Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: What is your current opinion on the Smite Leagues?

  1. #1
    New Member Cupidhead SinisterTales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4
    3
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0

    What is your current opinion on the Smite Leagues?

    This can be anywhere from a person's rant time to someone's constructive criticism to the current state. I am not going to go into detail about my thought, because if you've played League I am quite adamant about my opinions.

  2. #2
    New Member Cupidhead Jailßird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    8
    3
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 480
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    It's all about lucky win streak.

  3. #3
    Member Follower OblivKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    210
    4
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Glorified solo queue. I literally only play to stay and not drop down to lower ranks.

    I would have a much greater desire to play ranked if they introduced duo queue.
    This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 3/20/14

  4. #4
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NorsteinBekkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    38
    4
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OblivKnight View Post
    Glorified solo queue. I literally only play to stay and not drop down to lower ranks.

    I would have a much greater desire to play ranked if they introduced duo queue.
    So you want them to implement the most toxic aspect of Solo Queue from League of Legends?

  5. #5
    Member Follower OblivKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    210
    4
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by NorsteinBekkler View Post
    So you want them to implement the most toxic aspect of Solo Queue from League of Legends?
    The most frustrating aspect of ranked or at least from what I see it is simply the lack of control a player can feel on the impact of the game and players will get frustrated over players who underperform or don't play up to their expectations. In a duo queue system, two friends would have more impact on the game and therefore feel less frustrated, also playing with friends is also more fun than playing alone and a similar case would be on the enemy side.

    I'm just going to say that I've never played LoL and I never plan to, so I might be missing something here, but I really find Smite not having a duo ranked queue silly when both league and Dota 2 have one.
    This won't be removed until the Browns win the Super Bowl. - Started 3/20/14

  6. #6
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NorsteinBekkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    38
    4
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OblivKnight View Post
    The most frustrating aspect of ranked or at least from what I see it is simply the lack of control a player can feel on the impact of the game and players will get frustrated over players who underperform or don't play up to their expectations. In a duo queue system, two friends would have more impact on the game and therefore feel less frustrated, also playing with friends is also more fun than playing alone and a similar case would be on the enemy side.

    I'm just going to say that I've never played LoL and I never plan to, so I might be missing something here, but I really find Smite not having a duo ranked queue silly when both league and Dota 2 have one.
    The merits never seem to outweigh the vices, sad to say.

    Because if League taught anyone anything it's that having a Duo system in a Solo-based queue is all the more detrimental to ranked.

    1. Players who play together rarely play in the same skill brackets, so you have friends carrying worse-talented friends into higher brackets and dumped into teams that are going to regret how badly they perform compared to the rest of the players in the match.

    2. Players will pay other players to do exactly that for Season rewards, Rank-requirement rewards, boasting rights, etc...

    3. Duo Players will often times use their 'majority vote' against a single, particular person in a game to condescend and treat said person like shit and get away with it because by default they hold more opinions than someone would alone, not to mention bullying picks for placement on the team.

    Solo Queue is meant to be a rating system for people who choose to play alone and how well they can adapt to accommodate new teams at random.

    Full Premade Queues are for friends.

  7. #7
    Member Worshipper Jokahine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    In the jungle, the mighty jungle..
    Posts
    459
    7
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    1v1 joust league needs 5 bans per side!
    My god balancing ideas #1 #2 OUTDATED
    My new item ideas
    My item balancing ideas

  8. #8
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead CAPSLOCKFURY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    51
    3
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by NorsteinBekkler View Post
    The merits never seem to outweigh the vices, sad to say.

    Because if League taught anyone anything it's that having a Duo system in a Solo-based queue is all the more detrimental to ranked.

    1. Players who play together rarely play in the same skill brackets, so you have friends carrying worse-talented friends into higher brackets and dumped into teams that are going to regret how badly they perform compared to the rest of the players in the match.

    2. Players will pay other players to do exactly that for Season rewards, Rank-requirement rewards, boasting rights, etc...

    3. Duo Players will often times use their 'majority vote' against a single, particular person in a game to condescend and treat said person like shit and get away with it because by default they hold more opinions than someone would alone, not to mention bullying picks for placement on the team.

    Solo Queue is meant to be a rating system for people who choose to play alone and how well they can adapt to accommodate new teams at random.

    Full Premade Queues are for friends.
    As someone who came from LoL - all of these were pretty minor problems and/or had fixes in place for them. Definitely not as big a deal as you're making them out to be.

    ____

    That said, I have tons and tons of problems with the league queue which could make its own feedback thread honestly and I don't really have the time to put it all together now anyway. Basically, though, I feel the current system is a sad one with almost no real feeling of progression and what little feeling there is is quickly wiped in a month. On top of that, it doesn't promote new competitors or reward talent in any way and just feels awful as a result.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NorsteinBekkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    38
    4
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CAPSLOCKFURY View Post
    As someone who came from LoL - all of these were pretty minor problems and/or had fixes in place for them. Definitely not as big a deal as you're making them out to be.

    ____

    That said, I have tons and tons of problems with the league queue which could make its own feedback thread honestly and I don't really have the time to put it all together now anyway. Basically, though, I feel the current system is a sad one with almost no real feeling of progression and what little feeling there is is quickly wiped in a month. On top of that, it doesn't promote new competitors or reward talent in any way and just feels awful as a result.
    Name the fix for Elo Jobs and people in brackets they don't belong in.

  10. #10
    Member Worshipper Mexican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    385
    12
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    I feel its pointed towards people who play it more, with a slight of luck.
    Last edited by Mexican; 03-22-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    New to the forum? Check out This thread
    .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •