Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Heavy Hammer/Frostbound balance?

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GooseWhimsey View Post
    I would have to agree that Dota 2 does in fact have a better item system than Smite. Again, with the eye of skaldi reference, it IS a very powerful item, but it also takes a long time to build, and each tier takes longer to get to, making the tiers more meaningful. I have played probably 500+ games in Dota 2, and I have never been able to complete a build with 5 of the BEST items I could get my hands on plus boots. It will never happen, the gold earning rate is much slower, you lose gold on deaths, and you don't get gold for being near minions when they die, you HAVE to last hit. With Smite, I can have all the best items for my god in under twenty minutes, EASY. However, in Smite's defense, building items is a much more user friendly experience, but the cheap items and lack of variety I feel hold the game back and seriously hold back any creativity involved in building gods.

I however, While wanting Smite to maintain its own flavor, i wish that Smite would follow in the footsteps of item variety available in Dota 2 or LoL. Both games have many more items, they both have a much slower gold earning rate, and the builds vary wildly from each hero/champion to another
    Item build diversity is only lacking for adc's in general.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Bluechacho's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Item build diversity is only lacking for adc's in general.
    I firmly disagree. Having played my fair share of DotA, I can attest to the system being so much better. It's really something you have to play other MOBAs to understand. There are so many items, you'll find that you can properly equip for any given situation.

Meanwhile, counter building in Smite is limited to "build my normal build unless the enemies have potent healing, then throw a Weakening Curse/Divine Ruin/BBS in the mix". This item system lacks the sheer adaptability of DotA, when it could be so much more.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    The problem is Heavy Hammers balance, even if Frostbound Hammer was buffed, Heavy Hammer would still be the same unbalanced item. What that needs to be done to it is to lower the slow to 15% or raise the price by 110 Gold (1100-1210) that way, you cant start it in conquest because you wont have Hog.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    The problem is Heavy Hammers balance, even if Frostbound Hammer was buffed, Heavy Hammer would still be the same unbalanced item. What that needs to be done to it is to lower the slow to 15% or raise the price by 110 Gold (1100-1210) that way, you cant start it in conquest because you wont have Hog.
    The problem with this is that it would go from an item that can be picked to an item that won't ever be picked up. Someone before said it perfectly. If Heavy Hammer receives the nerf bat then it falls into the useless category because of the stats. Don't get me wrong, I know Heavy Hammer is unbalanced as you can basically keep up with your target as they run early game by just auto attacking.

My proposal would be something like this:
    Cudgel - Costs 800 Gold / +150 HP / 15 Power / 15 Physical Protection.
    Heavy Hammer - Costs 900 Gold / +300 HP / 30 Power / 30 Physical Protection / Slows movement speed for 25% for 1 second on hit.
    Frostbound Hammer - Costs 1100 Gold / +450 HP / 45 Power / 45 Physical Protection / Slows movement speed by 30% for 2 seconds on hit.
    Total cost = 2800

This would basically combine Frostbound Hammer line and Runeforged Hammer line at an increase cost. This item would mainly be for Warriors as I see it. The important thing to not would be the 800 cost on Cudgel. This would allow something like Cudgel+hog+t1 boots+2health pots or hog2 instead of t1 boots and etc.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 809
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Those changes would make it a must-have for warriors and most assassins.

450hp, 45 physical protections, 45 phys power, and 30% enemy movement slow on basic attack.

From what i understand you also mean to merge the runforged hammer with the fbh, removing it and its passive which would just reduce the number of options available, which is not really what smite needs.