Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Arachne Feedback Thread

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 619
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    you can use drain life to void baka ult. you will not get dmg.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Arachne is in a bad spot right now. Before she was good earlygame, now she is bad at all stages of the game. I suggested this on reddit (50 upvotes):

• Passive buff. 5+20% sounds good.
    • Attack progression. something like 1/0.5/0.5 would help her apply poison faster.
    • Web rework:

1. Paintable like amc honey
      2. Slows enemies, speeds up arachne and her spiderlings
      3. If an enemy touches the web, all nearby spidereggs are triggered, and they spawn 3 spiderling.
      4. Scaling: 20/25/30/35/40% slow, 4/8/12/16/20% speed buff, 18/16/14/12/10s cooldown, Web duration is 5s.

• Eggs buff:

• Arachne lays spider eggs. Enemies getting too close to the eggs cause them to hatch 2 spiders that attack the nearby enemy, slowing them and doing damage every second. Damaging the eggs causes 1 spider to hatch instead of 2. If an enemy touches arachne's web, All nearby eggs hatch and spawn 3 spiders.
      • Damage per Attack:20/30/40/50/60 (+17% of your physical power) -> 20% scaling
      • No info -> Broodling health: 60/95/130/165/200 (+10% of arachne's max health)
      • Slow:20%
      • Broodling Lifetime: 10s
      • Max Deployed:1/2/3/4/5
      • Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11s -> 14/13/12/11/10s
    • Remove the time scaling of his silence (2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3s -> 3s). Add a cooldown scaling (15s -> 16/15/14/13/12s).

Now, let me explain these changes.

1. poison needs a buff, becouse it is currently weak on all levels of the game, It should be the corner stone of arachne's kit!
    2. Attack progression to better make her kit focused around the poison. Also, this way she could better combo ult-aa,aa,aa-drain life, as it would leave less room for the enemy god to escape.
    3. Web rework is needed. arachne's web is currently the worst ability in the game. (I am serious here!)
    4. The broodlings deserve a 20% scaling, and the old 17% looks ugly, anyways. The other change would be giving them scaling hp. This would be mostly to not make them useless late game. And they would not be that tanky (about 400 health when arachne and broodlings are max level.)
    5. Her poison lasts 3 seconds. drain life would last 3 seconds. This is why they are such a great combination. The duration nerf was totally unnecessary in the first place.

These changes would leave arachne in a much better state, i feel like. she would have the best earlygame of all junglers, but her lategame would also not be as terrible as before.

TL;DR: Arachne needs buffs, in my opinion she should get an attack progression, a passive buff and a reworked web throw-ability. also, broodlings and drain life could be changed slightly.
    Last edited by Jokahine; 04-11-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    My god balancing ideas #1 #2 OUTDATED
    My new item ideas
    My item balancing ideas

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    Maybe make the web be able to pull allied hero's to arachne. She can make saves like that late game and it'll add a cool new use for her ulti.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokahine View Post
    -snip-
    This sounds by far the best of all suggestions I've seen. Arachne needs desperate help, but I don't want her to receive a gigantic rework. If she were to lose her poison, multiple broodling spawns, silence, or ultimate, she wouldn't be the same character. These sound like across-the-board upgrades to an already interesting kit, which is exactly what she needs.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JPie View Post
    Maybe make the web be able to pull allied hero's to arachne. She can make saves like that late game and it'll add a cool new use for her ulti.
    I wanted to clarify that I meant her ulti to be able to pull allied heroes. You can be creative with it as well. For example if she uses and hits her ulti on an allied hero, then the cooldown is reduced 50%.

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    One problem I see is, that there lacks something like an (additional) Physical caster item. There is no real way to get big amounts of ability power, and therefore her great (poison) scaling does not really help much.

From all the suggestions I like the one with a 1/0.5/05 progressive attack chain the most since this would really fit here passive!
    Also of course her web should somehow be made less useless.
    (And giving her and her spiderlings additional speed and maybe make the web bigger) would be a the easiest thing (together with letting the hatchlings spawn on the web).

This changes would also make sense flavorwise. Since spiders can walk pretty fast on their webs and "awake" when they remark someone on their web.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I love the "paintable" web idea and the proposed synergy with broodlings. The honey and bees are pretty fun on AMC IMO, and a similar mechanic could work well for Arachne.

I'm not keen on allowing her to pull allied gods because of the potential for trolling or just plain awful play.

I would even be fine with a longer cooldown on her ult if it were necessary to balance an improved kit.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Mordoman's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    I certainly agree that the current 3 should be scrapped and our ult to take it's place since it is our main tool here, the web nest idea i saw on here before was nice but I would hate it to look like a bakasura knock off

Senior Member Chosen GoldenSkill's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    the ult is so damn OP. once an arachne pulls u to her team u r dead. beads wont do anything against damage. hunters,assassins,mages.. it's OP in 3v3
    how to win games:
    1. understand the meta.
    2. pick an op god.
    3. master him.
    4. spam VEL.
    the game will never be balanced.
    u got an awesome balance team there hi-rez

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 526
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenSkill View Post
    the ult is so damn OP. once an arachne pulls u to her team u r dead. beads wont do anything against damage. hunters,assassins,mages.. it's OP in 3v3
    Game's not balanced around Joust 3. Yeah, she's fairly decent in there, until the enemy team rubs enough brains cells together to get Magi's Blessing. Then they just need to hang back a little more or learn to juke an obvious-staring-at-you pull until the bubbles comes back. It's like not counter building Ares... you get what you deserve.
    Prepare to get Assaulted!
    (Been around since the original forum, still as low key as ever!)
    IGN: Chernobog3