Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 10 v 10 Map Idea Contest

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    We can post things through tonight right?
    Also if I post late, just note that I'm on Eastern time U.S.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by arka222 View Post
    @aurasai may be you can connect two similar planes through certain portals, to make players transport through from one to another.
    That's the point. On 2 symetrical locations of the map on the left and right side, there are portals that lead to a smaller 3v3 Arena, where the teams have to fight for more tribute points. That arena is for temporary objective event, where you need to send 3 of your most suited gods to fight the enemies there.
    If there was a map I could explain it better, but I won't be able to finish one today.

Most of my thought process was about figuring out systems to avoid the extreme snowballing, CCs and absurd AOE damage that a 10v10 mode can bring and make melee gods actually viable there. Not that much on the map itself
    Personally, as someone who is playing a lot of Arachne lately... having Arachne in Arena vs 2 mages and 2 hunters makes me pretty much useless, having double that number will be a living hell for any assassin or warrior. Then are the CCs. If you get into a team with 10 gods with strong AOE control, with all of the cc rotations you can remain CCd for the entire game, even with 66,6% DR
    As such I don't really like the idea behind 10v10 and wanted to figure out a system that would make me enjoy a 10v10 mode.
    Last edited by Aurasai; 09-30-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Last day to enter the contest. Those who need more time to finish up their already posted enteries have 1 extra day. Contest closes 6 hours from now.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Results and reviews coming shortly!

Achievements:
    There are six contest enteries:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz4...ew?usp=sharing

Contest Results:
    -Duelists Heaven & Multi-Leveled win 400 gems each!!!(Sadly we have no extraordinary entry)
    -There have been pros and cons in each of the ideas but instead of finding shortcomings I focused on the positives.
    -Winners shall share their IGNs.

Fun and Heart

IGN:arka222
    My Vulcan Guide:http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide...e-of-grit-4029
    Our clan site: www.smitefire.com (SMFG)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    I'm not sure what an "extraordinary entry" means to you, although I'm so happy that I managed to win To be honest I didn't expect that, because I consider other ideas so good as well! Best wishes to all participants and better luck next time

My IGN: Ericler

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericler View Post
    I'm not sure what an "extraordinary entry" means to you, although I'm so happy that I managed to win To be honest I didn't expect that, because I consider other ideas so good as well! Best wishes to all participants and better luck next time

My IGN: Ericler
    You had the best entry out of all. The idea of having several rounds in a different backdrop is really nice. Though I don't like the 2min. bar on rounds, its too less a time. The Tigers in the midst of a gladiatorisque Arena was pretty awesome. You lacked in presentation and the effort part of it. Though I can understand people don't know wat to expect from a nooby jury like me . Anyways, your gems are on the way!
    Fun and Heart

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Ign: as4mo3. Any comments?
    Thanks for the gems.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by as4mo3 View Post
    Ign: as4mo3. Any comments?
    Thanks for the gems.
    Notify me on getting gems(same for ericler) . The idea looked good to me, in fact it goes with lore with gods fighting in interconnected dimensions. Your idea can be combined with good points from duelists idea. Different layers having different maps and objectives and all combining to achieve the main objective. I like the idea of not needing to go to base to buy items as suggested by aurasai. Players can be grouped in 5 teams of two for in game purchases and gold sharing. I can collect gold and purchase items for my partner from the common gold pool, something like that. I tink good points from all the enteries can be combined to make an exciting map idea.
    Fun and Heart

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'll check for the gems later today. But, if you want to work on it, I'll help you, and anyone else, to make the map with all the map elements.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes