Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Why did they do this to Nu wa?
    “ Remember: What Cupid gives, Cupid takes away.”

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Everyone that had purchased the Nu Wa skins and voice pack before the change should get a refund on their money. Clearly this is not what they purchased. Clearly this is not what they wanted.

Junior Member Cupidhead SaintofVirtue's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Repped! Third Class
    Agreed. I purchased the VP as well as the Golden and Amethyst skins. None of which is going to be used. That's right. The new voicepack is SO BAD, I turned it off.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 324
    I played Nu Wa very often and i have her on legendary, i like the skills more now but her body.. rly.. like most who said it: a copy of Aphro, just put correctly clothes who fit to her mythology on her and not a tiny piece of cloth what she makes her looking like a whore

other gods should get a rework instead of Nu Wa: Arachne, Loki, Bakasura, maybe Fenrir a updating and Bacchus
    Last edited by Djula; 08-05-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Achievements:
    Some reasons why this happened, some real and some sarcastic.
    People were complaining that she destroys towers too quickly.
    Snake form made it too hard to create more skins to sell.
    She wasn't exactly the same as all the other mages.
    Her voice pack was like a boss making the others seem crappy.

But the #1 reason is because developers do not care enough to do it right.

Old Nu Wa should still exist. Players that bought things for old Nu Wa should get the same things for new Nu Wa. However, the skins and voice pack for old Nu Wa should forever be Impossible to get making them exclusive to those that bought them before the change.

Old Nu Wa should be unavailable for league and tournyment play but still playable for casual play.

New Nu Wa Is playable in both league and casual play.

This way means that players don't get ripped off, developers can preserve their vision for the game and tweaks will have less consequences than overhauls for developers which will protect customers from unnecessary or radical changes.
    Last edited by g1itch; 08-05-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Repair

Junior Member Cupidhead Drosera's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 108
    From what i have seen so far 1 is bugged dmg wont proc when you hit them with it but on a timer making extra ticks go off on them harder. 2 the AI is just annoying as fuck they seem to be going for ANYTHING but gods atm. And 3 i always seem to fully blow up my golems no matter what i try its alrdy hard enough to get them to hit a god as it is why would i want to blow them all up then as well and reduce my overall dmg? And i hate the passive and the ult they are boring extreemly so to me. See no point in a root as the 1 moves to fast for extra ticks and as its from what it seems on a timer for the procs chance are i only get the one hit anyways. And the ult i hate Karthus and i now hate Nu Wa.

Junior Member Cupidhead Verdurous's Avatar
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Achievements:
    I know, she was perfect before...

She looked like an amazing snake queen, now she's just a ginger in a burlap bag with boobs hanging out.

She had a voice pack that sounded amazing, now she is more annoying than Athena.

She took a lot of skill to land an ult was super helpful in team fights and had a hand escape, Now she has lame auto aim ult.

They have taken my favorite god who I have legends, and bought everything for and ruined her. They literally took her and shit all over her until she is no longer recognizable. They should have just said they were removing nu wa from the game, and introducing a new god, called Lameness.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I like the new Nu Wa mostly even though I will also miss the old one.

What I don't like/would like to see changed:

The passive. Her old passive was a piece of Art. You had one active at any time and got another passive effect after using the appropriate ability, and if you time your moves right, you can refresh every duration while also transform into a badass Snake Woman. Nu Wa isn't an AA based Mage anymore and I am okay with that, but they could have kept that passive the way it is and just exchange a few effects.

Her Ultimate. I think in time I will get used to the new Ult, especially since it really isn't the first global ability in this game. But her old ultimate was just another piece of Art that I will heavily miss. The worst thing about it is that it would fit even better into her new kit than into her old one. They should add the Cage back as her Ultimate and exchange her 3 with a fire ball instead. Or, to stay true to her old kit, make it a ground targeter again.

Her Voicepack, yeah, I miss the old one as well, but the new one isn't exactly horrible, so I can deal with that.

Designwise, I like how her walking animation looks somewhat slithery.

Achievements:
    The thing is they could have taken this new kit and made a new goddess with it rather than overhaul an existing goddess with an existing fan base. If Nu Wa was out of balance than tweak her into balance.

What they are doing when giving an existing god an overhaul is no different than buying a Ford Mustang that you really like and once you have paid for it having Ford Motor company go Surprise! your Mustang is now a Fiesta!

Overhauls without a refund should be against the law. It isn't much different than a "Bait and Switch" in form fit or function.

Senior Member Chosen DirtyDiggler's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    RIP my only legendary God. Smite is making me not want to play smite. IF its not broke dont fix it
    “ Remember: What Cupid gives, Cupid takes away.”