Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Nu Wa (8/1/14 Patch) New Feedback Thread

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NorthPaladin's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Nu Wa used to win matches and she was played at times even among the pros. Just because she was hard to use doesn't mean she was useless. She had her uses.

She's still useful now but she's way too easy to play for such a damaging ult. It's easy for her to contribute in teamfights while not actually being in them, it's easy for her to get fed without any actual effort on her part, and if she gets fed she can knock down a quarter of the entire enemy team's health. How do you counter that? Aegis. Which also coincidentally happens to be how you counter Loki. Is there really any wonder, then, why so many players pick Loki when a Nu Wa is on their side? One or the other gets free reign on the enemy team, gets fed, and becomes impossible to deal with.

You had a below-average god then, but now you have an incredible annoyance. HiRez made a huge mistake with that ult. They keep nerfing her kit, but think about it for a second. That means she's being made into a god that's only good at one thing-- kill securing. She's simply too good at that to be ignored. What was the old Nu Wa good at? Split-pushing. And that's pretty much it. Her kit was weak because she could split-push so well.

They're making her exactly as she was before, only instead of being good at split-pushing she's good at kill-securing. That, and the skill level involved in her kit is significantly lower. At least split-pushing was risky. Her ult now has no risk whatsoever attached to it.

People like to hold up Neith's ult as an unmissable, but she has to stand perfectly still while channeling it which leads to a lot of Neith deaths. People also like to hold up Xbalanque's ult, but that doesn't eat up a third of your health late-game and doesn't give him cc immunity and most importantly doesn't force you to use aegis or beads to dodge its stun. People also like to hold up Nemesis's ult as unmissable, but that's single-target and can be cast on the wrong target at times. People like to hold up Serqet's ult as not being consumed when used and missed, but it can hit minions and unless you're 1v1ing the target it's very easy to kill her in the time it takes to use it as she stands still in that time and she's incredibly fragile.

So to put it bluntly, there's not a single skill like Nu Wa's ult in the game and her ult is the whole reason why so many players play her. It's also impossible to counter when a Loki is also on the enemy team because you only have one aegis active for two enemies, which essentially means guaranteed death whenever it's down and you're low on health. Aegis doesn't even completely block a competent Loki player as-is, so it's spread even further thin.

Nu Wa's ult's existence makes her unbalanced. Nerfing the rest of her kit is leading to certain problems, and no matter how much they try to nerf her kit it's not going to make a difference. Having visibility on top of the damage just breaks it even further. It's just plain unfair.
    I still find her voice and appearance more retarded than the skillset; but the skillset is boring as hell imho. I like how people complained about Ao's tornadoes being too strong for the purpose of zoning and damage but they're fine with this 'Frank Miller' level rework's damage output on the instagib combo and lolderp ulti. But as stated before, I seriously doubt they'll do anything about her at this point since their fanboys in China seem happy about the way she looks and plays. Which is also why I'm afraid they'll ignore any attempt by the community to rectify their mistake.
    Every time a Nu Wa dies, Freddy Mercury fist pumps.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthPaladin View Post
    I still find her voice and appearance more retarded than the skillset; but the skillset is boring as hell imho. I like how people complained about Ao's tornadoes being too strong for the purpose of zoning and damage but they're fine with this 'Frank Miller' level rework's damage output on the instagib combo and lolderp ulti. But as stated before, I seriously doubt they'll do anything about her at this point since their fanboys in China seem happy about the way she looks and plays. Which is also why I'm afraid they'll ignore any attempt by the community to rectify their mistake.
    Her damage helped along with the fact that her penetration allow her to deliver true damage very early on and remain that way. Most mages have to give up game changin item passive, power or CDR to reach her level of innate pen.

Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Her damage helped along with the fact that her penetration allow her to deliver true damage very early on and remain that way. Most mages have to give up game changin item passive, power or CDR to reach her level of innate pen.
    I really could care less about the mechanics of why she is made of utter crap; I will continue my hatred towards the character and actively reject anyone playing her and reflect every bit of disgust the character invokes onto the people playing her.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthPaladin View Post
    I really could care less about the mechanics of why she is made of utter crap; I will continue my hatred towards the character and actively reject anyone playing her and reflect every bit of disgust the character invokes onto the people playing her.
    That's a little bit harsh....
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Senior Member Chosen CaptainDoomsday's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    Only a bit, though. Outside of Assault, you CHOOSE to play New Wa, meaning that you want to play the character with 0 skill requirement and lean on a freekill ult rather than literally anyone else. It's also a pretty sharp slap in the face to fans of Old Wa. Just trying is excusable, but it hurts seeing people voluntarily play that scumbag.
    It's just a sign of poor sportsmanship, I guess.
    Last edited by CaptainDoomsday; 10-20-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    I try to play a game to enjoy myself, considering she makes me feel horrible even when I mute the sound. Which leads me to be hostile towards anyone playing her as they are actively making me feel considerably worse than when that abomination isn't in the game. And if it's so wrong to be disgusted with her after her rework, then I choose to blame the people who reworked her, pushed for her rework and who are trying to silence those people who don't approve of it.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    I kind of wish the old Wa was back, but it doesn't matter.
    I never really played the old Nu Wa, but when a friend played her she was so beast because she would distract the enemies from the real stuff: us pushing mid while she pushed another lane. It was either defend mid or face the scary lady with the minions ;-;
    Now she's just... press 2, click, press 3, aim in general direction of the soldiers, click, instantly 70% of enemy health gone. Poof, bye bye, see ya around.
    I was kind of confused in my first match against New Wa. I saw that ult, and I took 800 dmg, and then I realized: She has the BIGGEST noskill ultimate in the game. Before the nerf, she could LITERALLY get triples and quads in arena by dropping soldiers, shooting her metal at the enemy team, and pressing 4. Now, it's a little less, but is still a mega no-skill ult.
    I can understand a few ultimates that insta-lock onto an enemy's face. Nemesis' is so hard to land, and due to that fact it won't activate without a target. Artemis' (despite the fact that it has a massive AoE, stuns, makes her CC immune, AND does a pretty hefty amount of damage) ultimate is balanced because there's always a chance someone could, say, get out, or pop beads/aegis. This is basically an aegis-force on a shorter cooldown than said aegis. It wouldn't be so bad... If she had to aim said noskill ultimate instead of a "press 4 receive penta 95% of the time".
    It requires skill to use to the full effect, but seriously, you can "secure" kills from across the map with this ultimate, all while being nearly immune to all damage and CC. And it reveals enemies.
    The ult needs a rework and her 2-3 combo could use either a damage reduction, area reduction, or make it harder to use.
    Seriously, I don't even play the "pick any god" MOTDs anymore, because 100% of them since the remodel have been all Nu Was and they ALL destroyed us. How? Every single one pressed 4 in rapid succession, and they took turns getting triples and quads.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.