Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: dmbrandon's Tier List and discussion! Updated: 6/2/2014

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 376
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered

dmbrandon's Tier List and discussion! Updated: 6/2/2014

This list will be updated when new information about gods arises, or if a patch changes a god's viability in game through stats changes, meta changes, item restrictions, etc. Keep in mind, it takes some gods months of top level play without changes from Hirez to move in tiers, and the game changes too rapidly to explore everything. This list is based off of tournament results and high level play from notable players.

S+:
    Scylla, Hun Batz

S:
    Hercules, Aphrodite, Thor, Ra, Apollo, Poseidon, Freya, Vamana,

A:
    Agni, Anhur, Artemis, Athena, Bacchus, Bastet, Chaac, Chang'E, Geb, He Bo, Isis, Kumbhakarna, Mercury, Neith, Nemesis, Osiris, Sobek, Sun Wukong, Ullr, Zhong Kui

B:
    Ao Kuang, AMC, Ares, Bakasura, Chronos, Hel, Kali, Loki, Thanatos, Tyr, Xbalanque, Ymir

C:
    Anubis, Cupid, Fenrir, Guan Yu, Hades, Ne Zha, Nu Wa, Odin, Vulcan, Zeus

D:
    Arachne

Notable god notations:

• Scylla
      Insane burst damage, hyper safe, and an ultimate that forces fear in the hearts of every other god in the game currently. Poseidon's recent nerfs allow Scylla to be able to keep up in rotations a bit better. With major nerfs hitting a lot of the cast recently, and Scylla, already a top mage pick, receiving no treatment, she shoots up to Priority Pick/Ban, topping the charts.

As of right now, she's just too dangerous.
    • Hun Batz

Shing brought him back, and Andinster confirms: The Monkey King is BACK!

Insane mobility, ludicrous damage, and and AoE fear inducing ult, the control of the Howler Money is completely absurd. His scaling is also allows him to break into the end game as hard as almost any other god in the game, with the ability to 1-2 shot people with relative ease.

With Bastet going down a bit (Though she is still very strong) The Monkey King takes the top spot as jungler.
    • Hercules
      We saw some growing pains in Hercules this weekend, but his pick ban rate and given that it was his first week in competitive play in months, it's hard to argue the strength of the Baseball playing Champion of Rome.

With the buff to the timing of Driving Strike, players have a much more reliable stun and damage dealer, on top of being one of the few warriors who made it through the recent culling without losing too much. Note: Like the patch notes read, you can't really build one damage item and tanginess and expect to carry like the days of old. You need to focus on a role and really grind into it to ensure you have a place in the end game.

Herc's space control is completely absurd. He is the current king of mid range, beating out characters like He Bo and Freya for the title of Boxing Champ!

Also, don't forget the CC immunity on Excavate, ensuring that damage goes off! You can use it while mitigate wounds is active to ensure the cc immunity will eat through moves like No Escape, Kraken, and more. A great counter initiate, though, it will likely be a bit before competitive teams can really abuse this move in the way the potential dictates, but until then, he's still an amazing pickup. Be afraid.
    • Thor
      Timing. Is. Everything.

A small change to the way Mjolnir's Attunement travels has completely changed not only the way we see the god in terms of usefulness, but it changes his play style!

Berserker Barrage takes a backseat to the leveling marvel that is MA. Players swinging for the upwards of 500-700 damage at level 9 off of a stun, and while the hammer travels, you can even teleport after the double proc or Basic attack cancel into a level 1-2 BB so an amount of damage that will make any mage uncomfortable.

His semi-global presence makes warding against him a nightmare, and his ability to do damage is bar none in the current meta. At least, until the end game. Hun Batz will eventually be able to swing harder, but Thor controls the early game, and can force an enemy mid or solo so far behind that they will be a non-issue when the gold fury begins to be contested!
    • The Guardians
      Sobek, Athena, Bacchus, Geb, Ymir, Khumba…

They are just… Better! We saw first picks of Sobek and Khumba. Athena had a strong showing, as well. Really, it just seems like with the damage and tankiness changes to the warriors, they can't seem to hang as hard as the CC riddled guardians. Sobek's combo potential is extremely prevalent, Khumba's initiate has been unmatched (and omg, those SLEEPY BAITS), and Athena's global presence has changed fights repeatedly. While Geb and Bacchus have been hanging out for awhile in the meta, it seems like the rest of the class has finished their homework is doing well in the current course of things.

Granted, this is just week 1, so it will obviously need some testing. But, Chaac isn't really out of it just yet, and we haven't seen Herc Support go wild in the way we all know it can.

I'm truly curious on the future of the support role, and even with all the questions I have, and I can assume and assure that it's gonna be bright!
    • Diem's Flavor of the Month:Anhur
      People don't really measure his passive in the highest regard. At least, not nearly high enough.

