View Poll Results: Add 1vs1 battles in normal?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

9 81.82%
  • No!

2 18.18%

Thread: Get back the old 1vs1 in normal mode

Junior Member Cupidhead EasyThe's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Get back the old 1vs1 in normal mode

Please add the old 1vs1 in normal mode. It can exist either in normal and league please

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Can't agree more. But the problem is those who have played leagues in this mode for long would likely to outrage. I think the only reason 1v1 was kept in leagues was to get people to play league games easily by not having them stuck in an unending loop of "unable to get you a game in this round". It is far easier to get a game in 1v1. That's the only reason it is surviving. But I am all yes , move it to normal.
    Fun and Heart

IGN:arka222
    My Vulcan Guide:http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide...e-of-grit-4029
    Our clan site: www.smitefire.com (SMFG)

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    More game modes = more options = good thing

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    More game modes = more options = good thing
    = Less players in each queue = Longer queue times = Worse match making?

But who cares, Hi-Rez need to give us what WE want, not what they want. We want Casual Joust? We want West Coast Servers? We want... whatever, If they complain "Oh but the player base" or anything, bad luck. Give us what we want and we will play more and get more people on board.

Simply by giving us something to play for means more matches. Giving us what we really want and allowing us to get our friends on will mean even more matches.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Zàngétsu View Post
    = Less players in each queue = Longer queue times = Worse match making?

But who cares, Hi-Rez need to give us what WE want, not what they want. We want Casual Joust? We want West Coast Servers? We want... whatever, If they complain "Oh but the player base" or anything, bad luck. Give us what we want and we will play more and get more people on board.

Simply by giving us something to play for means more matches. Giving us what we really want and allowing us to get our friends on will mean even more matches.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. A casual 1v1 joust will not take that heavily from the player base of other games. The most frequent participants would be people who play ranked 1v1 joust. Certainly flooding the game with gametypes would dilute the number of players and negatively influence matchmaking, but adding a very small game with a very small following won't change much.

Senior Member Honoured Zàngétsu's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusHatesYou View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. A casual 1v1 joust will not take that heavily from the player base of other games. The most frequent participants would be people who play ranked 1v1 joust. Certainly flooding the game with gametypes would dilute the number of players and negatively influence matchmaking, but adding a very small game with a very small following won't change much.
    No no, I am being serious. If they gave us more it would be better.

Really, think about it. I currently play a couple of games a day, if that, sometimes more. But even in the last week I had some 4 days without playing, I just had no need to play. If they gave us Casual Joust, Domination back, West Coast Servers and anything else we want it would mean players like myself who hardly even play will get more into it.

I know 1000% for sure I would be playing all variations of League if they finally opened the West Coast Server, I know 100000% that I WILL play better. Out of all the games I have played on lower ping I have lost ONE. And I have had quite a few games. That enough is incentive to not only play more, but play better, play other gods, play more aggressive, win more and win faster, therefore even more games again.

As it is I take 30+ minutes in a Joust game, a fucking 1v1 match that has a much higher gold and technically level since you gain all the creep exp, something that should be decided 10-15 minutes in. But no, the way I have to play at 300 ping means I can either go balls to the wall, or play safe so I don't just lose all my ranked games.

That is another reason to have casual, you can play balls to the wall and experiment with no issues about losing rank.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Even if you do not kill the enemy, forcing them to retreat is still a win, this still gives you time to gain Exp, gold and damage the objectives.

Here is what 300+ Ping looks like: Tyr 3v3
    Here is what no ping looks like: Tyr 1v1

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zàngétsu View Post
    No no, I am being serious. If they gave us more it would be better.

Really, think about it. I currently play a couple of games a day, if that, sometimes more. But even in the last week I had some 4 days without playing, I just had no need to play. If they gave us Casual Joust, Domination back, West Coast Servers and anything else we want it would mean players like myself who hardly even play will get more into it.

I know 1000% for sure I would be playing all variations of League if they finally opened the West Coast Server, I know 100000% that I WILL play better. Out of all the games I have played on lower ping I have lost ONE. And I have had quite a few games. That enough is incentive to not only play more, but play better, play other gods, play more aggressive, win more and win faster, therefore even more games again.

As it is I take 30+ minutes in a Joust game, a fucking 1v1 match that has a much higher gold and technically level since you gain all the creep exp, something that should be decided 10-15 minutes in. But no, the way I have to play at 300 ping means I can either go balls to the wall, or play safe so I don't just lose all my ranked games.

That is another reason to have casual, you can play balls to the wall and experiment with no issues about losing rank.
    Those are all very valid points I totally agree.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyThe View Post
    Please add the old 1vs1 in normal mode. It can exist either in normal and league please
    1v1 in normal (because its simple for beginners less caos going around just have to track one enemy etc) AND RANK. Both gives us options see what happens
    Last edited by AIGuardian; 04-24-2019 at 12:32 AM.