Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 v 10 Map Idea Contest

Hybrid View

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points

10 v 10 Map Idea Contest

Create a 10 v 10 map idea to win exciting prizes.

Requirements:

-Map idea must contain map schematic and description.
    -Map idea must contain new game elements, objectives and structures.
    -Map idea can differ from the current linear in-game map mechanics.( Ex: Bridges, ports, transport ships, etc)

Scoring shall be done under following categories(4 x10=40):

- Sheer Effort
    - Novelty
    - Presentation
    - Fun Factor

Prizes
    First Prize - ultimate god pack or 1500 gems (only applicable for extraordinary entry)
    Second Prize - 800 gems ( scores above 25 qualify)
    Third Prize - 400 gems (scores above 15 qualify)

Last date to enter the contest: 30th sep, 2014.
    Prizes shall be delivered by 15th oct, 2014.

There are six contest enteries:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz4...ew?usp=sharing

Contest Results:
    -Duelists Heaven & Multi-Leveled win 400 gems each!!!(Sadly we have no extraordinary entry)
    -There have been pros and cons in each of the ideas but instead of finding shortcomings I focused on the positives.
    -Winners shall share their IGNs.

Last edited by arka222; 10-07-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    start working guys

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    well since this didnt really happen and nobody is putting up ideas im going to share mine even though i dont have any pictures.

my idea for a bigger siege map and game play would be 4 lanes 10v10 or 9v9, but NOT 8v8 this 2 man tandem in each lane already ruined normal siege.

there would be no boundaries going east-west. so if your on the far right lane and you move right you would end up on the far left lane ( if that makes sense ). plus when you hit 100 tickets it spawns 2 siege towers in 2 random lanes so it kind of spreads out the teams durring the siege tower fights.

put 1 siege monsters killing it does the same thing 2 siege towers.

the base would have 2 of the minotars.

yeah i know there are a billion things that could go wrong with it, from lag to games being to long and all the ADHD kids couldnt handle it. but like i said its just a idea.

Senior Member Prestigious VarenWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 813
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class Veteran
    Well I will start working on something now if and see what I can come up with
    Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
    Thomas A. Edison
    Join the Light Side to oppose the Evil Dark

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    A 10v10 mode is pretty much impossible to balance for melee gods, as a teamfight there becomes a clusterfuck of AOEs and there is no reason for you to pick a non ranged god in it. If it's a contest for any type of game mode of any size, I think it would be better and more people will take part.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    The contest is still open. I have prepared an idea as an example only but due to some real life obligations not getting enough time to present it. The contest is open for this month too till September 30
    Fun and Heart

IGN:arka222
    My Vulcan Guide:http://www.smitefire.com/smite/guide...e-of-grit-4029
    Our clan site: www.smitefire.com (SMFG)

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Hello everyone, this is as4mo3 here, and this is my submission to the
    Quote Originally Posted by arka222 View Post
    10 v 10 Map Idea Contest.
    Well, without further ado, let's get started!

Name: Multi-Leveled

Schematic!

General

Basically, this is 3 'floors', with each 'floor' being a full 5v5 conquest map. The only stairs between 'floors' are at each of the Titans, and in the middle of the map. The Titans and Minotaurs are in the spawn area, on the extreme ends of the middle 'floor'.

Towers:

Fire Pit:
    Spawns a fire pit with a radius of 15 in a random location in the tower's area which sets enemy minions and gods on fire if stepped into. Is destroyed when there are more than 10 enemy minions in the area at any one time.

Spawn Tower:
    Spawns an extra 2 minion waves per minute if standing, continually spawns minions while being attacked by gods. Has the same health as normal towers.

Bring back the Minotaur!
    The last line of defense before the Titan. It is the old Minotaur. 'Nuff said.

Order of towers, bottom floor- Standard, Spawn Tower, Phoenix, Stairs.

Order of towers, middle floor- Standard, Fire Pit, Phoenix, Minotaur, Titan.

Order of towers, top floor- Standard, Spawn Tower, Phoenix, Stairs.

Buffs and Objectives

Standard damage, mana, and speed buffs.
    Also includes the old CDR and defense buffs.

