Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mefitis Goddess of Disease

Senior Member Chosen Boatmurdered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points

Mefitis Goddess of Poison, and Disease

Roman Goddess of Poison, and Disease
    In Roman mythology, Mefitis (or Mephitis) was the personification of the poisonous gases emitted from the ground in swamps and volcanic vapors. Mephitic, derived from Mefitis, is an adjective in the English language meaning "offensive in odor"; "noxious"; and "poisonous."

Essentially a god of disease/plague.

Type Ranged Mage, or possible Assassin if built right

Passive "Poisonous Residue"

Every attack, or spell Mefitis does afflicts the target with "poison residue" which deals 2% of Mefitis's magical power in damage per second for 5 seconds as magic damage. Successive attacks stack with, and refresh the debuff. Stacks up to 10 times. Does a minimum of 1 damage per second per stack.

Example 1: It's the start of the game, and you have 30 magical power. You land an auto attack, and so your target receives Poison Residue, which will now tick for 1 damage per second for 5 seconds. If you hit them again before the timer is expire it now will tick for 2 damage per second, and the timer will be reset back to 5 seconds. The highest it could go in this example would be 10 stacks at 10 damage per second, but that would require 10 auto attacks, or spells cast fairly quickly.

Example 2: It's late game, and you're rocking 600 magic power. You land an auto attack. Your residue now ticks for 12 damage per second. If you manage to get it to 10 stacks...somehow. Then it's ticking for 120 damage.

(Bear in mind this is magical damage, and not true damage so in the 10 stacks example it would be 180 and then minus protections which keeps the ability balanced)

Poison Spray

Mana cost: 70/75/80/85/90

Cooldown: 16 seconds at all levels/Channeled ability, which channels for 3 seconds

Mefitis levels her staff in front of her, and cast a poisonous spray, which can be aimed while channeling (like Anubis ult). This spray does 20/25/30/35/60 +(25% of your MP) per second as magic damage. Applies only 1 stack of Poisonous Residue per second. Damage is increased by 2% per stack of Poisonous Residue on the target. If the target has 10 stacks of Residue then they are rooted for 1 second.

Mefitis is immune to knock ups/knock backs while channeling this ability. Mefitis may move while channeling, but at a -50% MS penalty.

Choking Gas

Mana cost: 50/55/60/65/70

Cooldown: 16/16/15/15/15 seconds

Mefitis raises her hand, and flicks her wrist. A green patch of gas is summoned where the player chooses that does 5/10/15/20/25 (+10% of your magical power) in magic damage per second, and slows enemy gods by 10/15/20/25/30%.
    Last 5 seconds. About the size of Baka's ult.

Only inflicts 1 stack of Poisonous Residue on enemies, but continuously resets the timer until they leave the cloud. If an enemy has 10 stacks of Poisonous Residue then they are silenced for 2 seconds.

At any time Choking Gas is active Mefitis may swap places with the gas cloud. This may only happen once per cast, and cost 40/45/50/55/60/65 mana.

If Mefitis is killed then Choking Gas is immediately cast on the location she died at. This will only happen if she has any points in Choking Gas, and will only cast the current level of her cloud. (So if she dies and has level 2 CG then it'll spawn the level 2 CG)

Poisonous Apparitions

Mana cost: 90/105/120/135/150

Cooldown: 10/12/14/16/20 seconds

Mefitis summons 1/1/2/2/3 Poisonous Apparition(s). The Apparition(s) follow Mefitis for 3/3.5/4/4.5/6 seconds, and attempt to attack the closest enemy nearby for 2/4/6/8/10% (+10) of Mefitis's MP in magic damage.

Apparitions take 1/1/1/1/2 hits to destroy from gods/structures(or 2/3/3/3/4 hits from minions), and when they die they explode covering all nearby enemies in 2 stacks of Poisonous Residue. Explosion range is the same size as Hog. Apparitions will automatically come to Mefitis's aid should she be attacked while they are within range. Any auto attack made against Mefitis while an Apparition is in range is instead redirected to the Apparition. God Ultimates, and spells may not be redirected in this manner. (Neith, Nu Wa ult, or Ra beams. Nothing, but autos, and does not redirect structure, or boss attacks)

For each Apparition destroyed before the timer expires reduces Poisonous Apparition's cooldown by 1.5 seconds.

