Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about the forums

Senior Member Chosen JesusHatesYou's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Tagger Master Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhengski View Post
    There seems to be good candidates like yourself here who would be awesome as moderators...
    I'm flattered CtrlAltDefeated did say that it would be based on activity. And I'm kind of active

Senior Member Honoured Aximundi's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    haha yea too lazy to read..

I think having moderators from the community members is a good idea.. I hope they implement it soon.
    I mostly agree with this ^^
    Color my life with the chaos of trouble

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    haha yea too lazy to read..

I think having moderators from the community members is a good idea.. I hope they implement it soon.
    Agree on this, I don't think Hirez would like to waste one or two of their asset employees to manage this forum full-time. I was an active member on smitefire (600 posts) unless I was thrown out of the community by the moderator and editors!. I guess moderators must be chosen from the community itself but they must be generous , humble , helpful and balanced.
    Fun and Heart

IGN:arka222
    My Vulcan Guide:http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide...e-of-grit-4029
    Our clan site: www.smitefire.com (SMFG)

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    While bigging people up to be moderators may seem interesting, you have to remember that with whoever the Forum Manager is I don't expect a 100% unbiased selection. We've already seen one of his friends get custom avatars before everyone else.

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

Senior Member Chosen Boatmurdered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    I miss Limyc. I made him a backstory and everything.

Senior Member Honoured MikalMirkas's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    There seems to be good candidates like yourself here who would be awesome as moderators...
    time to shitpost to make myself look bad by comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Flareb00t View Post
    While bigging people up to be moderators may seem interesting, you have to remember that with whoever the Forum Manager is I don't expect a 100% unbiased selection. We've already seen one of his friends get custom avatars before everyone else.
    Nothing in terms of moderation is ever truly 100% unbiased.

Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

Senior Member Honoured Lefargon's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I haven't read anything except the title for this thread. Just wanna say what I think... I feel like this forum needs better moderation. I understand that people at hirez are very busy, but this forum is probably what new and potential players would wanna check to get info about the game, and tbh, some of the threads / posts here don't represent the community well... I just can't help but compare Anet's GW2 forum and this one because these are the only forums I check atm, and the difference is just too vast. Anet's is a lot cleaner as far as bad posts go and the interaction with the community is superior.
    I completely agree. I understand that this is just a trial version of the forums and they're not technically "official" yet but the lack of moderation and feedback (particularly in the support sections) is giving new users to the forums the wrong impression.

This is very much a good time for Hi-Rez to set a precedent for how the new forums should operate and attempt to prevent the problems they were having with the old ones from cropping up again but as it stands not only is all that opportunity being wasted but they're actually being counterproductive by setting a precedent that doesn't reflect how they want the forums to be used.

U so jelly.
    Last edited by Lefargon; 04-09-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefargon View Post
    I completely agree. I understand that this is just a trial version of the forums and they're not technically "official" yet but the lack of moderation and feedback (particularly in the support sections) is giving new users to the forums the wrong impression.

This is very much a good time for Hi-Rez to set a precedent for how the new forums should operate and attempt to prevent the problems they were having with the old ones from cropping up again but as it stands not only is all that opportunity being wasted but they're actually being counterproductive by setting a precedent that doesn't reflect how they want the forums to be used.

U so jelly.
    Not jealous. It's just potentially setting the precedent that this will be as crooked as the Smitegame mods section. And we know everyone loves the moderators on Smitegame when they're all chosen because they're friends with the streamer.

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

Senior Member Chosen Boatmurdered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Not jealous. It's just potentially setting the precedent that this will be as crooked as the Smitegame mods section. And we know everyone loves the moderators on Smitegame when they're all chosen because they're friends with the streamer.
    It just got real yo.
    I made this god idea tell me how bad it is, yo!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ess-of-Disease

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNinjaBurger

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Mad liiiiiiife