Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaac Feedback Thread

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Xerguilhem's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    As Chaac being my main, I can tell that he has his OPnesses.

You can't easily avoid his 1 ( atleast with me you can't ), and it serves as a very, very powerfull poke, either on lane or arena, at max rank around level 12, you can deal 300-400 per hit (approx. and no defenses included).

His 2 is a wave clear way, or a "kill-secure" one. The defenses aren't that high, to be fair enough with, if you want to save yourself from a dangerous situation... this isn't going to work... yeah.

His 3 is a good heal, even in rank 2 (rank 1 sucks for mid-game), and the slows it provides when you're in arena to get kills for your teammates or yourself, it's outstanding.

The ultimate, might seem weak, but my trick to it? Always use your 1, it gives a knockback CC and some more damage, I definetely get tons of assists and kills with this Money Maker. Besides damage CC Imunity? Outblastingly surprisingly Chaac.

Chaac's not supposed to have a high mobility as some claimed here, he is supposed to be a heavy brawler, capable of resisting and dealing damage, help in teamfights and protect teammates alongside with the tanks, and when the tank's down, protect himself and his teammates.

Also, please, get to the Chaac-a!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    increase the passive to 6 hits needed for free cast.
    change the damage immunity on the ultimate to a huge protection increase and percentage damage reduction.
    Last edited by SenorRaoul; 03-30-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokahine View Post
    He only gets 100 protections if he hits the whole enemy team with torrent. its only 20 per god, so it is most likely just 20-40. apollo always gains 50 from his mez.

Chaac has pretty low mobility. Also, all gods with jumps have invisibility frames (damage immunity) in their jumps.

I suggest making the silence in ultimate scaling (1/1.5/2/2.5/3s) and changing his cooldowns and mana costs as bit:

Thunder strike:
    Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 mana (50+5 per level)
    Cooldown: 12s (10s)

Torrent
    Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 (60+5 per level)
    Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 (14s)
    While your ideas are generally sound, the way you're putting them is terrible. Do base stats and then what you'd change, else you're making it look like buffs.

Create a support ticket here!

Bug Reporting Forums

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Chaac is one of the most well thought out gods. Just for the fact that you can build him the way you want and not be crippled. To many gods have the "BUILD IT THIS WAY OR SUCK!!" mentality.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Lower his base stats or his base damage on his skills base damage

Junior Member Cupidhead tomatomonster's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 451
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerguilhem View Post

You can't easily avoid his 1 ( atleast with me you can't ), and it serves as a very, very powerfull poke, either on lane or arena, at max rank around level 12, you can deal 300-400 per hit (approx. and no defenses included).

His 2 is a wave clear way, or a "kill-secure" one. The defenses aren't that high, to be fair enough with, if you want to save yourself from a dangerous situation... this isn't going to work... yeah.

His 3 is a good heal, even in rank 2 (rank 1 sucks for mid-game), and the slows it provides when you're in arena to get kills for your teammates or yourself, it's outstanding.

The ultimate, might seem weak, but my trick to it? Always use your 1, it gives a knockback CC and some more damage, I definetely get tons of assists and kills with this Money Maker. Besides damage CC Imunity? Outblastingly surprisingly Chaac.

Chaac's not supposed to have a high mobility as some claimed here, he is supposed to be a heavy brawler, capable of resisting and dealing damage, help in teamfights and protect teammates alongside with the tanks, and when the tank's down, protect himself and his teammates.

His 1 is pitifully easy to dodge especially at range since A) it puts a circle on the ground BEFORE it gets there so you know its coming B) It travels hella slow

People also don't realize Chaac can unintentionally cripple himself. If he uses 1 and misses he cannot use 2 until the axe disappears. Also if he gets into a situation where he needs to jump he has to use two skills not just one, effectively giving him severely reduced dps for the duration of the cooldowns. He is a very risk reward champion. You have to weigh the consiquences of every skill use because the wrong use of one skill could lose you a kill or cost you a death.

