Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who thinks Ra is broken?

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 352

Am I the only one who thinks Ra is broken?

Ra is insane, and not in a good way. His 1 ability one shots whole waves, his 3 can take 5 people from 50% life all the way back up to full, especially broken in Assault, and on top of these two OP abilities his ult also does crazy long range burst. At the very least I feel the heal needs to be removed, but even than I feel like he would still be stronger than the other gods. Why is he so imbalanced?

Senior Member Honoured Baphomelt's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    His 1 is his wave clear.
    His 2 needs him to be really, really close to the target so it can be effective.
    His 3 heals >slowly<, which means that if a whole team is standing by and watching Ra's team get healed it your own team's fault.
    His 4 is one of the most easily missable ults of the entire game.

Ra has no escapes. He has no hard CC. Is too damn mana hungry and roots himself everytime he ults.

... How is that broken? It doesn't break the game mechanics and can be totally outplayed.

Senior Member Chosen DirtyDiggler's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    RA requires skill to be good with. If you think RA is broken, then every god in the game is broken.
    “ Remember: What Cupid gives, Cupid takes away.”

Junior Member Cupidhead FireFlood's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Ra is definitly NOT Brocken. As my poster above said you need skill to play him as "broken". But if someone mains as example Kali she also would be broken for you. I saw already some Ra-Player who really couldn't play him because he needs to be close to the enemy but those players where too close and dies everytime.

In my opinion: Nope, he isn't!

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    You're suffering a common case of Mobacharphobia, which usually happens when you constantly meets a specific char being played so well, that he will look OP or broken. It usually happens to new people in the game, and can be easily healed by increasing your playing skills and giving tour character a better build.

Junior Member Cupidhead FlamingPhoenixz's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    Mobacharphobia
    I actually googled this word you got me!

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,724
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    i miss the days when his 1 could hit you 3 times in a row if you ran away from it.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Agni, Ao Kuang, Anubis, and pretty much every other mage in the game can decimate minion waves with one spell, it isn't specific to Ra. Ra's heal happens over time and forces those that wish to use it to be stationary. Overall Ra can be a useful god, but half of his arsenal requires decent kill to actually land and he has no hard CC or escapes.

I hate to break it to you, but as everyone else has already posted, Ra's not broken. He's far from it.

Senior Member Infamous Myrkulyte's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Party Person Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Ummm.. I think his 2 blind is form of CC.

I love Ra, is the only god with who I can beat Chaac, so why nerf him? Ra is so good.
    To my shame I was bad at playing Ra in the beggining and I let him rot after I made my mastery point with him. But after I played some matches against Pro Ra players and I saw how to use him, what can I say Ra is soooo goood.

After that biased comment let`s go to business.
    Ra is a pusher, so he must kill that minion wave fast, so his 1 is ok, usually, he can hit you with his 1 only if point blank, if me manage to hit you from afar is your fault. Usually, his 1 comes comboed with his 2 for more damage.
    His 2 is what makes Ra so elusive, his passive, and his slows are a pain in the ass when you want to gank early game and mid game, but is his only escape.
    His 3 is for sustain, is usually used for Poke, in the early game, the heal is modest, and in late game is as strong as Ao kuang tornadoes, and I think is weaker than Aphro heal.
    His 4 is his snipe. usually it`s used to fastly clear a wave and go to base, or to kill someone who recalls with low HP. In teamfights, if well placed can be devastating

In conclusion, if you know how to put those abilities to good use you can be a beast. More importantly, he is mana hungry, I ad games where with tahuty, Book of thoth and BOV I still went OOM, so....

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Remove minion healing (in general) and everything is fine.