Thread: Boreas, The North Wind (Greek - Warrior)

Junior Member Cupidhead Misspell's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 52

Boreas, The North Wind (Greek - Warrior)

Boreas, Bringer of the Winter

Lore: Boreas is the cold north wind and the bringer of winter. He is a winged older man, but has an incredible physique. A furious man, with a violent temper, he is the ruthless cold wind, who prizes his strenght beyond wits. Once Boreas crushed hundreds of persian ships during a war, protecting the athenians, and for that he is praised. But their sacrifices don't help them, every year Boreas come, starting his display of strenght with cold gusts of wind and ending in terrible ice storms.

Skills
    Passive, Winter Strength
    : If Boreas is around a frost spike he has additional health regeneration.

Skill 1, Converging Winds: Boreas commands the cold winds to a focal point, where it gets so cold that the air freezes, forming a frost spike. The spike lasts 30 seconds, enemies are slowed in that area. Spikes can be destroyed by 2 attacks. Cooldown 10 seconds, small mana cost. Activate his passive when near the spike.
    Gameplay: The duration is long and the mana cost low because he needs the frost spikes to his other skills, plus, it deals no damage.

Skill 2, Wind Aid: Boreas increases his move speed for X seconds. During that time, if he passes near a frost spike, he will pull it from the ground and use it as a weapon for the next X successful attacks or until its duration expires. Those attacks deal extra damage and slow the target. Boreas passive is active while he holds a frost spike.

Skill 3, Frost Shards: Boreas blow wind and ice from his mouth, damaging enemies and leaving a frost on the ground that slows enemies on top of it. If a frost spike is in the cone, it will be ripped from the ground and fly in a line, exploding in the first god it hits, dealing extra damage and slowing him. The spike will fly further then the casting area depending on its position.

Ultimate, Winter is Here: Boreas summons a hail storm in a big area for 4 seconds. Three waves of hail drop from the sky, starting in the back and quickly moving to the front of the area. Each wave deals X damage.
    Gameplay: a sustained damage, since it is not instant, it has the advantage of dealing a significant amount of damage if Boreas’ team can keep the enemies in the area.

Pros:
    - High sustain
    - Excels at long fights and lane controling
    - Reliable slows, easy to land

Cons:
    - No hard CC
    - No jumps

Warrior is the least populated class right now, that is why i thought of this warrior. Any feedback is welcomed!
    Last edited by Misspell; 10-24-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    In my opinion, he should be a Mage, not a warrior, not that it is a bad idea, but the way you made the skills sound, he is a mage.Also, I wouldn't make Boreas, I would make Aeolus, King of all the winds. Then Incorporate The Warm South Winds, The Cold North Winds, and East and West Hurricanes, but sadly, there is Kukulkan now, so it wouldn't be so unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaloores View Post
    In my opinion, he should be a Mage, not a warrior, not that it is a bad idea, but the way you made the skills sound, he is a mage.Also, I wouldn't make Boreas, I would make Aeolus, King of all the winds. Then Incorporate The Warm South Winds, The Cold North Winds, and East and West Hurricanes, but sadly, there is Kukulkan now, so it wouldn't be so unique.
    He sounds like a mage? I didn't mean that, I think i forgot to write down some details. His skills are quiet defensive, 3 slows, he doesn't get to be a guardian because he has no hard crowd control. His basic attacks are melee, and he needs to be in the front line to use his frost shard (breath) and to boost his basic attacks with the frost spike (wind aid), that is why his passive increase his healing. By creating combos he can do decent damage, but he is mostly an annoyance in the battlefield like warriors should be, with only one pure damage skill.
    I didn't even know about Aeolus, but Boreas was more about the ice than the winds (turned out half and half) and i agree with you, it is hard to do Aeolus as a very different character, you can try an assassin to diferentiate him. Again, thanks for the feedback of u both and feel free to reply.

On second thought, his 2 shouldn't remove the spike automatically while it is active, only if you press 2 again. This would avoid accidents in escapes.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 874
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Your welcome for the feedback, i didn't know about the melee attack, but the way you wrote it sounded like a mage, thanks for your reply

There are some good depictions of Boreas, but it is always the scene of him kidnaping his wife, i chose to ignore this part of the lore. The next best one is actually a modern marvel comic one, except for that comic book feel, the rest is there, wings, cold breath, old strong guy and agressive look.

Changed some skill icons and corrected a couple of spelling errors.

New Member Cupidhead zprodigy2009's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    i think a mage good idea, but i think his ultimate should be a big blizzard, like in world of warcraft, the mage had a big pretty blizzard that slowed enemy's.