All Apparitions for auto attack purposes apply a stack of Poisonous Residue when they attack.

Any enemy with 10 stacks of PR that is caught in an Apparitions explosion is instead stunned for 1 second. Apparitions remain until killed, or time expires. If an apparition expires from the time limit it does not explode.

Ultimate- Poisonous Requiem

Mana Cost 125/135/145/155/175

Cooldown 110/105/100/95/90 seconds

Mefitis kneels down on the ground, and is rooted/channeling in place until the wall erupts. As it erupts she brings her hands up in time with the eruption. She is immune to cc/knockback while channeling her ult.

The player is given a circle to place (about the length of 2 Ymir walls , and about half length of a Ymir ult range). Once placed this wall erupts after 2 seconds, and spews poison for 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

Enemies inside the radius take 90/100/110/120/130 (+25%% of your MP) per second. Gives 3 stacks of Poisonous Residue to any enemy that is caught in the poison wall, and 2 stacks per second to any enemy that remains inside the ult. For each stack of poisonous residue healing is reduced by 4% for 5 seconds. Enemies in the circle while Mefitis is channeling to cast are slowed by 30%.

While channeling the ult Mefitis gains "staggered damage. While channeling Mefitis can not be reduced below 1 health, and any fatal damage she takes is staggered. Staggered damage is done after the ult is cast.

The ult does not dissipate on death.

Example: Mefitis channels the ult, and has 1000 health. Apollo shoots her for 1500 damage. In this case she would take the hit, and drop to 1 health. After the ult was cast she would take the rest of the damage killing her.

Note: In rare cases Mefitis may survive the ult if she is healed before the staggered damage is done.

Example: Mefitis is shot by Neith. Neith does 100 damage to Mefitis, and she only has 50 health. Her team kills Neith. Her health is now 1. She is now healed by Hel for 400 putting her health at 401. Her ult finishes casting, and she takes the 50 staggered damage so her health is now 351.

Aphrodite's ult would work provided the timing was excellent as well.

God overall stats, and Baselines

375 Base Health (+75 per level)/ @20 with no items 1875

300 Base Mana (+45 per level)/@ 20 with no items 1200

Speed 360

Range 55

Attacks per Second 1 (+1.5%)

Basic Attacks 35 +1.5 (20% MP)

No attack progression

Protections

Physical 7 (+2.1)

Magical 30 (+0)

Hp5 7 (+.5 per level)

Mp5 4.6 (+.4)

Potential Item Builds

Potential Item Build 1- Da Squishy Mage
    Magi Boots
    Magus Spear
    Divine Ruin
    Rod
    Gem/Thoth
    Voidstone/Warlock Sash

Potential Item Build 2- The Unkillable
    Magi Boots/Reinforced
    Warlock Sash
    E.Staff
    Mystical Mail/Sov
    Voidstone/HW Amulet
    Thoth
    Gem/Divine Ruin

Potential Build 3-Middle of the Road
    Magi Boots
    Gem
    Rod
    Breastplate of Valor
    Voidstone
    Shard/Spear

Potential Item Build 4- I HAVE THE POWER!
    Magi Boots
    Spear
    Rod
    Soul Reaver
    Bancroft
    D.Ruin

Potential item Build 5- Nice life...steal.
    Shoes of Focus
    Spear
    Bancroft
    Polynomicon
    Divine Ruin
    P.Piece
    Rod of T.

Potential Item Build 6 Them Auto's
    D.Grip
    Fatalis
    Boots
    T.Ring
    Rod
    Divine
    Poly

Good Starter Items/Relics to consider
    Girdle
    Aegis
    Creeping Curse
    Beads
    Vamp Shroud

Mefitis is one of the only gods I could see Divine Ruin being core on since her passive would proc it, and it would just be the bees knees.

Voice Lines

Game Start: Ah, another group of "unkillable" gods...let's see how long that lasts.

When buying consumables: Ugh, why do these always taste like grape?
    When buying consumables: Well....I guess I'll take some.

Low Health: Ok that could have gone better
    Low Health: All according to plan.
    Low Health: Well this stinks!

Ward Placement: Why do I keep finding these in my room?
    Ward Placement: Ah, ha now I can see them before I get killed. Very useful.