Just something to think about.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    Chaac is very strong in all stages of the game, scaling extremely well into late game with the silence on his ultimate.
    The thing that bothers me most about Chaac isn't his abilities, but rather his swing animations. He swings from the top left down to bottom right, brings it from top right down to bottom right, but then his arm jumps into a swing into a top left to down right slash again and it doesn't flow properly. Like, watch it closely. It's bothersome.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead FallenFromGrace's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerguilhem View Post

Please listen to this man he actually understand the god he is talking about and as a another Chaac main I agree completely. Chaac is fine if anyone needs a sustain or tankiness drop it's Tyr. Even then Tyr isn't that bad.
    Your jaguar movement disappoints me.....Do you even Chaac?

New Member Cupidhead zombietaint's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Ok lets get this straight, Chaac has damage, a dash, a heal, a silence, damage immunity, and 2 sources of soft cc (slow and silence). So lets go ahead and give him 7 points, one for each pro. I'm not including his defenses because i understand that he was meant to be a brawler. Now lets look at a "balanced" bruiser, guan yu. Guan has damage, a dash, a heal, and a hard cc. So Guan has 4 points. Now lets look at where the differences come in.

Ultimates:

Guan yu's ultimate is used to engage just like chaac's. (i understand Chaac's isn't used as a major engage but it works with his dash as a great engagement) But unlike Chaac's ult, Guan yu takes damage while riding his horse. They both have a form of aoe cc at the end of their ultimates. Guan yu's is a small 1.5 second stun where as Chaac has a 3 second silence. Smite is based around abilities. not a single god is auto attack based. everyone relies on their abilities for damage, escapes, and what not so those 3 seconds = death. Now lets look at the range of the AOE. Chaac's aoe is 35 ft. Guan yu's is in melee range. This is a huge difference. Chaac can affect an entire team and completely dominate the team.

Healing:

Lets just go by numbers for now. Guan yu's heal at lvl 1 with max passive is 100, and at max rank is 340 with no scaling added onto it, therefor you can not increase these values. Chaac's heal at lvl 1 without the ax is 120, and at max rank is 360 but chaac can increase these values by adding physical power. I understand that chaac doesn't get the health instantly and that he should get more health, and i completely agree. increase the values to 150 at level 1 and 375 at max rank, but take away the extra 15% physical power. Remember that this does not include the values from the ax, which i think is a fantastic idea to make his kit around the ax, it makes for fun game play.

Damage:

This is one of the main differences along with the ultimates. Guan yu's dash at rank 1 does 80 damage and at max rank does 300 damage. Guan yu's Taolu Assault at level 1 does 150 damage and at max rank does 550 damage with 20% physical power. Guan's second damaging ability is his ultimate. Guan can hit up to 3 times with his ultimate before dismounting his horse so at rank 1 with 1 attack per second deals 300 damage and at max rank with the same attack speed deals 700 damage. so in total Guan yu can deal 1550 damage over 7.5 seconds. (3 for Taolu Assualt and 4 for his ultimate and .5 for his dash) This drops his dps to 207. Now lets look at Chaac. Chaac has 3 sources of damage. His ax, his dash/spin, and his ultimate. I understand the ultimate isn't used for damage but its significant (anything over 100 = significant). Chaac's ax at rank 1 deals 80 damage and at max rank deals 320 damage. Torrent, Chaac's dash/spin at rank 1 deals 100 damage and at max rank deals 300 damage. Chaac's ultimate deals 150 damage at rank 1 and 350 damage at max rank. Now lets say the ax is in the air for 1s(i don't actually know the duration but that's close enough), he dashes to the ax in .5s and his ultimate is over 1.5 seconds. Therefor Chaac deals 970 damage over 3 seconds. This drops his dps down to 324. Now if you compare those two numbers, Chaac deals 1.56x the amount of damage that Guan deals per second. If that's not significant i don't know what is. Now lets compare scaling on the damaging abilities. Guan's scaling on his dash is +50% of his physical power. His Taolu Assualt has +20% physical power, and his ultimate has +30% physical power. Chaac's abilities have a scaling of +60% physical power on throwing his ax, +70% on Torrent, and +100% on storm call. So lets say both of them have 100 physical power, Guan gains and additional 100 damage over those 7.5 seconds. adding an additional 14 dps. Chaac with the same 100 physical power gains 230 damage. Adding an additional 76 dps. Therefore, Chaac gains about 5.5 damage for every 1 damage that Guan gains.

