Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on Nu Wa's remodel: Unneccessary

Senior Member Chosen DirtyDiggler's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    still needs to look Chinese rather then White.
    “ Remember: What Cupid gives, Cupid takes away.”

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Canarchiste's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Veteran
    This is my second post (), i came just for that : PLEASE HI REZ, LET US KEEP AT LEAST THE OLD ONE.

This one just looks like an Aphrodite Skin. More sexualized, more white, less... Well... Personnality. The only good point i see is the details, there is more of them (i really like the flying crystals in the in game pic). But this is a lambda greek skin.

So please, Hi Rez, watch the Smite facebook reactions, listen to us, don't erase the old skin. Rework this one to make it a part of the chinese pantheon with more personnality would be great too, but at least let us keep the old one.
    Please. Please.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I like how people are complaining how sexualized it is. At least its more artsy with the wraps instead of the skimpy tacky snake clothes and the stupid high heels. She looked like a hooker. You can't call something when it wasn't much better before. I like it, so go back to r/smite and cry with those other neckbeards. I will agree it was unnecessary, nu wa did not need a remodel.

Junior Member Cupidhead SkyOrchid's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 365
    I like it. Old Nu Wa seemed a little out of place, honestly, both in kit and design. She's a creation goddess and I feel her new look reflects that, while old Nu Wa was like a stripper lamia thing. Not to mention her snake form looked kinda derpy when she was slithering around.

Senior Member Honoured Ginrikuzuma's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 458
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomelt View Post
    That said, no one's better then a chinese to tell how a chinese god should look. She might not be the perfect representation of Nu Wa, but that model is by far more accurate than her actual one.
    I agreed with the rest of your statement except this line.

Need I remind you that Christians love to think Jesus was white when he was from the Middle East?

Need I remind you that the Hindus were mad about the more accurate original depiction of Kali before she was redone?

Personally I'm split on the remodeling but I might like the new Nu wa like you said its more closer to the lore.

Senior Member Honoured Baphomelt's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginrikuzuma View Post
    I agreed with the rest of your statement except this line.

Need I remind you that Christians love to think Jesus was white when he was from the Middle East?

Need I remind you that the Hindus were mad about the more accurate original depiction of Kali before she was redone?

Personally I'm split on the remodeling but I might like the new Nu wa like you said its more closer to the lore.
    Actually I totally agree with you and you have a point there, especially on Kali. xD

I hope people do realize that they're against a remodel because they are used to think about Nu Wa that way, and not because she SHOULD look that way and HiRez decided to ruin her. All I see is complainings about "she doesn't look chinese anymore", "she doesn't look sexy anymore" and stuff like that. So people are more attached to a sexy chick in high heels and massive cleavage than WHAT that chick should actually represents with her looks and personality.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead PimpPoweR's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    A mod please close this thread he already posted this on reddit....

And I like the new model is 100 times better then the old one nice remodel HiRez keep it up.....

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    "I have no strong feelings one way or the other."
    Why for god X so good?! OP! Broken!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    You're suffering a common case of Mobacharphobia, which usually happens when you constantly meets a specific char being played so well, that he will look OP or broken. It usually happens to new people in the game, and can be easily healed by increasing your playing skills and giving tour character a better build.
    "Do not dwell in the ocean too long, unless you desire to become it."

LoL: Dread Shade
    PSN: bling3
    Steam: white zombe

New Member Cupidhead FuriousMing's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomelt View Post
    I hope people do realize that they're against a remodel because they are used to think about Nu Wa that way, and not because she SHOULD look that way and HiRez decided to ruin her. All I see is complainings about "she doesn't look chinese anymore", "she doesn't look sexy anymore" and stuff like that. So people are more attached to a sexy chick in high heels and massive cleavage than WHAT that chick should actually represents with her looks and personality.
    I am not too attached to the old model either... but how does a naked woman with snake for lower body translates into a hippy white chick with nice legs and towel around her? How is that anymore accurate to her traditional depiction than the old model?

Look.. its a game, I don't expect them to 100% accurately represent any god's image.. but from a game aesthetic point of view this design is just boring. When you have all these gods belonging to these cool distinct pantheon, it defeats the purpose when a chinese god doesn't look chinese. If they want to go down that route why not make a black odin? or a indian poseidon (he can totally get a captain nemo skin)? And when I mean making her look more chinese I don't mean racist crap like just give her some slant eyes and call it a day.. do some research into what kinds of design and motifs is common to the culture in that era. I absolutely condone slutty sexy outfits, but put some creativity into it instead of just purely showing skin... sometimes what you don't see is way sexier than showing too much.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    IMO her old model is way more sexualizing. She has gigantic cleavage, a dress that doesn't even cover her butt cheeks (When she jumps you can see her crack) and she has knee high high heeled boots.

In the new model I don't see as that bad. Maybe lacks personality (just a plain yellow towel) but as for the skin, I don't view it as that bad.
    Last edited by FrozenValkyr; 07-31-2014 at 02:44 AM.