View Poll Results: Which idea do you like?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Idea 1#

0 0%
  • Idea 2#

4 40.00%
  • Idea 3#

1 10.00%
  • Idea 4#

1 10.00%
  • Idea 5#

1 10.00%
  • Idea 6#

3 30.00%
  • I have another idea which I'm going to share!

0 0%
  • I'm think Sobek passive is 'Fine' and I'm silly head.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Sobek Passive Idea Corner!

Senior Member Honoured SagaTheDragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class

The Sobek Passive Idea Corner!

Hello fellow Smiters, I'm here to talk about some ideas I've thought for the top of the food chain (Or so he says) God, Sobek.

Now, everyone knows without a doubt that his passive is lame, a real bland, near useless ability on God with an awesome kit.

For those who don't know is that his passive, Blessing of The Nile, does the follow: Sobek's basic attacks that hit an enemy grant him 5 protections for 4s. Max 3 stacks.

Now, this means after three basic attacks, he will get 15 to protections. This is underwhelming, completely so and it doesn't last long at all. Plus being a tank he's not gonna be doing much basic attacks to begin with. Plus it won't be much help in team fight when you need it.

His attack speed and growth is only 0.85 (+1.4%) so it's not even that easy to get until higher levels, when it's useless.

Let's take a look at some facts about Sobek: http://smite.gamepedia.com/Sobek
    Sobek has some of the lowest health growth, low protections, and slowest health/mana regen, though has the highest Mana and Mana growth of any guardian, as to why I have no idea

So with this we can see that he needs a pretty good passive to set this off, and here are some ideas of mine, The first three being my favorite ideas:

1. Defender of The Nile: Sobek has an aura that grands 5 (at the lowest) or 10 (At the highest) protections to all allies around him. So basically this is really simple, Sobek get weak version of sovereignty built onto him, making him a solid support. This would be most useful early game, and in team fights, granting a total of 25 or 50 protections total.

2 Blessing of The Nile: For each God in 55 Feet of Sobek, he gains 5 protections, to maximum of 25. This means Sobek is very strong during team fights, and since he has his dash which gets him neck deep in enemies, and his ult which is based around him, having something like this would be useful. It also means 1v1 he would also be a bit more exposed, and long range mages could easily hit him with no protections, so it more situational.

3. Shed Scales: When Sobek is at 25%-50% health, Sobek gains a shield against any CC that hits him, and 2 second speed boost. This can only trigger every 60 seconds. So basically he 'sheds' his skin to escape a debuff, one again this like built in item again.

Now these are more off ideas I thought of as well, I don't like them as much, but I think they would do better then what he has.

4. Sweat of the Nile: (In his lore it mentions stories of his sweat creating the nile river) Whenever Sobek is damaged, he gains 10%-20% movement speed for 2 seconds. This would mean when ever he's damaged he can move and dodge better others, but out of combat he would be like most others. It's also great as escape tool for him, as well for positioning his ult.

5. Serrated Teeth: Sobeks abilities apply a 3 sec debuff, reducing the gods attack speed and basic attack damage by 15%. I felt it fitting that his sharp teeth and deadly blade could sink deep, providing a debuff to weaken his prey and improve his role as a hunter.

6: Death Roll: (Named after crocodiles infamous bite and spin tactic to wear down and drown prey to eventually kill them) Sobek abilities do 10% extra damage to slowed enemies. This is straight forward, first off his ult would always get this boost, but with clever item choices, you can get it to work on your other abilities, or work out things with your team.

Those are all my ideas for Sobek regarding his passives, if you have an idea, please share!

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Wrote this in another post but think it might work.

How about sobek getting isis's passive? It would work great in the guardian role?.

Sobek's current passive doesn't make sense and neither does isis's so by moving isis's to sobek's you would have to create one passive instead of two.

It would make sobek a top pick guardian and create an interesting dynamic where if sobek gets his stacks early the enemy team would have to try to take him out to reset the stacks.

