Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 116

Thread: Ao Kuang Feedback Thread

  1. #31
    Bug Connoisseur Prestigious Flareb00t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,593
    19
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 310
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Guide
    Rep Power
    50
    I'm giving feedback on Ao by comparing his slows to other slows.. It's allowed.

    People think Ao's Tornadoes are impossible to dodge: They're not. If you're getting hit by something that is primarily used as a waveclear tool and only that at level 1-5, you're playing badly.

    Create a support ticket here!

    Bug Reporting Forums

    If you have any questions about the game, feel free to PM.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Honoured MikalMirkas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    some website on the interweb
    Posts
    877
    6
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Flareb00t View Post
    By that theory, Neith's ult shouldn't stun full stop, seeing as it's global :P I'm not saying Ao deserves 50% at level 1, I'm saying Odin DOESN'T. [I'm giving feedback on Ao by comparing his slows to other slows.. It's allowed.]
    Ao is a ranged mage. Odin is a melee warrior. Their kits and roles are entirely different and have little to no conventional overlap.

    Odin has the slow because he's forced to get into those fights and that's his only form of CC aside from his Ring of itrolu (unless his 1 has a small slow that i've never noticed). 50% is tolerable at base because you shouldn't be getting near Odin at any time in the game unless you're a physical melee assassin. Ao Kuang's slow is ranged and it's the only 50% ranged slow in the game except for Nemesis, but that's for a whole entire thread (Nemesis OP pls nref).

    TL;DR u wot m8

    Quote Originally Posted by Flareb00t View Post
    People think Ao's Tornadoes are impossible to dodge: They're not. If you're getting hit by something that is primarily used as a waveclear tool and only that at level 1-5, you're playing badly.
    ...whoever thinks Ao's tornadoes are impossible to dodge must either be A) horrible B) run into CC like it's their waifu or C) have infinite ping

    After you get hit with Squall, it's acceptable to whine but not only did he pop his only form of CC to engage, you can easily buy the hardcounter to Ao: Sprint. Ao's squishy and has no forms of escape: pop Sprint and kill him. If he hits you with his ultimate, then you should probably uninstall (unless you're right behind him because unavoidable in which case you got outplayed HARD).
    Last edited by MikalMirkas; 03-23-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

  3. #33
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NorsteinBekkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    38
    4
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    I've yet to see a bad Ao Kuang since starting.

    He's too safe... he has utility, great wave clear, and ridiculous range. Where's his weakness?

  4. #34
    Senior Member Honoured MikalMirkas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    some website on the interweb
    Posts
    877
    6
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by NorsteinBekkler View Post
    I've yet to see a bad Ao Kuang since starting.

    He's too safe... he has utility, great wave clear, and ridiculous range. Where's his weakness?
    Ao's skill floor is low and his skill ceiling is low. All his skill ceiling is composed of is Tornado positioning and player positioning. If you're bad at the game, you're bad at Ao Kuang. If you know how to play the game, you can play Ao Kuang.

    Ao's weaknesses:

    • Having Health reach 0 (duh)
    • Running out of mana (duh, book of thoth rush lol)
    • Only one form of easily evaded CC (duh)
    • Being reliant on cooldowns (duh)
    • Getting destroyed by pokes.
    • Has no instant poke.
    • Extremely easily telegraphed abilities
    • Probably one of the worst boxers in the game when his Tornado is down. Otherwise, he's essentially the best melee punisher in the game besides Zeus.
    • Being a noodle
    • Not being 10/10 pure maiden waifu



    Easily killed by anything that can negate slows or reflect damage. Nemesis, Chang'e and anyone with a CC immune ultimate that they can move during can easily make short work of Ao Kuang.

    He's stupidly safe but easily divable. His escape is easily baitable and very easily punishable with something like Hastened Fatalis.

    TL;DR Buy winged wand, sprint and aegis pendant and win the game.

    If I had to adjust Ao, I have no suggestions for him. He's easily counterable and is essentially babby's first mage, IMO.
    Last edited by MikalMirkas; 03-23-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

  5. #35
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NorsteinBekkler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    38
    4
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikalMirkas View Post
    Ao's skill floor is low and his skill ceiling is low. All his skill ceiling is composed of is Tornado positioning and player positioning. If you're bad at the game, you're bad at Ao Kuang. If you know how to play the game, you can play Ao Kuang.

    Ao's weaknesses:

    • Having Health reach 0 (duh)
    • Running out of mana (duh, book of thoth rush lol)
    • Only one form of easily evaded CC (duh)
    • Being reliant on cooldowns (duh)
    • Getting destroyed by pokes.
    • Has no instant poke.
    • Extremely easily telegraphed abilities
    • Probably one of the worst boxers in the game when his Tornado is down. Otherwise, he's essentially the best melee punisher in the game besides Zeus.
    • Being a noodle
    • Not being 10/10 pure maiden waifu



    Easily killed by anything that can negate slows or reflect damage. Nemesis, Chang'e and anyone with a CC immune ultimate that they can move during can easily make short work of Ao Kuang.

    He's stupidly safe but easily divable. His escape is easily baitable and very easily punishable with something like Hastened Fatalis.

    TL;DR Buy winged wand, sprint and aegis pendant and win the game.

