Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nu Wa (8/1/14 Patch) New Feedback Thread

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Arisuneko's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdurous View Post
    Same I think I am going to retire for awhile until this is resolved. This is absolutely ridiculous that they destroy such and awesome god. Whoever is doing the new art needs to be fired. The old Nu Wa was a master piece, the new one is a pathetic brothel whore.
    I'm afraid hi-rez won't care much but I will do the same.

The only thing remotely good about new Nu Wa is the her icon. Even if her skill set was amazing (which it isn't) I wouldn't care because I simply want Nu Wa back the way she was before.

Junior Member Cupidhead Verdurous's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneSoul View Post
    They did give a reason for the remodel. They claimed that the Chinese playerbase didn't recognize her as the Nu Wa from their religion so it was requested to change, and the kit was changed to address to her broken backdooring and splitpushing power.
    Yes because the Chinese playbase has a Caucasian ginger god that destroys things. Not a mender of the heavens with pillars to support them. seriously man?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by g1itch View Post
    Thanks for the info. It still doesn't change the fact that people's money should be refunded.
    Well look at it from their perspective, you purchase a god more then 4 or 5 months ago or when they're released do you really think they should get a refund? Reworks happen in almost all games, not just MOBA's.

Achievements:
    Yes because the Chinese playbase has a Caucasian ginger god that destroys things. Not a mender of the heavens with pillars to support them. seriously man?
    If you were of any religion and you saw a god portrayed as something that doesn't remotely represent them, don't you think you'd be offended too?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Taresh View Post
    Well look at it from their perspective, you purchase a god more then 4 or 5 months ago or when they're released do you really think they should get a refund? Reworks happen in almost all games, not just MOBA's.
    It's hardly even a rework. They completely removed Nu Wa from the game and made a new god. They can't offer a product and then just replace it with something else and time won't justify that either.

If you were of any religion and you saw a god portrayed as something that doesn't remotely represent them, don't you think you'd be offended too?
    Yeah. Only that this argument does in no way apply to Nu Wa. And ironically asian players complain as well.
    Last edited by Arisuneko; 08-05-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Achievements:
    You are telling me a Caucasian Ginger remotely represents Nu Wa? Are you out of your mind? She's the mender of the heavens with the pillars supported them. Her voice was amazing, now it's horrible. Now she just burns and destroys things.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisuneko View Post
    It's hardly even a rework. They completely removed Nu Wa from the game and made a new god. They can't offer a product and then just replace it with something else and time won't justify that either.
    So.... a rework? Do you know the definition of rework?

"To make changes to something, especially in order to make it more up to date." .... you may not like the new nu-wa but she does look like as she was portrayed in ancient times. Infact her old model didn't look like anything that has been found in drawings or depictions of her.

You are telling me a Caucasian Ginger remotely represents Nu Wa? Are you out of your mind? She's the mender of the heavens with the pillars supported them. Her voice was amazing, now it's horrible. Now she just burns and destroys things.
    What? Where did I say that? I'm saying that if a good portion of your playerbase was upset about a god you made, you would change something too

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Taresh people have the right to be upset. Especially those who found Nu Wa to be their favorite. HiRez is being VERY disrespectful towards their paying customers by radically changing product that they already sold. They deserve to pay the consequences and they will. All these slaps to the face add up to a tiny player base. Nobody can change that it will happen regardless of what anyone thinks or wants.

Achievements:
    So.... a rework? Do you know the definition of rework?

"To make changes to something, especially in order to make it more up to date." .... you may not like the new nu-wa but she does look like as she was portrayed in ancient times. Infact her old model didn't look like anything that has been found in drawings or depictions of her.

What? Where did I say that? I'm saying that if a good portion of your playerbase was upset about a god you made, you would change something too
    There is a big difference between making something up to date and changing it beyond recognition

Really? Because it seems "a good portion of the playerbase" is upset with the new Nu Wa. And how does it require a new skill set when all they wanted is to change her appearance?

Achievements:
    That's funny an even larger portion of the playerbase is upset about the new nu wa.

Only thing in common with the old one is name. Has nothing in common with lore either. A Caucasian ginger wrapped in a rag that has a no skill auto aim ult. LoL copy and paste, instead of something that required timing and skill to pull off.

The only complaint you ever heard about nu wa was that she took down towers too fast. So tweak it, don't absolutely change her in everything but name.

If anything call the new god Fu-His or Fu Xi, the other snake woman.

Nu Wa is the repairer of the heavens, or the pillar of heaven. She's not a ginger in a rag. She is a half snake goddess.