Thread: Support and Jungle tips

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points

Support and Jungle tips

I need to improve in those two roles any help being it general tips, best gods, strategies etc is appreciated. I searched around a bit but either searching from phone isnt good or people dont ask that often.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldX View Post
    I need to improve in those two roles any help being it general tips, best gods, strategies etc is appreciated. I searched around a bit but either searching from phone isnt good or people dont ask that often.
    I'm not to good at jungling, but for support, I would read this as an early game support guide.

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-Support-Guide

Not really so much as a guide, but an explanation IMO of why rotating is important on support.

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...g-too-much-%29

Basically IMO Jungling and Support are very similar in idea. You have certain rotations for camps you need to follow, and you are there to help secure kills. I just find jungle has more to balance, more rotations, and 3 lanes they have to babysit/gank.
    Last edited by FrozenValkyr; 08-25-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    Okay thanks for the links ill check them out
    Edit: Didnt even know there was a gameplay advice section o.o
    Last edited by DonaldX; 08-25-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 118
    As far as jungling, there are two types. I can't offer much, but I'll offer what I can.
    1) The aggressive jungler. You clear your respective buff/mid camp, the blue buff for your solo, and be assertive early with an invade on enemy blue camp, early rotation into enemy jungle to kill their back harpies, or just be aggressive in lane. Once level 3, you look for a gank on mid, or even leave solo early to punish an unexpecting midlane. You're constantly looking and punishing over extension and either find a lot of kills or waste a lot of time. Your objective is to snowball a lane into advantage, which can be done by forcing backs or murdering, granting yourself potential to carry or feeding your respective ganked lane. You will spend less time in the jungle than the other type of jungler and more time in lane, siphoning some farm from lanes as you rotate around. This isn't to say you won't be clearing your jungle, but it will be done so at less frequency and consistency than the other type:
    2) The farming type. They will stick with the tried and proven, staying in solo until Level 3 and then going for their solo lane side's back harpies. They will then go clear the other harpies, back when needed, then look for a gank. Depending on the God, the ganks may not start until Level 5 with an ultimate, so they will often farm until then, and then assume a somewhat aggressive approach. One of the best examples of a farming jungler is Freya, who is expected to arrive into the late game and shred. You won't have as much of an effect early game, but late game you won't be behind. This is the safer of the two jungler types as it is less forgiving. You will be trying to clear camps as fast as possible and assist a lane and siphon when not clearing.

Hopefully this helps a little.
    Instagib or be instagibbed
    #Smite, Battleground of the Gods

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldX View Post
    Edit: Didnt even know there was a gameplay advice section o.o
    It doesnt receive much traffic. If you want advice in a timely fashion, you are better off putting it in the general discussion section. Lol.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Immiker View Post
    As far as jungling, there are two types. I can't offer much, but I'll offer what I can.
    1) The aggressive jungler. You clear your respective buff/mid camp, the blue buff for your solo, and be assertive early with an invade on enemy blue camp, early rotation into enemy jungle to kill their back harpies, or just be aggressive in lane. Once level 3, you look for a gank on mid, or even leave solo early to punish an unexpecting midlane. You're constantly looking and punishing over extension and either find a lot of kills or waste a lot of time. Your objective is to snowball a lane into advantage, which can be done by forcing backs or murdering, granting yourself potential to carry or feeding your respective ganked lane. You will spend less time in the jungle than the other type of jungler and more time in lane, siphoning some farm from lanes as you rotate around. This isn't to say you won't be clearing your jungle, but it will be done so at less frequency and consistency than the other type:
    2) The farming type. They will stick with the tried and proven, staying in solo until Level 3 and then going for their solo lane side's back harpies. They will then go clear the other harpies, back when needed, then look for a gank. Depending on the God, the ganks may not start until Level 5 with an ultimate, so they will often farm until then, and then assume a somewhat aggressive approach. One of the best examples of a farming jungler is Freya, who is expected to arrive into the late game and shred. You won't have as much of an effect early game, but late game you won't be behind. This is the safer of the two jungler types as it is less forgiving. You will be trying to clear camps as fast as possible and assist a lane and siphon when not clearing.

Hopefully this helps a little.
    Thanks for the tips. It really helped because i realised what i was doing wrong. I always thought i only stayed in the jungle and farmed camps not lane minions. Because of that the enemy jungler always outleveled me. Ill give it a shot tomorrow, once again thanks.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Wait, there is more. You can't play Agressive jungler(AJ) if the enemy is jungler is Thanatos/Baster and you are neme/loki/merc. The assassins with ridiculous damage in early game must play AJ, otherwise they will only lose ground. If you try to steal the camps from thanatos he will leave you with 20% hp and then ultimate you. Same with bastet. Her cats will make short work of you.

If you play weak early junglers(freya, neme, merc, kali), you should only farm, and let ganking a second priority. When I play those, when I die to 2 because no one help me I forget ganking and I go to farm and split-push.

As an early weak jungler, you don't have what to do in team-fights, so if they fight in right lane, go and push left lane. With your AA it shall be easy to take the tower down in 20 seconds.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    As a jungler the first thing to remember is: FARM.
    4 kills doesn't grant so much gold as a good farming (even in lane in some cases).

The only good thing in early kills is that the enemy god miss alot of exp/gold but I think that is better to farm, buy at least 1 or 2 items and then help laner destroying the towers. Obviously you've to understand when you CAN farm and posticipate ganks and when you have to gank due to a bad laning-match.

As support: help ADC and roam in mid lane. If your ADC blame you cause you roam: it's a BAD ADC.
    ADC has to farm as much as possible and get kills when here's high chances to do it: if you're a support, you're roaming and your ADC push his lane playing under the enemy tower is not your fault :P
    -o-

Achievements:
    Here is a video guide for some high level jungling.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOpA6a_k1E
    Most of it wont be applicable, due to the average lack of communcation in lower elo games. But its quite informative.

Notice that how much he stressed knowing timings of camps. And how much he farmed.

What I personally have a hard time with is knowing the timers. More often then not it feels like I am playing wack a mole lol.
    Last edited by FrozenValkyr; 08-26-2014 at 09:22 PM.