Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 v 10 Map Idea Contest

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead t0k0l0v3r's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Welp, here's my idea. Made in paint over a 6 hour period or so. I May or may not edit this.

Warfare Rules:

So here's the basics:

I call this mode 'Warfare', and its designed to try and keep 'mobbing' from occurring (where all the players are in one area fighting as a mob) by having a large wall that you can't cross without a flying Ult or teleportation (Think Athena, Thanatos, Apollo, Thor, the teleport to gods Item, ect). You could almost consider this two large siege maps stuck together, with an expanded jungle, with the gold fury and fire giant in the center, accessible only through portals. These portals can be captured by defeating the Sand Giants (from domination maps). Capturing these is purely optional however and you can completely ignore them, as the lanes will be running past the turret, without entering its range.

The green and purple portals can be used by anyone, and are always open, to provide a bit more maneuverability in the jungle.

Legend:
    1- Phoenix
    2- Inner Tower
    3- Outer Tower
    Red Dot- Power Buff
    Blue Dot- Mana Buff
    Yellow Dot- Speed Buff
    Light Grey- Small EXP Camp
    Dark Grey Camps- Big Exp Camp
    Magenta Dot- Old Cooldown Buff

Map:
    http://i57.tinypic.com/k1yt0x.jpg
    Last edited by t0k0l0v3r; 09-13-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Thanks for posting some great stuff. I shall compile them all in an album, shall also ask our clan mate and editor of smite community magazine kaostic to highlight some of the stuff u guys are putting in. People can discuss and comment on enteries, I shall too provide detailed feedbacks.

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Imprison

Gameplay Overview:

In this gamemode, there would be 2 teams of 10 players. The map would be an arena-style map with no lanes or titans (I will explain the map later), as well as a points system similar to the arena and domination gamemode. Each team would start with 500 points. When you die, instead of waiting to respawn, you are teleported to a smaller arena away from the main map, and the death would not be counted on your KDR. This area would be free of any fountains, structures, or minions. In this smaller map, you would have to fight for your way out. When you kill an enemy god, you would be brought back into the main map to send enemies into the "prison" by killing them (prison referring to that smaller map). If you die in the prison, you will have to wait to respawn. Players can also send themselves into the prison via a portal inside their fountain, however they cannot force themselves out, and would have to kill to escape. If a team loses all of their points, the opposing team wins the match.
    The purpose of this prison function would be to limit the amount of players in the arena at once. Obviously a 10v10 game would be very crowded, so sending players to a different map would introduce a whole new level of strategy into the game.

Map:

The map would be a large, circular arena with fountains on each end, protected by a large wall and an (color)-team-only doorway. In front of each wall would be a minion portal, similar to the one in arena. Any minions that walk into this portal will subtract points from the portal's team (i.e Red minions pass through blue portal, blue team loses points). At the beginning of each lane, there would be invincible dragon statues that would do as much damages as phoenixes. There would be two minion spawns in front of the fountain. The map is divided into mock "lanes", meaning that they have no towers on either side. Each team would have two "lanes", and in the middle would be the two golems, on their respective halves (depending on what team has claimed it, explanation below). In between these lanes would be a large jungle, and in the middle of the jungle would be the gong (also explained later).
    As I mentioned above, the lanes consist of 2 golems. When the game starts, these golems would be neutral, only attacking gods that attack them first. They would have about as much health as a tower, and once defeated, they would side with the other team. A golem claimed by a team would be more aggressive, constantly targeting any enemy god who enters the team's half of the arena. While claimed by a team, the golem can be claimed by the opposing team by simply defeating it on its half of the arena. A god slain by a golem will not be teleported to the prison, but instead respawn normally. The purpose of this would be to allow one team to "select" which gods should be in the prison with other gods; If a weaker god on your team is killed and sent to the prison, and there is a stronger god that you want to kill, but don't want him in the prison, you can just get him close to the golem so that you can kill him without putting the weaker god on your team in danger. If both golems on one lane are taken by one team, then the golems will start to edvance into the enemy's side of the lane. Any minions caught in the path of the golems would be trampled and killed (but the golems don't exactly try to run over them, they simply start to kill gods). If this occurs, a golem can still be claimed by the other team if it's health is depleted. Golems do not regenerate health, and can only target one god at a time.
    Every 5 minutes, a large gong would appear in the middle of the map. When the gong appears, all the players on the map are flung away from the middle (the closer they are, the farther they are pushed; if you are in the middle-ish, you would have the advantage of being closer than those who were right in the middle.) The first team to ring the gong will release all of their team members from the prison, which can be done so by hitting it once with a basic attack. Once hit, the gong disappears.
    If 2 minutes go by and there is only one team in the prison, friendly fire will be turned on inside the prison until either one god remains, or a god of the opposing team is sent to the prison.
    The prison would simply be an empty circular arena, being about half the size of the main map. Gods would spawn in the middle, and it would be an all-out free-for-all.
    The map would be a Chinese-theme arena.

• -5 Points for a god slain in prison/slain by giant
    • -10 Points for losing a golem
    • -10 points for every 1 god on your team in the prison, occurs every 1 minute
    • -2 points for every 1 minion that reaches the minion portal

Thanks for reading
    Aren't my microsoft paint skills bootiful

Red-Red Golem agro area
    Blue-Blue Golem agro area
    Red circle-Damage Camp
    Blue Circle-Mana Camp
    Light Pink Circle-Exp. Fury
    Yellow Circle-Speed Camp
    Orange Circle-Fire Giant
    Dark Yellow Circle-Gold Fury
    White-Neutral Golem agro
    Yellow Star-Gong spawn location
    Pink Star-Guardian Dragon Statue
    Grey-Golem

The prison portal would be somewhere in the fountain.
    Last edited by Pokechu212; 09-30-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokechu212 View Post
    [*] -500 points if all gods on 1 team are in prison without any enemy gods to kill.
    i just want to give you a heads up here: Team wipes are fairly common, and these would totally make the respawn timers a moot point. Personally, I'd hate to see the whole game drop because the team got wiped. Maybe you could make it just really pricey ponts-wise. Like, every time the team gets 'deiecided' they lose 25 points? Would hurt a LOT and not just cause the game to drop.

Just my two cents, take it or leave it.

Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    The reason it gets decided is not just because the team gets wiped, but because the entire opposing team is not in the prison. This would technically prevent anybody in the team from leaving the prison, and would decide the match.

My point is if someone dies and is sent to prison early game, they could be sitting around in said prison for an unbearably long time, waiting for more people to die. If you implemented a timer for prison (a prison sentence, hehe) Where if no one dies, everyone is released or something, would make this much more viable and fun.

It would force the teams to really really try to not die or to risk hunting someone down. But it's your idea, not mine.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
    Will put this here just in case: Supremacy game mode concept
    This mode as it states is 5v5!
    Fun and Heart

IGN:arka222
    My Vulcan Guide:http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide...e-of-grit-4029
    Our clan site: www.smitefire.com (SMFG)

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by arka222 View Post
    This mode as it states is 5v5!
    That's why I said "just in case"
    Last edited by Aurasai; 09-14-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Name:Battleground

My 10 v 10 Idea is similiar to the normal 5 v 5 but there is a few new things I added to make it interesting. Instead of just 3 lanes its 6 so it adds a new meta to the game do you want more warrior solo'ers or do you want more mages and so you could choose the way between then you have two semi- decided duo lanes but honesly you might want a solo on the outside due to the fact that the Fire Giant and Ice Giant are in the excact middle of the map(Map Scematic Add later)

The Fire Giant will have a few new factors added he will do more damage and give more power and the normal hp regen but no mana regen bonus. he also gives more attack speed like 5-10% increase. Ice Giant gives you a bonus to movement speed and mana regen basic attacks give a slow for 1-2 secounds and increases defense close 20 for each magical and physical and gives a 10% decrease in ability time.

The first tower would do the normal damage for towers but the secound would do 1.5 more damage than the first and the phoenix will do 3x more damage and there health increased by 2000. so no more soloing pheonixs with certain gods. there are only three phoenixs hence why I would change the health and damage. then after phoenixs you have to deal with the Minotaurs they are the personal protectors of the wind titan and the Earth titan the Minotaurs Have the hp of the current titans and they deal 2x the damage except for the fact they sacrifice it for 1/2 the defense. The Final titans have 3x the current health and deal the same damage and 1.5x the current defense allowing them to be harder to kill. Then next the buffs there is a grand total of 10or 12 if count the Fire giant and Ice Giant but you have the normal 4 mana and 2 speed and 2 attack but then I bring back the idea of defense buff one for eac side. then there is 10 xp camps varying between witches to harpies to wolfs, to bears, or undead, or giants.

the map is structured so that it ensentially supports 2 teams of 5 fightingg together against another two teams of 5 and I made a jungle area way more open so that AoE abilities aren't nessarly going to rule in the jungle map would be roughly 2.5-3x larger than the standard to allow the jungle to have more room and the team meta will be so much different this way because it would be more important on calls and I made it semi hard for junglers to get to the other side if close to center. But a big factor change is the portal on each side of the map that is on the outside lane goes from one to the other with what I was thinking would be a slight cool down on them so junglers and the outside lanes would have to communicate say got someone low one jungler did so the target goes through the portal and the other jungle if communicated soon enough could call for a other jungler to gank the target when they get out. The minions would stay just like they are. The communications would have to be better in the game in order to operate a lot better so that others could get what they needed. This is my idea and I will get the image in later today.

Add:The central theme would be to are typical map style of roman minions and the walls would be the usual but the Fire giant area would be kinda volcanic walls and the Ice giant area will be a cold area and have ice mountain surrounding the area.

Addition 2: To prevent the opposing team if wipe you and get the Fire Giant and then they attempt to try to get the Ice Giant to balance this by if say they did get the Fire Giant they wouldn’t want to try get the Ice Giant because being in opposite giants domain with the others buff auto matically gets rid of 25% of defenses and the other giant gets enraged so it deals twice the damage and it attacks 2x faster to prevent just having the two tanks try to take the damage and the giant gets 2x hp. THIS DOES ADD MORE META TO THE GAME. If you pay attention if enter the opposites domain you could make it harder for the opposing team to kill by making it get just the 2x health. I made it so both giants have some aspects that cancel eachother out but then some that don’t.
    Last edited by VarenWolf; 09-22-2014 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Paragraphing instead of giant daunting wall of text
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

@varenwolf

Just a suggestion, break down that huge wall into several paragraphs, just to make it easier to follow. I do like the idea behind the opposing giants though. very very cool.