Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: This game is no longer "Free To Play"

  1. #1
    Junior Member Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    28
    2
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0

    This game is no longer "Free To Play"

    Hello,

    After the last patch I am just furious,

    The all new event call "The Odyssey" is too much.

    It was "Ok" when u put skins that gems only, when u put voice pack only for gems, all the ward skins for gems, special tressure box just with cash, emotion for gems only.
    And now u putting also the golden, legendary, diamond for gems only (saving over 30k favor for all 3 is gems only for me), but still I keep my mouth shut.

    But to make all new complete event that is for gems only it's too much, and it's not fair.

    I am getting the feeling that there is "first class" players who have voice packs, emotions, special skins, wards skin and now also event just for them.

    And there "second class" players, who can't afford this skins, can't really use the voice system because their allies can't understand each time who talking without voice packs because all heard the same, can't show their stats and most important, can't take part on events

    Even that this things don't make the game "less fair" it's still give huge aventange and more fun to this players who can afford this, and it make the people who can't afford it feel like less wanted, because you, HiRez don't put any new contact for us.

    This game is becoming less "Free To Play" and more "Pay To Fun" and it's going on a way to be "Pay To Win".

    And all of this for what? for you would be able to give the winners of the contast higher prize? So you can give them 500,000$ instead of 100,000$? for this it's worth to put classes between users?

    It's wrong and it's need to be stopped now!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Honoured AttackDamageCry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    732
    5
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    6
    "First class" players probably use curse.

    The game is F2P. Cosmetic luxuries cost. Pretty standard and what I've come to expect from an F2P game.

    It's not an event, it's a bunch of gem-related-releases to add to the prize pool.

    You don't need any of those things, or to participate in the "event" to play the game.

  3. #3
    Member Follower Jlordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    stalker
    Posts
    100
    1
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Rep Power
    6
    That's still not pay to win though.


    Paying players have no ingame advantage over a person without any money into the game.

    So it's not exactly on it's way to pay to win...

    And the "event" is basically essentially just a more fun interesting way of buying skins. It's not like you have to pay 10 gems to go on a motd or anything. That's an event with much more than this odyssey.
    fill = support

  4. #4
    OldKaostic
    Guest
    The Odyssey, along with all other premium content does nothing to the actual gameplay. It is all purely cosmetic and you shouldn't feel like you're at a disadvantage because of it. You can, along with the thousands of other people that cannot or choose not to purchase the content, enjoy it through the streams and whatnot.

    The game is still entirely free to play. Because it is free to play, it goes under a free to play monitaisation model. They already have the core game for the free players, but now is the time that they can start to not only develop that free content, but introduce more premium content.

    I can see your point, however, I think that it's misguided.

  5. #5
    Member Worshipper Heartwire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    285
    6
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 859
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    All the items (apart from boosters (which add no real benefit impacting the play of the game) are cosmetic.

    There are plenty of people who do well without all those luxuries.
    Readin who said what with voice commands does not even take a second.


    I get your point to an extend, but as mentioned above, I also think it's misguided.
    It's in no way going to "pay 2 win", I'm confused how you concluded that.

  6. #6
    New Member Cupidhead Rimodnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1
    1
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Rep Power
    0
    Well, to say it harsh: from a pure business perspective a player who doesn't buy anything IS actually less wanted than someone who buys voicepacks,premium skins, etc., because that's how they make money.

    I guess it's not purely unintentional to make you feel a little inferior to those with the shiny stuff, we might not like it but even in F2P the "you get what you pay for" starts at some point.
    Even a "free" game is not made for you to have fun, it is made for you to have fun and then spend some money on it,
    and so far i have seen few games with a fairer monetization concept than Smite.
    There is absolutely no indication that there will be any pay to win aspect to this game in the near future,
    and it would be pretty darn stupid of them to add one, since I'm pretty sure a big part of their playerbase would quit.

    Personally, this is actually the first F2P game I ever spent some money on (just the god pack and 600 gems for voicepacks, not much).
    There is a lot of stuff that I'd like to buy, but I don't know if I will because I don't have to and I guess I'll just wait for another gem-weekend.

    That said, there is a lot of "free" skins you can buy with favor, and the gold/diamond skins are not really that expensive
    (you don't need to buy all 3 on one god and if you played one to mastery 10, you can easily afford the one you like most on that god).

  7. #7
    Member Worshipper Taresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    456
    5
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    It's not pay to win. You don't pay for an extra advantage to the game, this is all cosmetic, pure and simple.
    Oh Guan Yu... you had some good times and I will always play you as my main god, but they need to figure out what they want to do with you.

