefore i write some ideas for her skills.

Her passive really works? I think it only give a little regeneration of mp only a little useful if she take the blue buff.

My passive for her would be a area for all gods allies inside they become soulmates and they get hp and mp regeneration depending on the number of gods (now will be more useful in PVP massive).

Her 1 skill: Kiss ... So many times i failed a kiss on an ally that should have worked and wait for the re-use is too bad.

My idea for Kiss: The same operation to use only what not work on allies now (because my passive idea) if the kiss gives an enemy will be silenced and attracted to Aphrodite for several seconds.

Her 2 skill: Back Off! ... i only say the slowdown not work and the push of 25 units too low... really too useless. I only use this when an ally go to a enemy with XX HP for kill it.

My idea for Back Off!: Now work on all allies inside of area of her passive doing a push of 35 units and stun all the enemies for X seconds.

Her 3 skill: Love Birds ... Useful to kill minions and heal. Remember it's no a mage skill for kill enemies...

My idea for Love Birds is, basically, the same only change the attack order: (">" are the birds)

The actual aphrodite Love Birds work so: >====l // =>===l // ==>==l ... it's be difficult to attack an enemy.
    Therefore my idea is: >===< // =>=<= //. And when the birds collide will appear a beatiful heart ... okno or yes?

Her 4 skill: Immortal love ... only use against a crucial enemy ultimate skill (for example, Ares and Poseidon)

I think this ultimate skill need be a little offensive. Increasing the duration of invincible and get a buff of damage protection.

Sorry for my english mistakes

Senior Member Honoured Baphomelt's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I think you're playing Aphrodite wrong if you think her skills are useless and problematic to work. If you take a time to search on youtube or twtich channels you'll see how powerfull and destructive Aphrodite can be.

You're also forgeting that everything on Aphrodite's kit can affect 3 people at once: Her, her soulmate and her enemy.

Maybe you're not even building her right, because to say that Love Birds can't kill enemies is completly wrong. With proper use of her kit, one combo and you can kill squishies pretty fast and get out unharmed. And I'm pretty sure other Aphrodite players like myself will agree with me. As a rank X Aphro I can totally guarantee that the problem isn't her kit, it's probably the way you play with her that makes her useless.

New Member Cupidhead GGTeammatchGG's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381
    My actual Aphrodite basic buy is:

1º Watcher's Gift (before i always take the Vampiric shroud for more healing and dmg)
    2º Midas Boots (before i always take the Shoes of the magic but always i have problems with money...) yes my teams not buy wards...
    3º Sovereingty or Breastplate of Valor (depending i'll need)
    4º Gem of Insolation / Phytagorem's Piece / Rod of Asclepius (depending)
    5º Ethereal Staff
    6º Bulwark of Hope
    7º Magi's Blessing or Hide of the Urchin
    8º One of the above

Actives: Hands of gods (always 3) / Enfleebing curse (usually,very OP slow, perfect for chase and escape)
    Combat blink (when enemy team is too feed... or always doing the gold fury) Greater of Provindence (rarely)

I always buy Aphrodite tank because i can't doing anything if always focus me, you think you have opportunity versus a Kali or Fenrir in mid-game 1 vs 1 ? if you can kill another of them you are my god, anyway i'll take a look in the videos of Aphrodite.

Thanks for you reply
    Last edited by GGTeammatchGG; 10-09-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    play 1v1 against an Aphrodite.. tell me if shes useless after the match.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Aphrodite isn't useless except for her passive, imo

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Aphrodite's problem isn't her kit, it's your build. You are building her as a support, which means she will have the same problems securing kills as anyone else built as a support. You have two items providing damage, and they're acquired late. It's not that the build is "wrong" for Aphrodite, it's just a support build. You don't expect to kill people with it.

Try Aphrodite in the solo lane. Start Vampiric Shroud and rush Warlock's Sash. Pick up Shoes of Focus and Spear of the Magus. Your doves will murder people.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    [QUOTE=GGTeammatchGG;151909]My actual Aphrodite basic buy is:

1º Watcher's Gift (before i always take the Vampiric shroud for more healing and dmg)
    2º Midas Boots (before i always take the Shoes of the magic but always i have problems with money...) yes my teams not buy wards...
    3º Sovereingty or Breastplate of Valor (depending i'll need)
    4º Gem of Insolation / Phytagorem's Piece / Rod of Asclepius (depending)
    5º Ethereal Staff
    6º Bulwark of Hope
    7º Magi's Blessing or Hide of the Urchin
    8º One of the above

Actives: Hands of gods (always 3) / Enfleebing curse (usually,very OP slow, perfect for chase and escape)
    Combat blink (when enemy team is too feed... or always doing the gold fury) Greater of Provindence (rarely)

I always buy Aphrodite tank because i can't doing anything if always focus me, you think you have opportunity versus a Kali or Fenrir in mid-game 1 vs 1 ? if you can kill another of them you are my god, anyway i'll take a look in the videos of Aphrodite.

That isn't the right buit for aphro. No one and I say no one in their right minds would buy Midas boots for aphro, but I normally go solo with her and my built will be:

1) vampiric shroud
    2)warlock sash
    3)shoes of focus
    4)chronos pendant(sell vampiric shroud)
    5)rod of Asclepius
    6)rod of tahuti
    7)book of Thoth
    8)HOG
    9)teleport to allies ( I maintain it in teleport grade 2 in early and mid game)

I've also tried this built in duo with Artemis and I got first blood

Without full cooldown reduction built you will probably fail using aphro

And yes I've killed Kali in solo lane by myself and also fenrir(but obviously not at the same time)
    Last edited by Undefiable; 10-21-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Achievements:
    You do know that aphrodite has one of the deadliest single stun combo right?

Achievements:
    Aphrodite is a pretty op god if used correctly, in mid game back off can deplete a quarter of health and her slow can prevent bastet's ult from catching up to you.

BTW baphomelt do you have diamond aphro

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Persephone200's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 250 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Corolinth View Post
    Aphrodite's problem isn't her kit, it's your build. You are building her as a support, which means she will have the same problems securing kills as anyone else built as a support. You have two items providing damage, and they're acquired late. It's not that the build is "wrong" for Aphrodite, it's just a support build. You don't expect to kill people with it.

Try Aphrodite in the solo lane. Start Vampiric Shroud and rush Warlock's Sash. Pick up Shoes of Focus and Spear of the Magus. Your doves will murder people.
    I think your absolutely right, I tried building her that way and poof....MAGIC!!!