Base stats:

I understand that these gods aren't used in the same way but they are fairly close in play. So by these standards they should have roughly the same stats with some being above one another but this is not the case.

Guan yu's Stats:

Health: 470(+84/level) Magical protections: 30(+.9/level)
    mana: 220(+32/level) Physical protections: 16(+3/level)
    speed: 365 HP5: 6(+.7/level)
    attack/sec: 1(+.015/level) MP5: 4.8(+.45/level)
    damage: 37 (+2.25/level)

Chaac's Stats:

Health: 480(+85/level) Magical protections: 30(.9/level)
    Mana: 205(+35/level) Physical protections: 18(+3/level)
    Speed: 375 HP5: 7(+.8/level)
    Attack/sec: 1(+.014/level) MP5: 4.7(+.39/level)
    Damage: 39(+2.25/level)

Ok now back to a point system. 1 point will be given the god with the higher base value in that category, and another point the the god with the higher scaling values. There are a total of 17 points available, and they should be about even. possibly a 9-8 score but lets see.

Guan yu:

Guan has higher base values in mana, and MP5.
    Base stat points: 2

Guan has higher scaling in attack/sec, and MP5.
    Scaling points: 2

Total points:4
    Chaac:

Chaac has higher base values in health, speed, damage, physical protections, and HP5.
    Base stat points: 5

Chaac has higher scaling in health, mana, and Hp5.
    Scaling points: 3

Total points: 8.

Overall points awarded: 12(this is due to them having the same base and scaling magical protections, damage scaling, and same physical protection scaling)

So overall Chaac is better in twice the amount of stats that Guan yu is, while having more damage, and higher scaling. In my opion im onbviously in favor of a chaac nerf. And i may have threw a references to my feelings in this, but i tried to stay by the numbers as much as possible to show that Chaac is head and shoulders ahead of other warriors in his area.

Fixes:

I'm not a moba expert but i have been playing for about 3 years. So in my opinion the silence on chaac's ult should be reduced to 1.5s, the damage invulnerability should be changed to 50% damage mitigation so that he still uses it to soak damage but not to become an unmovable force, and keeping the damage the same. His ax damage should be 200(+30% physical power) at max rank, and his Torrent should be 300(+50% physical power) at max rank. This would allow Chaac to still deal damage with significant results but not be such a steam roller. His ax shouldn't have as much damage as is does due to him basing all of his other abilities around it. His main form of wave clear should be Torrent, but it shouldn't be such a great damage dealer to where it kills the minions, the player, the gold fury, and the fire giant in one fowl swoop. The healing on Rain Dance is a great idea, but i think it should be increase to 400-450 health over the duration but take away the scaling portion of the healing.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 917
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    It's Chaac's ultimate that bugs me most. It's a three second silence (Very hefty CC) in a massive area (Truly gigantic, almost impossible to escape), with potential knock-up and a good bit of damage.

Apart from this being a teamfight decider with a single buttonpress, it also provides Chaac with a "Get out of fail" card due to the charge up being damage immune. I can understand CC immune, but damage immune?

Make the wind-up of Chaac's ultimate "non-interruptible. Meaning that he can be rooted, slowed and killed while charging up, but not stunned or silenced. He does not, under any reasonable conditions, deserve complete and total immunity on an ult that is extremely powerful even without it.

From there, he can be re-evaluated.