    Check out and feel free to add some thoughts about Guan Yu balance changes Here!

  8. #8
    New Member Cupidhead Spamatos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    7
    1
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 335
    Rep Power
    0
    I agree that smite seems to be trying to contend too much with another certain moba i hear about alot that is considered money hungry and its mildly worrysome. You have a good thing goin smite Be your own game. I'm ok with cosmetic things being a little pricey but i would draw the line at paying to gain advantages over other players. if that begins happening i will not play. Pay to win is a game ruiner in my opinion. i hope smite never goes down that path.
    If they stay away from that though i will gladly continue throwing money at new skins, voice packs, emote packs ect.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Cupidhead
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    28
    2
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaostic View Post
    The Odyssey, along with all other premium content does nothing to the actual gameplay. It is all purely cosmetic and you shouldn't feel like you're at a disadvantage because of it. You can, along with the thousands of other people that cannot or choose not to purchase the content, enjoy it through the streams and whatnot.

    The game is still entirely free to play. Because it is free to play, it goes under a free to play monitaisation model. They already have the core game for the free players, but now is the time that they can start to not only develop that free content, but introduce more premium content.

    I can see your point, however, I think that it's misguided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimodnar View Post
    Well, to say it harsh: from a pure business perspective a player who doesn't buy anything IS actually less wanted than someone who buys voicepacks,premium skins, etc., because that's how they make money.

    I guess it's not purely unintentional to make you feel a little inferior to those with the shiny stuff, we might not like it but even in F2P the "you get what you pay for" starts at some point.
    Even a "free" game is not made for you to have fun, it is made for you to have fun and then spend some money on it,
    and so far i have seen few games with a fairer monetization concept than Smite.
    There is absolutely no indication that there will be any pay to win aspect to this game in the near future,
    and it would be pretty darn stupid of them to add one, since I'm pretty sure a big part of their playerbase would quit.

    Personally, this is actually the first F2P game I ever spent some money on (just the god pack and 600 gems for voicepacks, not much).
    There is a lot of stuff that I'd like to buy, but I don't know if I will because I don't have to and I guess I'll just wait for another gem-weekend.

    That said, there is a lot of "free" skins you can buy with favor, and the gold/diamond skins are not really that expensive
    (you don't need to buy all 3 on one god and if you played one to mastery 10, you can easily afford the one you like most on that god).
    All of this was true if the "recolor" skin had even half work like the special one, I mean u can't compare for example vamana recolor to Lil mana, they just changed the color on photoshop to blue, nothing special for even make it look good.
    But when they do event, and yes this is event no matter what you do in this, the thing is that there is event that made only for people who pay for the game, and this thing is what make me mad.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Honoured Ino82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    505
    6
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 582
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by iGodOfFight View Post
    Hello,

    After the last patch I am just furious,

    The all new event call "The Odyssey" is too much.

    It was "Ok" when u put skins that gems only, when u put voice pack only for gems, all the ward skins for gems, special tressure box just with cash, emotion for gems only.
    And now u putting also the golden, legendary, diamond for gems only (saving over 30k favor for all 3 is gems only for me), but still I keep my mouth shut.

    But to make all new complete event that is for gems only it's too much, and it's not fair.

    I am getting the feeling that there is "first class" players who have voice packs, emotions, special skins, wards skin and now also event just for them.

    And there "second class" players, who can't afford this skins, can't really use the voice system because their allies can't understand each time who talking without voice packs because all heard the same, can't show their stats and most important, can't take part on events

    Even that this things don't make the game "less fair" it's still give huge aventange and more fun to this players who can afford this, and it make the people who can't afford it feel like less wanted, because you, HiRez don't put any new contact for us.

    This game is becoming less "Free To Play" and more "Pay To Fun" and it's going on a way to be "Pay To Win".

    And all of this for what? for you would be able to give the winners of the contast higher prize? So you can give them 500,000$ instead of 100,000$? for this it's worth to put classes between users?

    It's wrong and it's need to be stopped now!
    First of all, you can play the game just fine without ANY of those perks. You are not entitled to them simply for existing. Secondly you cannot blatantly lie about the gold, legendary, and diamond skins. They cost gems OR favor. Just because you don't want to save the favor does NOT mean that you can only get them with real money.

    You aren't less wanted in game because you are a non paying player, you are less wanted because you come off as a whiny entitled brat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •