Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nu Wa (8/1/14 Patch) New Feedback Thread

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

Nu Wa (8/1/14 Patch) New Feedback Thread

Strength Of Wood - Passive
    After 5 successful basic attacks, Nu Wa's next basic attack will root enemies.

Mysterious Fog
    Nu Wa condenses moisture into fog at her location which then rolls forward away from her. She and all allies are stealthed while inside the fog, and have increased movement speed. Attacking breaks the stealth effect. Enemies that run into the fog take 50/100/150/200/250 + 50% of her magical power as damage, and continue to take 20% of that damage again every second they are in the fog. Cooldown 15s. Cost 70/75/80/85/90.

Clay Soldiers
    Nu Wa conjures Clay Soldiers from the earth. These soldiers have health equal to 200 plus 20% of Nu Wa's maximum health, and deal 20/30/40/50/60 damage with basic attacks. Enemies hit by their initial charge will take damage and have their magical protections reduced by 5/10/15/20/25 for 2s. Cooldown 18s. Cost 60/70/80/90/100.

Shining Metal
    Nu Wa launches a mass of shining metal, dealing 90/140/190/240/290 + 50% of her magical power to all enemies it hits. If it hits one of her Clay Soldiers, it explodes, dealing 40/80/120/160/200 in additional damage and stunning enemies for 1/1.2/1.4/1.8/2s. Cooldown 10. Cost 60.

Fire Shards
    Nu Wa flies up into the clouds, gaining visibility on all enemy gods, and summoning fire shards from the sky to deal 100/175/250/325/400 + 50% of her magical power as damage to each of them. Cooldown 110. Cost 100.

Community feedback:

• Shining metal and clay soldiers generally considered balanced.
    • Some want to minorly nerf Nu Wa's ultimate
    • Most people thing her passive is dull
    • Mysterious fog is generally considered balanced.
    • BOOBS

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    (Tears down Nu Wa fan poster)

Junior Member Cupidhead SaintofVirtue's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Repped! Third Class
    You may also wish to mention "Many dislike new Voice pack and character model."

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I do like these new abilities, as Nu Wa will be more powerful and more useful in battle. You can't really kill anyone unless you use her 3 (which is SUPER hard to hit on a god that can juke), her basic attacks, and her ult. Even then, her ult does minimal damage and is pretty much useless. I wish these abilities kept to Nu Wa's lore. She brought balance back to the Heavens.

Oh well, too late i guess since the patch is on PTS and is probably near deployment. Though her passive could def use a change. The root is just meh.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Canarchiste's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    In Team fight you begin with ulti then do your 3 and then just transform you in snake form. With AS/Ap stuff, you will be a killer machine in teamfight. With the old one.

I really don't like the new ulti, i really don't like the new 1 skill hability, and i don't understand this passiv which doesn't fit with the new style (not AA base anymore :'( ).

Junior Member Cupidhead Ormalash's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Achievements:
    the thing i dont understand is why does her fog dont stick to her anymore ?.? why you throw her passive away with something bad ... a root ... that's just a bad idea. well in fact why did you do a new character ?.? with the skin of aphro ?.?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Her voice is terrible. Why change her voice when the old one was unique? Now she'll be lumped into the pile of female voices that sound exactly the same. I agree entirely with Ormalash. She is Aphrodite tweaked to a different pose with better animations. Too many aspects of Nu Wa's outfit, pose, hair, and colors match Aphrodite's. Her chest is even as large. I thought they redid Aphro at first because of her secondary recolor. Why not just make her a snake full time? I know that idea has been circling. What a let down to one of my favorite characters.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    I understand, though I dislike, Nu-Wa's readjustment, but the cosmetic changes have no substantiation in mythology. Also, her costume and design looks Roman, if anything. Shouldn't she look something like she does in ANY of the pre-modern drawings of her?

Nu-Wa's lore is multifarious, as she is known for being a creator and repairer of heavens, but as many versions of her myth say when she is repairing the heavens "Then Nuwa melted rocks of five colours and used them to mend the cracks in the sky." I guess the hovering colours are supposed to represent this, but her staff did a better job of showing them as gems.

I don't see why her PIllars of Heaven ult had to be replaced, as it was a nice reference to her creating the four pillars to support the heavens. I do like the visual change of showing her in the air with a serpent body, as that is another version of the repair myth.

I like that her soldiers remain, though I'd like to see some reference to the vine she used in creation.
    Her new 3, Metal Shards, has no basis in mythology, as she is not depicted as a destroyer god anywhere. While the mechanic is interesting, there should at least be a way to change what she is doing with her creations to something constructive or creative instead of destroying them.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Arisuneko's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    Why change a god that is working perfectly as it is?

My feedback:

New skill set is terrible and takes away her unique play style.

New voice pack sounds generic and emotionless. (And I think she says Minotaur instead of Titan?)

The new skin should be optional. Again: too generic.

In short: I can't stand her.

Junior Member Cupidhead SaintofVirtue's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Achievements:
    7 days registered Repped! Third Class
    My biggest problem... Is she feels rushed. VERY rushed.

Tweak Aphrodites model and pose. Give her a sash wrapped like osirus' bandages.
    Just color swap Aphrodite's Majestrix palette for the new Amethyst.
    Take some lady give her a script and read it for the new Voice pack.

Turn her mist into a straight boring shot.
    Turn her ult into a boring hit all. (I will also add the animation for it is a little clunky but that might be the stream)
    Turn her passive into a 5 aa rotation. (How many gods in Smite have effects happen after X hits? I know at least Apollo, Cupid and Fenrir)
    All of these I would imagine are quite "easy" to program. After all they have the data for prior gods.

About the only thing that feels like it has thought is the exploding minions. BUT I think it was being thought out for a different god and got crammed into her skill set. Nu Wa was a creator and as above mentioned, this makes her a destroyer.

All in all... It feel rushed. VERY rushed. Which is just the insult to the injury of having her removed.