Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [IDEAS] Weather System, Time cycle and More.

Junior Member Cupidhead Salikrav's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 338

[IDEAS] Weather System, Time cycle and More.

There have been couple thing going on with my friends and me that we would love to see in, maybe, 1 of the updates this or next year.

Weather System
    Giving no debuffs or anykinda pros/cons in the battleground, just an visual effects. Rain, snow, falling leaves, sounds of the wind, storming and so on.

Time Cycle
    Like in Dota, LoL and almost every other moba game, Daytime gives more visibility but nighttime reduces some. Also Noon and Morning suns could be awesome, working with weather system too ofc.

Different Jungle Camps
    Different Jungle Camps according to the time and weather. Some humorous differences with the weather and the camps.

Different Maps
    Different map visuals. Not only forest but like Underground, heaven, jungle, sea, beach, apocalypse, dreamworld and such and such. Maps are totaly same but just looks different and is randomed when in god selection screen. Also you can vote your fav map in the selection screen with your enemy team. Sound cool?

Well theres everything im arsed to tell at this moment. Got literally thousands of more ideas but this is ok for now. What do you think guys? Should they add 1 of these or all and just leave those new, upcoming gods for couple months and work on something different?
    "IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE"
    -Albert Einstein

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 610
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Well.

1, no. Most likely, this won't affect people on lower graphic settings. This, however, is imbalanced because if it's raining, then the eyesight of the higher-graphics players is automatically reduced while the lower-graphic players don't have to deal with it at all.

2, no. Unnecessary programming. Also, vision reducing is unnecessary for good gameplay because this game is 3rd person, not isometric view.

3, no. We're not incorporating time or weather, so this too is unnecessary.

4, we already have them! Joust, Assault, Siege, Domination, Arena. No more are needed.
    "The human tongue is more poisonous than the bee's sting."
    --Vietnamese proverb.

God concepts!

Here's the truth about supports: The ADC's success is 100% reliant on the success of the support. Why? Because the ADC early game is terrible. If the support can carry the ADC through the early game, then the ADC can pick it up later.

Christianity will never be in SMITE. That's a good thing. Deal wit it, bro.

Reserved for more gibberish.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    I think that 1 and 2 would be very cool to add but it would be unnecessary and would take a very long time for them to do this. Currently the maps are fine as is and don't need any extra work. As much as I think this would be cool there are many other things that HiRez needs to focus on besides "flair"

Well.

1. Ever heard of "Options"?

2. If you love programming and love making games its not unnecessary.

3.If you love programming and love making games its not unnecessary.

4. You didnt get my point.
    -Albert Einstein

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by Salikrav View Post
    Well.

Maybe you should've read my post before replying. I will respond with one simple answer. There are many things in this game that HiRez needs to work on that do not include map changes. All of the current maps are fine with their design, and do not need flair. This could add more problems than solutions. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    Maybe you should've read my post before replying. I will respond with one simple answer. There are many things in this game that HiRez needs to work on that do not include map changes. All of the current maps are fine with their design, and do not need flair. This could add more problems than solutions. Thank you.
    Sry didnt reply to you :P
    The problem whit HiRez is, that they are just making minor balance fixes and new gods every week. Instead of that, they should focus on Bigger balance fixes, bug fixes, Dsync problems and just some HD texturing. Almost every god needs an rework with their Classic skins. You can see from Nu Wa, Zeus and Serqet that they srsly put some work into their texture. But older gods like Loki, Hel, Ymir, Thor, Poseidon and so many others needs complete HD workout. And its not because my "settings" are low, im playing on Maximum settings all and they still look totally cr4p.
    And with Conquest map, Rework as well. Blue team has advantage, 80% of the games leads to surrender because of the size of that map. And my team is just totally bored with this old Conquest map texture. They are focusing too much on the gods to notice any bugs, graphical issues, balances and their fan opinions. And that makes me pissed of. I dont want this studio to be another Riot Games or Valve. Or with other games, Blizzard etc. If they continue this game, people are gonna stop playing it.
    My opinion, dont get mad.
    -Albert Einstein

Senior Member Honoured SinDreadElla's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    1. I like your idea. It should be implemented as an option which can be toggled on or off. Those who like the aesthetics can have these little checkboxes which allows them to choose which weathers they want to see.

Example:
    o Snow
    o Rain
    o Falling leaves
    o Haze
    o All random

But it can be toggled on or off anytime before a match begins. Maybe you should edit your first post to state this as well since some people will automatically assume it's a fixed thing and therefore disagree with you.

2. This is the part where it affects the gameplay. Personally I don't mind since I liked that in Dota2 as well and some hero's mechanics even revolves around it. I'd say Smite can do that as well and I'd like it if they do it since it brings more flair to the game. However since my voice doesn't represent the rest of the community, I'll be fine with it as well if they disagree on this.

3. Again it's the aesthetics. I'd personally like to see extra animations like harpies sheltering from the rain with their wings, cyclops rubbing their eyes during the haze or Fire Giant grumbling in the snow.
    And since this doesn't affect the gameplay, it's a complete yes from me.

4. More flair, yes but this could technically affect the gameplay a bit.
    Visual wise.
    As strange as this may sound, there are definitely times where the change of visuals CAN affect the gameplay. As much as people hate to admit it there are some skins which give a very tiny advantage in LoL just becaue of their visuals. But those only happen when you meet those champs and more specifically only with those skins.

Now imagine this on a larger scale, and in this case the entire map. Let's say you have an apocalyptic volcanic wasteland for the conquest map with lava (orange) all around.
    Suddenly it gives Thanatos's Halloween skin a slight advantage because he is full orange as well. And unlike the weather which can be turned on or off, if this applies on a vote system, it could REALLY affect your gameplay. Especially when you don't like a particular type of the map.

So again, I don't mind this idea. I like it, but I really wouldn't be bothered if it's not in the game either.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Salikrav View Post
    Well.

1: So you're forcing people to play on lower graphics just for balance? And if that's happening, then why implement it at all??

2: There's a difference between "unnecessary" and "desired". Unnecessary means that something isn't needed. Desired means that something is wanted. Also, it's a waste of time to program. You didn't respond to my "vision reducing is bad here" argument.

3: There's a difference between "unnecessary" and "desired". Unnecessary means that something isn't needed. Desired means that something is wanted. Also, you didn't respond to my "we're not implementing the others so why this" argument.

4: So you didn't explain your point because...?
    --Vietnamese proverb.

God concepts!

Here's the truth about supports: The ADC's success is 100% reliant on the success of the support. Why? Because the ADC early game is terrible. If the support can carry the ADC through the early game, then the ADC can pick it up later.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Great idea, no one needs to set on low graphics, smite has 2006 years old engine and hasn't high system requirements (if u don't have 7-8 years old pc or office notebook etc) and now released ps4 what requires upgrade pc anyway cuz many of newest games require 4gb vram already or spikes/freezes all the time or minimum settings but it's not main point, its really awesome, beautiful, it's very variety the game, all people tired of the eternal monotonous dust 2 map for example do u remember dota 1 (and now dota 2 did it) map where u can change it all, rain, snow, day, night it's like in ur real life on the streets u see only the weather changes and wait it, winter snow, summer clear weather, night atmosphere etc and actually we have snow and only night on assault mode and no one disappointed but only assault and only nights in assault and arena, must be time circle and weather changes (in assault can be only snow and moonbeam weather for example but day night etc) point of that is very strong variety the game, environment always has been one of the main thing to variety, it's just idea how called thread, not bug reports or important things etc
    Last edited by neskvik90; 09-05-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by neskvik90 View Post
    no one needs to set on low graphics,
    I do.

/10char
    Last edited by Palindroam; 09-05-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    --Vietnamese proverb.

God concepts!