Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: What the HECK is ks?

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    The best thing to play as NuWa? Get kills in other lanes.
    I love to see people raging without sense
    -o-

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bluechacho's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Here's the thing about kill steals/secures: there is most certainly a time and place to secure a kill. However, there is a clear distinction between a steal and a secure:

Apollo dashes away but Kumbha nails him with an epic minion toss? Consider that kill SECURED.

You're bashing a stunned Zeus' face in when suddenly, He Bo water spout? Too bad, that kill was STOLEN.

People love confusing the two, though.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechacho View Post
    You're bashing a stunned Zeus' face in when suddenly, He Bo water spout? Too bad, that kill was STOLEN.

Even if that is true (which it is not) SO WHAT?

Are you more interested in your K/D ratio or winning a game?

Do you want to be in a team that focusing on bagging as many kills and securing as many objectives as possible, or would you rather be on a team that hesitates before doing anything worried about taking your precious kill away from you. Because i want o play on teams of the former and against teams of the latter.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofBriton View Post
    Even if that is true (which it is not) SO WHAT?

Are you more interested in your K/D ratio or winning a game?

Do you want to be in a team that focusing on bagging as many kills and securing as many objectives as possible, or would you rather be on a team that hesitates before doing anything worried about taking your precious kill away from you. Because i want o play on teams of the former and against teams of the latter.
    Well considering how kills does help you win I think they're important bud.. and it is true. I don't see what's so difficult to understand unless you're someone who frequently does the second option. You also get bragging rights and mvps are normally looked at as people with the most damage, points, kills, assists, ect on a team. It may not matter to YOU but that's no excuse to kill steal from someone. I've seen people ruin a penta kill for my buddy many times because they just wanted to screw him up. They've even said thats why.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechacho View Post
    Here's the thing about kill steals/secures: there is most certainly a time and place to secure a kill. However, there is a clear distinction between a steal and a secure:

Apollo dashes away but Kumbha nails him with an epic minion toss? Consider that kill SECURED.

People love confusing the two, though.
    Even in the latter case i still would call it secure.

Because lets say the hebo hesitates. While you are beating on zeus an enemy merc ults in and then throwd you away. The zeus pops sprint or combat blink and he bo misses his abilitiesr. Bam zeus got away.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenValkyr View Post
    Even in the latter case i still would call it secure.

Because lets say the hebo hesitates. While you are beating on zeus an enemy merc ults in and then throwd you away. The zeus pops sprint or combat blink and he bo misses his abilitiesr. Bam zeus got away.
    but in that scenario it did not happen that way and 95% of the time does not happen that way. If you're wailing on someone it normally ends with them dying. Only on rare occasions are people actually saved from being wailed on. It's a kill steal. Not hard to understand..

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    When I can, I kill: too much game lost cause I left a kill for the one that "initiate" the fight and could not kill the enemy (usually for out of mana).
    Guys: in Smite kills doesn't grant so much gold/xp so killing an enemy or only be an assistant is the same: the important thing is that the enemy lose exp/gold during his death-time.

As a jungler, as example, I can be 8-0-0 in the first 10 minutes but have LESS gold than the mid laner (that is 0-0-0): gold is did by killing camps and farming lanes.
    -o-