Gold Fury/Fire Giant Kill: Not immune to poison I see.

When buying offensive items: Double double, Poison EVERYTHING! I'm...not good at rhyming.
    When buying offensive items: When in doubt murder harder!
    When buying offensive items: None may stand against my poison now!

When buying defensive items: Well...I do like living.
    When buying defensive items: I hope this works better than it looks.

Joke: Listen! Do you smell that?
    Joke: It's impolite to tell a lady she smells!
    Joke: It wasn't me. No, seriously it wasn't this time.
    Joke: I don't care for the cold. I'm not dressed for it.
    Joke: Vulcan is a nice enough roommate, but he's always so loud.

Taunt: Enough poison can kill anything...even gods!
    Taunt: If only stupidity could help fight poison then you'd probably be immune!
    Taunt: Let your guard down for even an instant, and it's all over!

Death Animation: Mefitis's cloak spins, and wraps around her, as she sinks into the ground, and a cloud of gas is all the remains. At the same time her staff has been thrown skyward, and once she's completely in the ground it strikes the center of the gas patch.

Directed Taunts:
    Vulcan: All that time spent making worthless toys.

Anubis: No, no, no that's not how you plague anything. Take notes from a real plague master darling.

Bastet: Ugh, sorry dear, but I'm allergic.

Agni: Two heads, and you still didn't notice until it was too late? How sad for you.

Xbalanque: Oh maybe we can get together, and you can tell me all about your incredible impressive...poisons. That's what I was going to say. You can't prove anything.

The Rat: IT'S SO CUTE! Can I keep it? Please?

Fenrir: Put your tongue back in your mouth, and stop drooling!

Awilix: I almost felt bad about that.

Serqet: Not a bad bit of poison...for an amateur.

Neith: She's responsible for creating the universe? SHE CAN'T EVEN WEAVE PANTS LET ALONE THE UNIVERSE!

Alt skins:
    The Plague Doctor

During the Black Death seeing a Plague Doctor meant that death was nearby. For most of the world this costume is the face of true horror. Often associated with crows.

Animation changes-

Her Spray is cast through the cane rather than staff
    Her cloud is now a thrown flask that shatters, and releases the poisonous mist
    The Apparitions now summon copies of the plague doctor but are a different color.
    On death a flask is thrown at her feet, and she erupts into a flock of crows after arching her back, and screaming for a second.

Skin specific lines:

Introduction: We have to hurry before the plague arrives!
    Introduction: There's no time to lose!

Consumables: Are you sure this is safe to drink?
    Consumables: Not enough of a kick for me.

Ward Placement: We must keep watch for new cases at all times.
    War Placement: Curious device, but effective.

Fire giant/GF kill: This strain must be even more potent than I ever imagined!

When buying offensive items: Best to be prepared.
    When buying offensive items: We must be ready to cleanse the infected.

Defensive Items: Suit modifications? Excellent.
    Defensive Items: Must take care to make sure the suit isn't damaged.

Taunt: I've seen horrors you wouldn't believe, and I've survived. Let me show you them.
    Taunt: Tut, tut it looks like Plague!

Joke: You know this would be a great suit if only I could see where I"m going.
    Joke: Why does everyone keep asking me to take the suit off? I'm wearing it for a reason!
    Joke: HMRMERGF! *continued mumbling that can't be made out

Death Line: But who will save you now?
    Death Line: What a cruel, cruel copyrighted phrase!

Skin Specific Taunts:

Agni: Ugh, I can still smell it even through the suit!

Bacchus: Yeah, that's how I get through the day too.

Bakasura: Must be a new mutation!

Murderer Chaac: I WASN'T TOLD I'D HAVE COMPETITION IN THIS AREA!

Cupid: Always sad to see the young ones go.

Nurse Neith: JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DEGREE DOESN'T MAKE YOU BETTER THAN ME!

Odin: Hey, aren't those my crows? GIVE THEM BACK!

Scylla: I'm...going to just pretend I didn't see that.

Xbalanque: Yes, you're definitely sick, and need help. Let's start by getting you out of those sweaty clothes!

The Rat: Not even animals are immune!

AP: PLAYING WITH CORPSES IS NOT ADVISED!

Sol: NOT EVEN HEAT CAN BURN AWAY THE INFECTION!

Femme Fatale

is a stock character of a mysterious and seductive woman whose charms ensnare her lovers, often leading them into compromising, dangerous, and deadly situations. She is an archetype of literature and art.

Animation differences.
    Poison Spray is a machine gun she fires as she channels.
    Apparitions are instead random mooks she summons to do her bidding.
    Her ult is a large block of explosives (TNT, and such)
    CG is a smoke bomb.

Her death animation is her screaming out "I'LL BE BACK!", or "I WON'T FORGET THIS!" while she throws down a smoke bomb, and vanishes.

Skin Voice Lines:

Introduction: Well, well which of these big, strong gods can help little old me?
    Introduction: Looks like another group of gods ripe for the taking.

When buying consumables: Just think of all the fun things we can add to this.
    When buying consumables: Not quite my normal pick me up, but good never the less.

Ward Placement: You've got to keep your eyes on the prize, when they're not on me at any rate.
    Ward Placement: If you're gonna win the game you need to know what's coming.

Fire Giant/Gold Fury Kill: Guess they couldn't handle the goods.
    Tower Kill: Nothing gets in the way of what I want. Nothing.

When buying Offensive Items: Easily concealed, and very deadly. You know how to treat a girl.
    When buying Offensive Items: They'll never see it coming.

When buying Defensive items: Just in case.
    When buying Defensive items: Wouldn't want little old me to get hurt would we?

Taunt: You'll never see the end coming.
    Taunt: You wouldn't hurt such a weak defenseless damsel would you? Don't worry I'll just hurt you instead!

Joke: Someday I'll have to stop lying to people...wait I just did it again.
    Joke: I just don't feel right killing such innocent gods...but I'll get over it.

Death Line: I'LL BE BACK!
    Death Line: I WON'T FORGET THIS!

Skin Specific Taunts:

Loki: I admire your work, but there's only room for one of us here.

XB: Tall, dark, and handsome just how I like them.

Scylla: We'll bury it deep...and then use explosives. It's the only way to be sure.

Neith: I don't know how you think you can get away with wearing less clothing then me.

Artemis: You'll never get a man with that frown on your face dear.

Skadi: No, no no you'll never catch their attention with that frigid reception.

Athena: Cheer up. Not everyone can be as stunning as I am.

Hercules: Hellooo easily manipulated, but very attractive man.

Thoughts?

Possible Considerations
    ----------------------------
    What would you think of the ult instead of being a placeable thing it was instead centered around Mefitis herself? She would still have a channel (probably of 1.5 seconds instead of 2), and the staggered damage until it was cast, but it would basically radiate the poison outward from where she stands.

This would allow her to potentially initiate with Blink, and then slow into an ult. The ult would again not dissipate upon death as it is.
    Last edited by Boatmurdered; 10-10-2016 at 03:19 AM.

Junior Member Cupidhead SHYDROP's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Seems like a good idea!

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I remember this concept from aaaaggggeeeesssss ago.

Still a good one!
    If you like fire, chains, and a tanky character you should read:
    Prometheus, Protector of Mankind Concept

Or maybe you like a stealthy burst mage? Try out:
    Nyx, Mistress of Night Concept

Achievements:
    Thanks good to hear!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AmaliaNya's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Fine concept i´d say but how long does the ultimate need to activate couldnt get it out from the text or just overread it ^^
    Nya :3

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaliaNya View Post
    Fine concept i´d say but how long does the ultimate need to activate couldnt get it out from the text or just overread it ^^
    Mefitis would, once you place the skill kneel onto the ground, and raise her hands up in time with the explosion which is currently set at 1-2 seconds depending on future testing, which will probably never happen....but I can dream.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    I remember this concept from aaaaggggeeeesssss ago.

Still a good one!
    Always nice to hear.
    I made this god idea tell me how bad it is, yo!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ess-of-Disease

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNinjaBurger

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SHYDROP View Post
    Seems like a good idea!
    Thanks! Always good to hear!

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough

Achievements:
    Potential poison interaction changes. Do you think these new abilities look good, or are they too much with the changes. Although keep in mind damage values, and slows have been tweaked to make them more balanced.