With the shift in builds from Heartseeker/Draining blade, Attack speed becomes a bit stronger. Executioner and Qin's fill the role of the fallen from Grace DB, and Dev's Gauntlets become the staple rush, great harassment potential starts to take precedent. Apollo obviously holds the top slot with the global ult, and Audacity being a tad overturned with the shift, but Anhur's laning phase holds likely the strongest.

Similarly to Bastet, the level 5 tick turns him into a charged up power house of instant kill potential. With the passive pen, and sick amount of CC, Anhur is likely the most underrated character in the game. When Desert Fury starts to fall off, the damage will be more than made up with some of the most dangerous boxing potential in the game.
    • Tournament banned:: Janus
      Unconfirmable damage, though extreeeemely high, Janus just doesn't have the same control or burst potential in team fights that a character like Scylla or Poseidon would have, the snipe potential isn't nearly as strong as Ra's, and he lacks sustainability.

Rough life.

With that, it's hard to say where he'd land. Maybe, like Khumba, we're gonna need more time (heh) to see where he's going to fit. With a stance patching for his main attack ability, 50 ways to dodge his CC, and the most unreliable ultimate in the game, I can't see him being the strongest.

We're likely to see some buffs soon, as almost every player in the competitive world is crying out for change. He's volatile, though, so even a small change could shoot him into the OP Heavens. But with the recent surge of cute amounts of balance to the game, I don't think we have much to fear. <

Guide:
    • Not all tiers will be available all the time. For instance, SS is only for extreme cases like GuanYu/Nemesis Release.
    • S and higher will be oredered in terms of power. A rank and below will be alphabetical.

SS:
    Completely OP and should be banned picked every game without question. If you go into ranked without this god mastetered, you are crippling your team entirely.
    S+:
    First ban material. Don't under estimate, and make sure you can play this god well before going into tourney or ranked.
    S:
    Quintessential top tier characters. Slightly above the rest of the cast.
    A:
    Focal Point of balance. These characters you'll find picked anywhere from first to tenth, and sometimes even overlooked. You should understand how to play most of these gods effectively if you want to be a competitive player.
    B:
    Niche picks that should be grabbed for counter matchups. Less important in the current meta, but still viable.
    C:
    These picks are hard to put on a team safely and have them do well. Exceptions are in player bias towards them due to understanding of mechanics, but ultimately should be avoided for higher picks.
    D:
    Nigh on unusable in the current meta in top level play. Some uses in certain comps, but mostly should be passed on without question.

4/24/14 Update: Merc moves to A tier as Nemesis becomes valued lower in S and moves out of ban range. Scylla and Wukong move farther up, as well. Top 3 remain Ullr, Bastet, Aphro

5/6/14 Update: Bastet is the cheese; stands alone in S+. Ullr moves from top god to A de to player knowledge unlocking the matchup and nerfs! Shing bring Batz into the limelight again, moving him WAY UP, and Aphro remains top of S!

5/17/14 Update: Hunbatz moved to S+, Pos moved to top of S ahead of Aphro, Ra moves close to thebottom of S, as Neith and Ullr trade places with Apollo! Chang'e moves to A tier

6/2/14: Update: Game was turned on its ass. lol
    Last edited by dmbrandon; 06-02-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class Overdrive 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points
    Your date is wrong. It's april.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    Overdrive 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 31 days registered
    Welp, there goes my hopes of playing Bastet now with her infinite HP cats.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    ack you beat me
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    mm/dd/yy format. It is the 9th of April

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    So glad you're doing this sort of thing now DM I look forward to what you say about them as the patches come around.

This list looks pretty much bang on imo. I'm surprised you put Kali in B however, would you not consider moving her to A? I know you love her and in terms of competitive play she hasn't really reached her potential on that scene, but I'd still consider her better than Artemis, Herc et al.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class Overdrive 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Why the Bacchus pick? I was under the impression what with the focus on Warrior supports who are well known for having knockup capabilities (looks at SWK) that his Belch never gets off.

Unless you're talking about a pick used purely for Intoxicate, which Tyr only gets hit for 1 second of anyways.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I agree with everything in this post .__.

What do you think is good about Vamana? Would you nerf him?
    Also, you still got a sexy beard Brandon

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Achievements:
    Overdrive 1000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 31 days registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Flareb00t View Post
    Why the Bacchus pick? I was under the impression what with the focus on Warrior supports who are well known for having knockup capabilities (looks at SWK) that his Belch never gets off.

Unless you're talking about a pick used purely for Intoxicate, which Tyr only gets hit for 1 second of anyways.
    1/51 gods having a passive that gives an edge on CC doesn't give grounds to be knocked down a ​Tyr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    I'm only on the fence about Ra being S or A tier. I don't think he's up on the level of Chaac, Odin and Tyr. Maybe A+ tier?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class Overdrive 3 months registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainag View Post
    mm/dd/yy format. It is the 9th of April
    He had changed it by the time you saw it, it was originally 3/9/14

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast