Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 10 v 10 Map Idea Contest

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    @t0k0l0v3r.. I don't think the warfare idea is the one which would blow us away!. Only interesting aspect is the utility of teleporting gods and walls to isolate the map. Stacking siege maps is not unique, I would rather opt for a simple 10v 10 arena on a huge map. I think the objectives are not clear too, they appear to be same to what they are in game already. Please don't think I sound harsh or anything , nice effort though, points shall be given later. Use Google drive to upload ideas in PDF, that`s a great way to share content.

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    BUMP cuz we need competition

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead t0k0l0v3r's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Honestly I wasn't really sure how far to take it. I mean, there were already a lot of great ideas and I didn't want to copy any. Plus i did it at work. as I said, I might edit later, but I have other things, like work and life ect. ect.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Duelists Heaven

Main informations:
    * Player limit : 10v10
    * Maps size: avarage (exactly as big as in-game Arena map).
    Description:
    The main idea of this map is to launch duels between opposite teams and let them fight with each other as it is most pure. Players don't really have to worry about farming the gold or defending the objectives. The point is that they can fully focus on their behaviour, positioning, aiming, skill order and most importantly - teamplay. Battles are launched in different areas which perfectly fits to Smite Lore and ancient mythology in general. Take a seat and read carefully
    Rules:
    1) The team, whose player(players) survives, scores a point.
    2) There are generally 10 rounds. However, the match may be ended prematurely if one team scores 6 points. That would means, that another team cannot have more than 4 and it cannot result in draw.
    3) Players start the first encounter with level two and 1500 gold.
    In each subsequent stage players are given two additional levels and 1000 gold as well.
    The last battle, which is 10th, will be played between level 20 characters having 11500 gold altogether.
    4) To prevent delaying the fight, players are additionaly motivated to deal first blow. The one which manage to do it, gains an additional 1500 gold in next round to share (so every player gets 1800 gold instead of 1500 in next round).
    5) After each battle players are resseructed in bases. There they have 30 seconds to allocate newly gained skill points and spend owned gold.
    6) In case of draw, there is one additional, final round.
    7) To estop too long duels, (ie.e. two pure tanks auto-attacking each other) max round lenght is set to 2 minutes. After that time, team with more living players wins. If number of players is even (1v1, 2v2 and so on) there are % of their health calculated. Quick example: Red team still has two living players, the blue however has only one. In red we have 50%hp Ra, and 32%hp Ymir, while blue is representing by a full hp Odin. In such case red team wins. But if Odin was supported by another god, let's say one having 13%hp, blue team would immediately win.
    8) 20 players in teamfight is quite a lot. To ensure that squishy characters will not die from just aoe abilities, and tanks in first line will not die instantly, all classes shall have their hp multiplied:
    Guardians and Fighters - 2.5x
    Assassins - 1.75x
    Mages and Rangers - 1.5x
    That multiplier include both base health and that given by items.

Diversity:
    To make fighting more interesting and diverse, the battle arena changes every two rounds. Additional modifiers will most likely force players to slighly change their tactics and behavior. Those arenas are also thought to fit in Smite lore and ancient mythology.

Stages 1-2: “Colosseum carnage” - exactly like in-game arena, wide open field filled with nothing but ash and dust. While loose sand cause all players to move 10% slower, crowd’s shouts encourage them to give theirs best. Each player possesses damage buff from the beginning. What's more there is a new mechanism added to this map. In the center of battlefield, there is a structure connected with tigers cages placed all around the field. The characters who interacts with it's switch, is immobilized and prevented to take any actions for 6 seconds duration or untill killed or treated with heavy cc. If such action is finished positively, 12 tigers are released and are aiding their rescurer's team. This structure can be used only once per fight.

Stages 3-4: “Broken Pont-du-Gard” – an ancient aqueduct, seriously time-worn narrow passage, where ultimate’s similar to Kukulkan’s or He Bo’s would be extremely dangerous. Gusty wind at this height makes player to move 25% faster and have their cooldowns reduced to a maximum cap (i.e. 40%). On this map there are also a bunch of stairs, which allow players to move vertically up and down. There are three levels of that arena (i.e. top, middle and bottom floor).

Stages 5-6: “Partenon’s fanatics” – extraordinary temple known from the history, full of columns behind which players could possibly hide. Strong faith in Athena causes players to receive her gratitude – additional 50 armor and magic resistances. Ancient souls fulfilling the temple drains life energy from slain gods and take the eternal form. Since now they fight by the fallens side untill their supernal duty ends.

Stages 7-8: “Medusa’s Lair” – underground cavern, which the cursed woman used to call her home. Flooded by a deadly venom, which constantly harm all the players for 1% of maximum hp every 3 seconds. A bunch of petrified soldiers could be a great protections against hostile projectiles. To take a better use of Medusa's venom, both teams can reach a special switch beyond their enemies. Once activated, causes the Farkos daughter to shoot poisoned arrows at your sworn enemies. Since now they are taking even more damage from her poison! (And it increases to 1% of maximum hp every second.)

Stages 9-10: “Niflheim, Father of Ymir” – basically it is frosty, icy land with frighteningly chilly wind. Enormous blizzard randomly freezes one player from both teams for the 2 second duration. The time those two get melted, another couple gets frozen. No way to escape on your own! (No purification beads and other actions allowed). While being frozen players become invulnerable to damage as well. However, there must be ancient ritual done before the battle begins! Each team has to sacrifice one of its members to appease the Mighty Giant! Be a weakest link and your teammates will care only 'bout themselves.

Eventual final battle would be held on the very Olympus! Such great and endurable warriors who reach the majestic final shall fight with no boosters and modifiers – twenty gods' slaughter as it’s most pure.

Author's comment:

That type of game would probably take no longer than 10 to 15 minutes. I consider such match length just okay, as sometimes you just don’t have enough time to play a full conquest map or even a 3v3, which takes like 25-30 minutes in most cases. I would like to think that drawing 6 maps will not be necessary, as they are preety much intuitive and not so complex, but in case of absolute need let me know to do that.

Feel free to comment, I'm really looking forward you feedback Want to mention that English is not my native language, so I am truly sorry for every mistake I have made

#Edit
    Thanks for pointing that out, Pokechu212. Will work about that tomorrow. And about point 3. Let's be honest. A teamfight never takes longer than 30 seconds
    Last edited by Ericler; 09-27-2014 at 04:05 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericler View Post
    Duelists Heaven

Main informations:
    * Player limit : 5v5
    * Maps size: small (slightly smaller than in-game Arena map).
    Description:
    The main idea of this map is to launch duels between opposite teams and let them fight with each other as it is most pure. Players don't really have to worry about farming the gold or defending the objectives. The point is that they can fully focus on their behaviour, positioning, aiming, skill order and most importantly - teamplay. Battles are launched in different areas which perfectly fits to Smite Lore and ancient mythology in general. Take a seat and read carefully
    Rules:
    1) The team, whose player(players) survives, scores a point.
    2) There are generally 10 rounds. However, the match may be ended prematurely if one team scores 6 points. That would means, that another team cannot have more than 4 and it cannot result in draw.
    3) Players start the first encounter with level two and 1500 gold.
    In each subsequent stage players are given two additional levels and 1500 gold as well.
    The last battle, which is 10th, will be played between level 20 characters having 17500 gold altogether.
    4) To prevent delaying the fight, players are additionaly motivated to deal first blow. The one which manage to do it, gains an additional 1500 gold in next round to share (so every player gets 1800 gold instead of 1500 in next round).
    5) After each battle players are resseructed in bases. There they have 30 seconds to allocate newly gained skill points and spend owned gold.
    6) In case of draw, there is one additional, final round.

Diversity:
    To make fighting more interesting and diverse, the battle arena changes every two rounds. Additional modifiers will most likely force players to slighly change their tactics and behavior. Those arenas are also thought to fit in Smite lore and ancient mythology.

Stages 1-2: “Colosseum carnage” - exactly like in-game arena, wide open field filled with nothing but ash and dust. While loose sand cause all players to move 10% slower, crowd’s shouts encourage them to give theirs best. Each player possesses damage buff from the beginning.

Stages 3-4: “Broken Pont-du-Gard” – an ancient aqueduct, seriously time-worn narrow passage, where ultimate’s similar to Kukulkan’s or He Bo’s would be extremely dangerous. Gusty wind at this height makes player to move 25% faster and have their cooldowns reduced to a maximum cap (i.e. 40%).

Stages 5-6: “Partenon’s fanatics” – extraordinary temple known from the history, full of columns behind which players could possibly hide. Strong faith in Athena causes players to receive her gratitude – additional 50 armor and magic resistances.

Stages 7-8: “Medusa’s Lair” – underground cavern, which the cursed woman used to call her home. Flooded by a deadly venom, which constantly harm all the players for 1% of maximum hp every second. A bunch of petrified soldiers could be a great protections against hostile projectiles.

Stages 9-10: “Niflheim, Father of Ymir” – basically it is frosty, icy land with frighteningly chilly wind. Enormous blizzard randomly freezes one player from both teams for the 2 second duration. The time those two get melted, another couple gets frozen. No way to escape on your own! (No purification beads and other actions allowed). While being frozen players become invulnerable
    to damage as well.

Eventual final battle would be held on the very Olympus! Such great and endurable warriors shall fight with no boosters and modifiers – ten gods' slaughter as it’s most pure.

That type of game would probably take no longer than 10 to 15 minutes. I consider such match length just okay, as sometimes you just don’t have enough time to play a full conquest map or even a 3v3, which takes like 25-30 minutes in most cases.

Feel free to comment, I'm really looking for you feedback
    First of all the map has to be 10v10
    Second, if you are going to add a map schematic then say it in the post, but you need one.
    And finally, what if the round lasts 10 minutes? What would the players not fighting do then?

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    I have a large map suggestion coming up. Not sure if I will be able to post it today.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    This is a WIP post!
    Got some free time, so started to work on the map today, not sure what I will have done until the deadline (if anything), but here goes:

Planes of Slaughter

The map is essentially a 10v10 Arena, with multiple objectives across 2 planes. The goal is to accumulate a tribute points count of 1000 before the enemy side, which can be done by either killing enemy players, or by completing objectives. If the game doesn’t end by the 30th minute, the team with the highest number of remaining tickets win.

Many of the traditional Smite mechanics, do not apply in this game mode, to reduce the extreme snowballing. Also, to make melee gods viable, there are also multiple countermeasures to avoid getting endless CCs, and getting killed in a fraction of a second by the huge amounts of AOE damage.

Map design and objectives:

incomplete section! Gonna add a map at some point.
    The map consist of 2 seperate planes. The main plane is very large, about 2 times the size of the Arena map, while the side plane is about 2/3 of the Arena map. There are no minions, but it features a variety of objectives and traps.
    There are 3 altars on the main plane, who provide buffs and increase the tribute gain. The buffs are focused on giving movement speed, reducing cc duration and AOE damage taken.

The secondary plane is a much smaller Arena, with an ongoing 3v3 battle for increased tribute gain. A maximum of 3 players per team can enter that plane using teleporters at the sides of the main plane. Still trying to balance it, as I need a good incentive for people to come and actually fight in it.

There is a middle altar (may change this) with multiple traps around it, making fights there very difficult. The traps include an 8 segment circle area, where each 2 of the segments ignite dealing high AOE damage and 3 rows of rotating sawblades, moving at high speed and dealing very high damage.

Tribute points and items:

• Gold is replaced by Tribute points. Items are unlocked and not purchased.
    • All actives and consumables are replaced. The new actives and consumables are very powerful.
    • All stacking items are removed. You only unlock the complete items.
    • Boots and Magi’s Blessing are removed due to the Altar buffs and improved consumables.
    • You can unlock new items and actives anywhere on the map. You can replace items, actives and get more consumables only at your spawn area (or while dead).

Tribute unlock tiers:

• 0 TP - 1 item slot, 1 active slot and 0 consumable slots
    • 100 TP - 2 item slots, 1 active slot and 1 consumable slots
    • 200 TP - 2 item slots, 2 active slots and 1 consumable slots
    • 300 TP - 3 item slots, 2 active slots and 1 consumable slots
    • 400 TP - 3 item slots, 2 active slots and 2 consumable slots
    • 500 TP - 4 item slots, 2 active slots and 2 consumable slots
    • 600 TP - 5 item slots, 2 active slots and 2 consumable slots
    • 700 TP - 6 item slots, 2 active slots and 2 consumable slots

Actives:

• Divine Aegis - Using this item prevents you from taking damage for 2 seconds. During the duration you are unable to attack or use abilities, but you can still move. After the effect you take 30% less damage for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 40 seconds
    • Shell of Divinity - Using this item cleanses all crowd control effects on you and nearby alies, and reduces the damage you and alies take by 50% for the next 5 seconds. Everyone affected by this active cannot benefit from it in the next 20 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds
    • Phase Jump - Using this item allows you to teleport a short distance instantly, removing all debuffs from you. Can be used while in combat. Cooldown: 40 seconds
    • Divine Purification - Using this item cleanses crowd controlls and debuffs for you and all nearby alies, giving immunity towards future ones for 5 seconds. Everyone affected by this active cannot benefit from it in the next 20 seconds. Cooldown: 60 seconds.

Consumables:

• Potion of Inivisibility - You become invisible for 8 seconds and gain 40% increased movement speed. Effect is canceled if you take any damage or use an ability. You get a stack of 2.
    • Beholder ward - Places an invisible true sight ward, which is able to detect movement of both visible and invisible gods, or other wards. You get a stack of 3.
    • Null flask - Throw a flask on the ground, creating a null zone. All gods who are in the null zone or get hit by the flask are unable to receive or do any healing. You get a stack of 3.
    • Zen elixir - You regain 5% of your health and mana each second. Lasts for 6 seconds or until you enter combat. Cannot be used in combat. You get a stack of 3.
    • Alkonost feather - Cleanses you of all crowd controls, and makes you immune to future ones for 2 seconds. You get a stack of 2.
    Last edited by Aurasai; 09-29-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Tomorrow is the last day to enter the contest and edit stuff. Reviews shall be displayed in the coming week followed by name of winners. Contest shall still be open for the undisposed prizes over the next month.

Achievements:
    Just a reminder that I am almost done with the map, and I'll edit it into my post tonight.

Achievements:
    @aurasai may be you can connect two similar planes through certain portals, to make players transport through from one to another.