New proposed Skills with Poison Interaction
    Poison Spray

Mana cost: 75/85/95/105/125

Cooldown: 16 seconds at all levels/Channeled ability, which channels for 3 seconds

Mefitis levels her staff in front of her, and cast a poisonous spray, which can be aimed while channeling (like Anubis ult). This spray does 20/25/30/35/60 +(25% of your MP) per second as magic damage. Applies only 1 stack of Poisonous Residue per second. Damage is increased by 2% per stack of Poisonous Residue on the target. If the target has 10 stacks of Residue then they are root for 1 second.

Choking Gas

Mana cost: 80/90/100/110/125

Cooldown: 10/12/14/16/16 seconds

Mefitis raises her hand, and flicks her wrist. A green patch of gas is summoned where the player chooses that does 5/10/15/20/25 (+10% of your magical power) in magic damage per second, and slows enemy gods by 10/15/20/25/30%. Slow increases by 2% per stack of Poisonous Residue. If the enemy has 10 stacks then they are also silenced for 3 seconds.
    Last 5 seconds. About the size of Baka's ult.

Only inflicts 1 stack of Poisonous Residue on enemies, but continuously resets the timer until they leave the cloud.

If Mefitis is killed then Choking Gas is immediately cast on the location she died at. This will only happen if she has any points in Choking Gas, and will only cast the current level of her cloud. (So if she dies and has level 2 CG then it'll spawn the level 2 CG)

Baleful Cloak

Mana cost: 100/110/120/130/140

Cooldown: 10/12/14/16/20 seconds

Mefitis gains a green haze for the spells duration. Animation would just be a green mist settling on the hero.

While this spell is active Mefitis gains a 5/10/15/20/25% bonus to both magical, and physical defense. In addition enemies who strike you take 5/10/15/20/25 (+25% of your MP) in magic damage. If you are the target of a spell CC you negate the first one cast on you while BC is up.
    Last 2/3/4/5/6 seconds.

Example 1: Artemis is chasing Mefitis (both level 20), who has 100 PP atm. Mefitis cast Baleful Cloak, and now has 125 PP. Artemis strikes Mefitis 3 times while the cloak is up, and is afflicted with 3 stacks of Poisonous Residue, and the damage from the rest of the ability.

Example 2: Ymir walls, and Mefitis cast BC. Ymir cast freeze as Baka leaps in to attack. Ymir's freeze is absorbed by BC, but Baka can ult, and she'll still be slowed.

Ultimate- Poisonous Requiem

Mana Cost 125/135/145/155/175

Cooldown 110/105/100/95/90 seconds

Mefitis kneels down on the ground, and is rooted/channeling in place until the wall erupts. As it erupts she brings her hands up in time with the eruption. She is immune to cc/knockback while channeling her ult.

The player is given a horizontal wall to place (about the size of 1.5-2 Ymir walls but horizontal rather than vertical). Once placed this wall erupts after 2 seconds, and spews poison for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds.

Enemies inside the radius take 90/100/110/120/130 (+25%% of your MP) per second. Gives 3 stacks of Poisonous Residue to any enemy that is caught in the poison wall, and 2 stacks per second to any enemy that remains inside the ult. While inside the ult enemy gods are slowed by 25%, and remain slowed for 3 seconds after leaving the ult. For each stack of poisonous residue the slow is increased by 3%. If an enemy has ten stacks they are stunned for 2 seconds.
    Last edited by Boatmurdered; 04-15-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by XeIIos View Post
    I like her overall, but her passive needs a nerf, not even arachne can do that much, the damage should take a tone down, and you have to choose, either it be Basic Attacks, or Spells, can't be both. And enemies getting poisoned for auto attacker her, just destroys Neman lion.
    Changes were made due to a mistake in my part on copy pasting. The PR stack was only meant to be applied when attacking her if she had BC active. Moved, and removed from passive.

So do you think then instead of 5% you'd prefer the 3% which is 270 damage at ten stacks over 5 seconds, that can be reduced by Magic Armor?

Also poison interactions are now on post 9. Let me know how that works.

Ult has been slightly nerfed (-1 second in duration at every level but the first, no vision blurring, and no healing reduction)in preparation for adding poison interaction changes. Other skills have also been slightly adjusted in preparation for adding poison residue interactions.