Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Janus is way too good

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Buttobiboop's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 85

Janus is way too good

I hope next patchnotes have some Janus damage nerfs in them since Janus is ridiculous. Janus already has decent CC, amazing rotation and good escapes, but Janus has tons of damage to back that up. Mainly from his Unstable Vortex. I'm surprised about the lack of complaints about him since he is incredibly powerful. Ever noticed how in every match Janus was in he has about 10k playerdamage more than the rest of his team?

Look I might be a beginner in Smite since I haven't played that much ye,t but anybody with a bit of sense can see that Janus his damage is kinda high.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I agree. His rotating ability is insane. Every time his ult is up he has near athena or apollo level rotate ability. He can also use it to save an ally or transport his entire team cross map.

Playing vs janus in lane is annoying cause there is no way to rotate with him.

And that is in addition to his already high escapability. Being tower dived? Portal on the ground, free aegis. Being chased in jungle? Portal a wall and scott free.

I think most people dont complain about him cause he is tricky to play, thus a lot of people dont play him. Also late game he just becomes another generic burst mage in a team fight.

But he is easily top 4 OP gods imo. Right behind hercules, mercury and he bo.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenValkyr View Post
    I think most people dont complain about him cause he is tricky to play, thus a lot of people dont play him.
    This. Every so often you will come up against a great Janus who will just spank you, and then you won’t see another for 20 games so you don’t really care.
    Also about being able to move your whole team across the map, well yeah, but frankly the teams I get lumped with 90% of the time cannot agree to stop calling each other names let alone organise a surprise raid on the enemy titian.

But he is easily top 4 OP gods imo. Right behind hercules, mercury and he bo.
    He Bo. Got the He Bro skin from a chest last night, so decided to try him out. The first 2 games I did Ok with him then good, by the 3rd I went 15/3 and carried the team, he is so easy to play, and so damn powerful. Strange that anyone can rock with him with so little time investment.

Senior Member Honoured AttackDamageCry's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Mercury isn't OP, Golden Bow is OP on Mercury.

Janus is OP, it's not because of his damage, it's because of his design. His ability to rotate is unparalleled. His damage is actually incredibly hard to confirm. There are a number of ways to dodge his 2 and his portal.
    The pros miss as many AA's as I do. I'm not a pro. Lyfe unfair.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ïngenious View Post
    Mercury isn't OP, Golden Bow is OP on Mercury.

Janus is OP, it's not because of his damage, it's because of his design. His ability to rotate is unparalleled. His damage is actually incredibly hard to confirm. There are a number of ways to dodge his 2 and his portal.
    Its not just golden bow though. Merc is op by design too. 3 out of 4 of mercs abilities are gap closers/escape. His 3 is a cc throw back, and can double for a dash. His ult is a AoE CC thay can also double double as a dash. His 2 increases his movent speed.

Oh and the ability that isnt a gap closer? An AoE basic attack the size of a minion wave.

Add to that his passive gives him a percentage of his movement speed as damage, he can stack movement speed he doesnt really need and still do damage. He also gets damage boosts from speed buff and sprint active.

Merc is one of thr hardest gods to flee from and also hardest to catch. The only good thing is that he is squishy, and as such if you do catch him, he dies easy.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Yet another post about "dis gawd is op". No he's not op he just rotates extremely well. Also to add to the merc complaints, he is not op at all. You said exactly why. He is squishy. Very very squishy. If he didn't have his gap closers and escapes he'd be near useless. Now please stop complaining and crying nerf. It's getting old now. The first 500 posts about "dis gawd is op" was fine but we don't need more

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    he is one of the most balanced mages.
    learn to dodge.
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez

Senior Member Honoured AttackDamageCry's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Its not just golden bow though. Merc is op by design too. 3 out of 4 of mercs abilities are gap closers/escape. His 3 is a cc throw back, and can double for a dash. His ult is a AoE CC thay can also double double as a dash. His 2 increases his movent speed.

Oh and the ability that isnt a gap closer? An AoE basic attack the size of a minion wave.

Add to that his passive gives him a percentage of his movement speed as damage, he can stack movement speed he doesnt really need and still do damage. He also gets damage boosts from speed buff and sprint active.

Merc is one of thr hardest gods to flee from and also hardest to catch. The only good thing is that he is squishy, and as such if you do catch him, he dies easy.
    Mercury's 2 increases his attack speed not his movement speed which is why you never build attack speed on Mercury.

Serqet's mobility is greater than Mercury's.

Serqet has more CC than Mercury.

Serqet deals true damage.

Serqet has stealth.

But yeah, Merc is OP! lol.
    The pros miss as many AA's as I do. I'm not a pro. Lyfe unfair.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Janus is in a good place at the moment,he has to use his main form of escape in his attack combo so if you dodge it you most likely will dodge the whole combo.....and mr.J is out of an escape.

And peeps are just angry at Mercury because they don't like to get fisted to death.

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ïngenious View Post
    Mercury's 2 increases his attack speed not his movement speed which is why you never build attack speed on Mercury.

Serqet's mobility is greater than Mercury's

Serqet has more CC than Mercury.

Serqet deals true damage.

Serqet has stealth.

But yeah, Merc is OP! lol.
    His 2 passively gives him more MS.

Serqet also squishes easier than Mercury. Mercury's skills also have a ton of CC and AoE, unlike Serqet.

Serqet's CC is extremely close range to the point where an enemy is also in retaliation range. It's also difficult to land. If she misses, she either is left with a sliver of health or dies.

Serqet's true damage is on a 90 second cooldown needing a very close range in order to activate it.

Serqet's stealth immobilizes her.

Merc is OP! lol.
    Last edited by SleepyStorm; 09-04-2014 at 01:55 PM.