Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: About the amount of CC

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Immiker View Post
    The question was essentially would you rather have no CC or some CC, too which some of you may reply "None, for fun", but in a competitive environment, why do you think AMC, Hel, Zeus and Bastet see far less play than most Gods on the right? Even with Ult cripple, which I didn't even know because it's so insignificant most of the time, AMC is amongst the weakest. Think about the Gods that see the most play, all have great CC.

The biggest exception being Ra, with only remote CC through Blind+Slow. Everyone else has great CC. Taunts, mesmerizes, stuns. Can't name a popular character that doesn't have a great CC (again, except Ra with his decent CC).
    If CC was removed across the board except for Guardians and support mages (who would then have their damage significantly toned down), you would see the top gods shift drastically. The movement abilities are still too powerful (ranges too long for leaps/durations too long for sprint abilities) and would need to be adjusted as well.

I just know I enjoy this game a fraction of what I did when I first started two years ago and it continues to diminish with each new god. I'm waiting for another company to jump on the idea of a 3rd person style Moba since that's the biggest draw for me at this point. There's more strategy than a shooter and I'm not a fan of the isometric maps/RTS controls in the other games. The game boils down to landing hard CC and making your opponent explode since the damage so completely outstrips the defenses.

I think they should remove more or the CC and replace it with more active defenses. Properly timing the use of an active defensive ability is good counter play... or if they want to leave the CC in the game, more abilities that can be used while CC'd/cleanse CC when used like beads.
    Last edited by SpitefulxOne; 08-21-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bluechacho's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RatGirl View Post
    As for "in other mobas...", really? Ashe says hi. Perma-slow as a toggle, aoe slow, global ult. Or Janna. Speed buff, two knockbacks, absorb shield. Or how about Jinx. Slow, root, global ult. Etc.
    To dogpile onto this, Tinker in DotA 2 has literally infinite teleportation with Boots of Travel, Nature's Prophet has a teleport with 20 sec CD at max level, invisibility is very potent in the game, etc. It's just insane in Smite because characters are way less mobile.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyzonu View Post
    i dont think you know what you're talking about...
    21 out of 58 Gods have a stun that lasts longer than 1 second.
    There's only a few that break two seconds but your statement of most lasting only a second is incorrect.

The average stun length for all abilities that stun/fear/taunt is actually 1.4 seconds. Not counting time spent knocked back or knocked up by the various other abilities.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead stealthflame's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    I agree with the fact that this game is about who can land cc and shred the opponent first. It's meant to be, "I'm Anubis. If I land my stun, I 100% get a kill," unless you get beads/aegis. I wish there were gods like Hel that can remove cc. But yeah this game gets older and older with its monstrous damage thatallows one shot kills by a mage ult and 3 shot kills by adc basic attacks. Literally 1/3 of the gods should have cc and no god should have more than 2 cc abilities. But eh that's my opinion, and that's why I find this game to be getting more and more boring. Let's throw in a God with a 2 second taunt but call it something different! Let's let her attack during the taunt! Sounds balanced!

Senior Member Chosen EconomicSuicide's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Smite I deed has to much CC. Dont believe go into. Lane vs a decent kumba and you will likely lose if the adc is the least bit competant. Now cc such as ares chains, wukong spin/transformation, cabrakan tremmors and things of those natures are fine since they take skill to land or leave you wide open to die. If anubis wraps you with gem of isolation you are dead. The beads arguement isnt valid hence the cooldown on it and if a god forces you to build a certIn way, that js a problem unless special situations occur. Smite needs balancing. The burst in this game is insane and cc makes it less Bout skill and more about how ever can cripple the other player gets the advantage and win. Look at nemsis. All shehas to do is ult you and you lose half your health, half your protections and movement speed while she gains the speed you lost, and then she has a slow after that she can use. Then with crepping curse and fist of the gods how can you expect to stand a chance. Also cznt. Ompare smite to other mobas due to in other mobas you can burst someone in 1.5 seconds with ease even though you both have full builds and are same levels.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 713
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    We need an active that cleanses CC-say another version of greater purification? Call it area purification, give it 90s cd and we're done!

Between gp, ap and hel(oh and geb, don't forget geb!), we wouldn't have any problems with CC. Maybe then people would be forced to think about what they're doing-Asuryan forbid!

Achievements:
    Still a problem.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Thiuss's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 123
    I guess none of you have ever played WoW arena. Go do that and then get back to me about "too much CC" in this game.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiuss View Post
    I guess none of you have ever played WoW arena. Go do that and then get back to me about "too much CC" in this game.
    Except Blizzard has admitted that there's way too much CC in WoW PvP, and are toning it down considerably in the next expansion.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Thiuss's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oVentus View Post
    Except Blizzard has admitted that there's way too much CC in WoW PvP, and are toning it down considerably in the next expansion.
    Yeah, but even with WoD, there will still be significantly longer CC chains than in this game. But, of course, WoW actually has healing classes (unlike this game) which makes it more tolerable i guess.