Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Nu Wa Feedback

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Taresh View Post
    Well to be fair... they did say they're going to go into the pro scene. So what the pro's see fit, is what will happen. :/
    And that's how their business model will fail. Pros are less than 1% of 1% of their userbase. People who watch the pros also make up a fairly small margin of users. HiRez tends to make very questionable business decisions judging by their past failures, and this seems to be a shadow of things to come. Populist leaders tend to garner more support. Leaders who only protect special interests who make a small amount of their population tend to gain critics fairly quickly.

I predict her old skin will be revamped and purchasable if they're competent. But come on. These are the same people who think nerfing Hercules' heal by 10% at max rank addressed all the concerns of him two-shotting anyone within 3 levels of them with his push alone while being able to out-tank a pure tank with just two tanking items. They clearly have no idea what they're doing.
    Last edited by RippleApple; 08-09-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Some reasonable suggestions people probably would like to see on the new Nu Wa.

Cosmetic wise:

1) Make her nose and face in general look more Asian at least. I am Chinese and I don't recognize the current Nu Wa from a gypsy, and that was the reason HiRez decided to change it right?

2) Go easy on the make up.

Kit wise:

1) While the passive root is useful, it does not feel like anything special, pragmatic to the point of dullness. In reality doesn't really need a change, but it could use a bit more flavor...

2) Nu Wa's 1 could benefit from having 3 speed settings, it raises the skill cap a little, but brings actual utility both Pro and non-Pro players can use. Change the fog duration to 8 seconds, lower initial damage a bit, but raise continuous damage by a bit.

First speed, the fog simply follows her around at movement speed. Obvious to see and easy to hit since Nu Wa is always at center in this mode, the goal is to reduce footprint on the map around wards and give her ways to move around a bit faster due to Nu Wa having no escape ability as most AP mages often do, and not tanky like Zhong Kui nor have the high burst potential of He Bo. Even AA mage often have some form of mobility that works better.

Second speed, the fog moves forward slowly (slower than currently), meant to do as much damage as possible to stationary targets over time. Also makes create a small zone of control in more narrow spaces, but not nearly as powerful as Ao Kuang.

Third speed, the fog moves a little faster than the current speed, which allows it to be used in more variety of situation due to increased range through the duration and speed, but since initial damage is reduced that only people who linger in the fog or forced to linger in the fog would take significant damage in this mode.

Plus it would make the fog actually more mysterious as the name implies.

3) Nu Wa's 2 sometimes rather chase a minion more than 50 units away than hit an enemy god that it is right next to, there is skill shot, and then there is just no shot due to silly AI behavior sometimes. At a minimum the clay soldiers shouldn't stack on top of each other so much, even if nothing is done about the AI, minions spread out slightly maybe clay soldier can too? There are all kinds of way to solve this one, so best leave it up to devs. The idea of having 2 soldiers on rank 2-4 is also a bit iffy, even if necessary for balance sake.

4) Nu Wa's 3 should be wide enough to fit the indicator (or indicator slim enough to fit the skill), since generally when the clay soldier already move unpredictably, plus players juking, the position often make the shot already unfavorable to begin with, especially when try to target only a single clay soldier. An accurate indication about the width of the shot isn't too much to ask I don't think. Of course, it is really only a problem with the clay soldier stacking too much really, only really need to fix one of the two.

5) Nu Wa's ult is a bit problematic. It is not so much about too strong or too weak, it is that due to the global nature of it, this ult can easily win games at the hand of a pro where a victory shouldn't yet happen. A meta of always banning Nu Wa or always picking Nu Wa is something we probably want to avoid, especially when it is not a skill shot. The map reveal is great and offers huge tactical advantage as well as the on-hit effects with the right items, but at higher level play or pro scenes an extra kill or two after a team fight can easily turn into a winning move, and aegis is usually already used in those situations. Of course, that could be off set by counter picks, but it is not even close to being reliable.

Maybe Nu wa's ult damage shouldn't be so straight forward but have a bit of conditional complexity to it. Global ult isn't always bad, it all depend on what type of design it is.

Junior Member Cupidhead Pavapizza's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosai View Post
    5) Nu Wa's ult is a bit problematic. It is not so much about too strong or too weak, it is that due to the global nature of it, this ult can easily win games at the hand of a pro where a victory shouldn't yet happen. A meta of always banning Nu Wa or always picking Nu Wa is something we probably want to avoid, especially when it is not a skill shot. The map reveal is great and offers huge tactical advantage as well as the on-hit effects with the right items, but at higher level play or pro scenes an extra kill or two after a team fight can easily turn into a winning move, and aegis is usually already used in those situations. Of course, that could be off set by counter picks, but it is not even close to being reliable.

Maybe Nu wa's ult damage shouldn't be so straight forward but have a bit of conditional complexity to it. Global ult isn't always bad, it all depend on what type of design it is.
    agreed. played many arena games with nu wa as opponent and me using hun batz. getting killed really often when i was just trying to return to base, the nu wa just respawn then cast her ult. the arena gate at my sight, but i saw that damn seal, i was like "ah fuck", then nu wa killed me. its not fun when its 100% kill rate with my aegis on CD. we can even dodge thana or body block neith, but not her. she almost always has her ways.

i dont mind global but at least dodgable.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...Nu-Wa-Ult-Idea

Mods moved this out of this subforum. Was hoping to get feedback on it. Please click, I think it's a really good idea.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bluechacho's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Rienhardt View Post
    Well I must say I'm disappointed. I used to play her all the time. She was an oddly shaped little puzzle piece but she could really fit in about every team comp. She had effecting support, buffing, and with clay soldiers, even tanking abilities. The temporary buffs given by her abilities gave some real strategy in play and made her deceptively powerful. Not to mention the reward for getting all of them active. The naga shape looked and felt powerful. You felt accomplished. Now... Now she's a mid-lane mage with high area damage. Not to mention they made her once strong voice into something like a highschooler and attempted to give her more sex appeal. Overall I'm just unhappy with the change. She had been one of my favorite gods.
    Amen. Hi-Rez apparently lovesto take good gods (Herc, Nu Wa) and destroy them for obscene reasons.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead zinazharion's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    i do nothing but arena assult starting back to conquest after a break and if i see nu wa its mostly easy to avoid her then again i play vulcan and usualy end up laughing as he rminions keep going for my turret and she cant kill me with a stun AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    these fourms remind me every day that having fun is illegal in this game

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Left4Dinner View Post
    I would love to see a 5 person Nu Wa team. Have to wait for a MOTD for it, but then again, I'm always interested in hypothetical sets like All god X vs all god Y
    I played that game once in a MOTD, It was assault mode, and we just stomped them. A wall of clay soldiers shutting everything down, and a 5 way ulti just wrecked them.

Senior Member Honoured Vorleser's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Party Person 10000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluechacho View Post
    Amen. Hi-Rez apparently lovesto take good gods (Herc, Nu Wa) and destroy them for obscene reasons.
    amen. No more "let me show you true power" before a smack down of autoattacks

Junior Member Cupidhead PulseStopper's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    New nuwa is so much funner

Senior Member Chosen Boatmurdered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,232
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofBriton View Post
    I played that game once in a MOTD, It was assault mode, and we just stomped them. A wall of clay soldiers shutting everything down, and a 5 way ulti just wrecked them.
    Have a video somewhere of doing that on joust map with 5 Nu Wa's on a match of the day. It was like a zombie invasion...with clay soldiers.
    I made this god idea tell me how bad it is, yo!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...ess-of-Disease

Finally I make mediocre youtube videos of me playing Smite...mostly of Vulcan.....cough
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNinjaBurger