Thread: player interaction improvements

Member Follower
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

player interaction improvements

Player interaction in team God pick is just about the only time you will be competing against your team to snag particular roles, and as such, it can be a vital part of the game. The current setup is great if everyone follows proper etiquette, communicates, and tries to work together, but this is not upheld by anything. If you end up with a horrible team/comp your only choices are to do your own thing and regret most of the next 15-30 minutes, or dodge and find something else to do for 30 minutes...

Personally I think this needs to be nipped in the bud as soon as possible because it is the only thing that personally can get me to rage.

Im hoping to brainstorm ideas to alleviate these issues as best possible. As of now I believe the two major issues are language barriers and a lack of information.

My suggestions would be as follows

-no locking Gods for the first 10-30 seconds, or no locking gods until everyone has at least selected a God
    -Buttons that signal other players of the intended role someone wants to play(In North American servers its tough when people dont read/write english)
    -players have info near their name that shows role preferences in some simple manner. An example would be to have their name, a symbol/short form or full name of role, whatever looks better, and a symbol or emoticon that is easily changed to show their current feelings towards different roles. An example would be
    Solo
    jungle
    mid
    adc
    sup and another happy face cuz i cant put more than 4 in one post....

This shows that I would be willing to fill solo if needed, not a fan of jungling, very pleased to get mid or support, and really want to adc. Something like this would help a tonne, lets people figure out what role needs filling(example if no one likes mid but I felt like adcing I could see that no one wants mid and decide if I would switch to help my team get more comfortable roles)

I also feel with the strict leaver penatlies(30 minute ban, goodwill reduced to 0%, and the possibility of other punishments) we need a little lee way when it comes to dodging. Perhaps 1-3 per month, but something to help you get out of those situations where you know you will not enjoy the game(terribad team comp and you are forced into a role you very much do not like)

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    Great suggestions. I'm a big fan of simplifying the picking process.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I like that idea, a way to signal while people are still selecting would be great. As a new player, playing with other new players, no one knows what they are doing or locks in their favorite character before someone else does since that may be the only god they've played so far.

Some kind of way to say "Hey, I prefer this, but I would be willing to do this" without acrimonious conversations and name calling or rage quitting would be great.
    Thanks and Good Day

Junior Member Cupidhead Smokebreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Would be very nice, if that'd be added to the God pick

Here take +1 rep power

Member Follower
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Im thinking a slider would also work very well