Thread: Sun Wukongs 72 Transformations needs a better selection mechanic

New Member Cupidhead PANZeRJuRGEN's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360

Sun Wukongs 72 Transformations needs a better selection mechanic

Last edited by PANZeRJuRGEN; 08-23-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Why would they make a better and stronger transformation easier to use than the more useless ones? People would start getting the tiger more often and just become super OP monkeys. I think it makes sense and doesn't need to change.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bluechacho's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PANZeRJuRGEN View Post
    It seems very backwards to me, that his most useful form is the hardest to select.
    On the contrary, I find that to be an amazing design choice. Skillshots exist in all shapes and sizes, so it is great to add more little skill checks here and there. In the end, it will make you a better player by virtue of honing your Y axis skills, so no harm done.
    Last edited by Bluechacho; 08-20-2014 at 09:03 AM. Reason: The formatting was a bit wonky but I fixed it

New Member Cupidhead PANZeRJuRGEN's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokechu212 View Post
    Why would they make a better and stronger transformation easier to use than the more useless ones? People would start getting the tiger more often and just become super OP monkeys. I think it makes sense and doesn't need to change.
    Pretty sure you're trolling but I'll answer anyway.

You're comparing apples and oranges: tiger is not "better and stronger", it completely differs from the ox in what it does: single target stun vs. multi-man knockup. They're good for different things, the ox just gets less use vs. the tiger, at least when I play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluechacho View Post
    On the contrary, I find that to be an amazing design choice. Skillshots exist in all shapes and sizes, so it is great to add more little skill checks here and there. In the end, it will make you a better player by virtue of honing your Y axis skills, so no harm done.
    I do not find this good design at all. The difficulty most of the time stems from the fact that you can't see the selection line from beneath another model, be it player, a bunch of minions or a spell AoE. In these cases it's just pure guesswork, which it shouldn't be. Having skill checks based on UI-constraints is very, very bad design, especially given how wonky and inaccurate Smites Y-axis targeting can be.
    Last edited by PANZeRJuRGEN; 08-20-2014 at 12:50 PM.