Also, the standard Fire Giant and Gold Fury.

Warding Buff

Increases minimap vision by 50%, while allowing each player on the team that defeated the King and Queen of Cyclopes, the defenders, to place 2 standard wards and one sentry ward during the 2 minutes of the buffs' lifetime. Standard Fire Giant spawn times, respawn times, and each Defender has 1.5 times the health and damage of the Gold Fury.

SAB (Super Awesome Buff)

Increases all enemy mana costs and cooldowns by 25%. Lasts for 3 minutes. Respawn: 7 minutes. Original spawn time: 10 minutes. Defended by the King and Queen of furies- both need to be killed in order to get the buff. Each has 1.5 the health and damage of the Fire Giant.

Objective Locations

The SAB (Super Awesome Buff) is on the bottom floor, with the King in the place of the Fire Giant and the Queen in the place of the Gold Fury.

A Fire Giant and a Gold Fury are on the middle floor, in their standard locations. All of the buffs are in their standard locations.

The Warding Buff is on the top floor, with the King in place of the Fire Giant, and the Queen in place of the Gold Fury.

Spawning

Players choose on which floor to spawn on when dead and when backing to base. Players spawn randomly when just starting the game.

Miscellaneous

This map has a day/night feature. During the day, there is standard lighting. During the night, there are practically no lights in lane, and no lights in jungle. Creepy noises galore! The day/night cycle is 10 minutes long (so a full 'day' is 10 minutes long.)

Also, respawns are 10 seconds longer than default if a player was killed by a tower, 15 seconds longer than default if killed by a Pheonix, objective, or camp, and 20 seconds longer than default if killed by a Titan.

Phoenixes do magical damage.

Each person gets one free global teleport per game to any spot on the map, activated by pressing T (default). Each player is teleported the their next ping of the minimap. Right-clicking or pressing T cancels it. If interrupted by damage or CC, it doesn't count as a use. Other players cannot see the ping used to teleport, however.

Meta

The default, or starting meta, which is always subject to change, is this:
    Three junglers, one per floor. Each jungler is also responsible for being a support in the duo lane.
    On the bottom floor, the solo lane is a warrior. The mid lane is a mage, and the support is a tank.
    On the middle floor, the solo lane is a standard solo laner, the middle lane is a mage, and the support is a tank.
    On the top floor, the solo lane is a tank, the middle lane is an assassin, and the support is a warrior.

[VD1D] Defend bottom floor!
    [VD11] Defend left bottom lane!
    [VD12] Defend middle bottom lane!
    [VD13] Defend right bottom lane!

[VD2D] Defend middle floor!
    [VD21] Defend left middle lane!
    [VD22] Defend middle middle lane!
    [VD23] Defend right middle lane!

[VD3D] Defend top floor!
    [VD31] Defend left top lane!
    [VD32] Defend middle top lane!
    [VD33] Defend right top lane!

[VA1A] Attack bottom floor!
    [VA11] Attack left bottom lane!
    [VA12] Attack middle bottom lane!
    [VA13] Attack right bottom lane!

[VA2A] Attack middle floor!
    [VA21] Attack left middle lane!
    [VA22] Attack middle middle lane!
    [VA23] Attack right middle lane!

[VA3A] Attack top floor!
    [VA31] Attack left top lane!
    [VA32] Attack middle top lane!
    [VA33] Attack right top lane!

[VDS1] Defend the SAB King!
    [VDS2] Defend the SAB Queen!
    [VDW1] Defend the Warding King!
    [VDW2] Defend the Warding Queen!

[VDS1] Attack the SAB King!
    [VDS2] Attack the SAB Queen!
    [VDW1] Attack the Warding King!
    [VDW2] Attack the Warding Queen!
    Last edited by as4mo3; 09-30-2014 at 04:52 PM.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Achievements:
    @as4mo3: thanks for the idea, u can edit it till contest closure. Without schematic it's a bit tricky to visualize. I like the night idea, darkness and noises galore!

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Thanks. I'm still working on the schematic.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Will put this here just in case: Supremacy game mode concept

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.