Out of all your ideas I would go for the second one but double the protections.
    Last edited by Canadianhermit; 09-24-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Loved 4,3, and 2.

Achievements:
    31 days registered Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I have a request from all of you....If we want to make a change, we need to get voices who speak louder then most. Spread the word of this, talk to Streamer and link them, anyone who is looked up and ask them to spread it. I hope that maybe, if this gets enough attention, it could reach Hi-Rez's ears and become a reality.

I know that's a lot to think...and it may be just my dream, but I feel our community has a stronger bond, and that Hi-Rez listens closer.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    His skills needing fixes are a higher priority but your ideas are good.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    His skills needing fixes are a higher priority but your ideas are good.
    What defines and sets a character apart more then his passive? Ymir wouldn't be a jungler without his passive. Geb wouldn't be such hard counter to warrior/ADCS without his. Kulkulkan passive is why all the n00b shout "OP". We must start here, as for his abilities...they are pretty good. His one for example is just outright fantastic.

Thank you for your support~

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I had the Idea to give Sobek a "Gaze", a passive debuff that applies to Enemy gods in a wide cone before him and increases their cooldowns whenever they use an ability while they have the debuff.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    I had the Idea to give Sobek a "Gaze", a passive debuff that applies to Enemy gods in a wide cone before him and increases their cooldowns whenever they use an ability while they have the debuff.
    I'm confused, WHY would he have Gaze like ability? Does that have to do with his lore? I mean it needs to fit who he is thematically just as much as does build wise. Though the ability isn't too bad of idea...not sure if it's the right one for him.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    There is a lot with the interpretation of sobek that is simply incorrect or completely omitted. the large axe, no crocodile moves/behaviour, nothing that suggests he is a river god, nothing to suggest that his annual flooding brought both bounty and disaster to the Egyptian people. Alas, there is no Egyptian partner or thousands of egyptian players that can lobby hi-rez's interpretation of Sobek. *poke*entire chinese pantheon*poke*

*ahem*

Giving him a 1 second 10hp shield that only activates on auto-attack, and increases by 5hp every 5 levels and 1% of sobek's maximum health. A temporary, buffed version of mark of the vanguard, that only activates on auto-attack. at lvl 20, with a min of 2500hp, the shield would have 55hp and last 1 second. his attack speed breaks the 1 second mark somewhere around lvl 10-12.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by re1wind View Post
    There is a lot with the interpretation of sobek that is simply incorrect or completely omitted. the large axe, no crocodile moves/behaviour, nothing that suggests he is a river god, nothing to suggest that his annual flooding brought both bounty and disaster to the Egyptian people. Alas, there is no Egyptian partner or thousands of egyptian players that can lobby hi-rez's interpretation of Sobek. *poke*entire chinese pantheon*poke*

*ahem*

Giving him a 1 second 10hp shield that only activates on auto-attack, and increases by 5hp every 5 levels and 1% of sobek's maximum health. A temporary, buffed version of mark of the vanguard, that only activates on auto-attack. at lvl 20, with a min of 2500hp, the shield would have 55hp and last 1 second. his attack speed breaks the 1 second mark somewhere around lvl 10-12.
    A lot of gods you can't really work into something that make sense game play wise, plus isn't his ult precisely him being crocodile like? I don't really see Ra being too bird like except for squawking...Plus one again his passive name and ult hint at him being a river god. Also now that I think of it, his two is makes a small watery vortex to push others back. Still, not the point of the thread.

I'm gonna be honest, that sound worse then what he has. 55 hp at level 20 is NOTHING, and how short it last is the very same problem with Sobeks passive, and why it doesn't work. Don't make it linked to basic attack like that, not with how slow his basic attacks are. I'm sorry but this is just AWFUL, I would even say this is worse then his passive now.

I don't be mean at all, it's just a very unappealing idea.