    If I had to adjust Ao, I have no suggestions for him. He's easily counterable and is essentially babby's first mage, IMO.
    How exactly do you poke someone who doesn't have to be anywhere near you to effectively push a lane?
    ALL mages are reliant on cooldowns, that's what CDR is for.

    40% CDR makes you ridiculous

  6. #36
    Member Worshipper Blackwinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tropical Country, Blessed by God
    Posts
    448
    7
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MikalMirkas View Post
    Ao's skill floor is low and his skill ceiling is low. All his skill ceiling is composed of is Tornado positioning and player positioning. If you're bad at the game, you're bad at Ao Kuang. If you know how to play the game, you can play Ao Kuang.

    Ao's weaknesses:

    • Having Health reach 0 (duh)
    • Running out of mana (duh, book of thoth rush lol)
    • Only one form of easily evaded CC (duh)
    • Being reliant on cooldowns (duh)
    • Getting destroyed by pokes.
    • Has no instant poke.
    • Extremely easily telegraphed abilities
    • Probably one of the worst boxers in the game when his Tornado is down. Otherwise, he's essentially the best melee punisher in the game besides Zeus.
    • Being a noodle
    • Not being 10/10 pure maiden waifu



    Easily killed by anything that can negate slows or reflect damage. Nemesis, Chang'e and anyone with a CC immune ultimate that they can move during can easily make short work of Ao Kuang.

    He's stupidly safe but easily divable. His escape is easily baitable and very easily punishable with something like Hastened Fatalis.

    TL;DR Buy winged wand, sprint and aegis pendant and win the game.

    If I had to adjust Ao, I have no suggestions for him. He's easily counterable and is essentially babby's first mage, IMO.
    I agree with everything (Except with some forms of the language used....But that's not the point), specially the last part.

    You only get hit by Tornadoes if: A) You got zoned B) You weren't paying attention C) You were engaging someone else D) You are a melee assassin

    1v1 in mid (Pre-level 5) is basically a no brainer. Don't stand near minions, clear, proceed to engage him. I honestly had no problems with his 50% rank 1 slow. But now that sprint got nerfed, it's nice to see it scaling.
    Can't upload my perfectly edited Winged Wand vs Iso signature.

    My take on Solar Sentinel update.
    Thoth, Ra's Counselor concept.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Honoured MikalMirkas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    some website on the interweb
    Posts
    877
    6
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwinged View Post
    I agree with everything (Except with some forms of the language used....But that's not the point), specially the last part.

    You only get hit by Tornadoes if: A) You got zoned B) You weren't paying attention C) You were engaging someone else D) You are a melee assassin

    1v1 in mid (Pre-level 5) is basically a no brainer. Don't stand near minions, clear, proceed to engage him. I honestly had no problems with his 50% rank 1 slow. But now that sprint got nerfed, it's nice to see it scaling.
    E) You get hit by some form of CC that renders you immobile and you have no cleanse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Sometimes I can't tell whether MikalMirkas is being intentionally stupid or if he's just trolling. Does anyone actually read his walls of text? I'm scared to read them because he might just say something stupid like HL3 Confirmed at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudoss
    I think it is fine because I do not think.
    PM me if you need mechanic explanation or forum halp.

  8. #38
    Junior Member Cupidhead Kydrang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    19
    3
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    get close to Ao and he throw you one tornado in your face.
    sometimes i think he counts for one more player on the match. it's sad but the tornados are real.

  9. #39
    Member Follower Barkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    119
    5
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 629
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Hebo's 3 has bigger range then Ao (except ult) and does twice the damage (until full build - then same damage).
    Also has a knock up and can set up a 141-kill for Hebo.
    Hebo is immortal during his ult.
    His slow is better since its a ground effect that persists.
    Hebo is better at everything except early wave clear

    Agni's ult has bigger range, more damage (until mid game) then nados AND cost 0 Mana.
    His path of flames do MORE damage per trick, but tick 2 times less. also an universal get-out-of-jail-free card.

    Isis is just made to be an Ao Kuang killer.

    with her silence+slow 3, her stun + huge damage spirit ball and her high mobility + more damage than nado 1, not to mention the "is there any bigger ult?" a halfway decent Isis can absolutely destroy a great Ao Kuang.

    Chronos is just nuts in every aspect.

    They all can roam and gank with lvl 5.
    Ao needs at least a half stacked Book of Thoth to rotate, otherwise he just does not have the mana.

    All in all, the only Mages overall "weaker" than Ao Kuang would be NuWa and Change.
    Even more so since his only form of CC was turned into the least reliable Skill shot in the game in favor of 15% more slow.
    This more than anything else has weakened Ao Kuang significantly.
    I had over 85% hit rate on the old Squall.
    With the new one, i can not hit more then 1 in 10 and i have been practicing my fingers bloody.
    It never works the same twice in a row.
    It has to be point-blank or straight at me / away from me. Any sideways movement and it wont hit.

    But i like how he plays and if the game doesn't end before minute 20, Ao Kuang starts to get fun and can strengthen his teams overall damage output by more then any other Mage can.
    He is just not as good a one-man-army as the other Mages are.

    He NEEDS a strong front line to do his job well.
    And a bit of time to get strong enough to compete.

  10. #40
    Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TK241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    51
    6
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    A lot is being said about his slow, and that was a big change in his play style. What his slow does for us is allow us to hit our ults easier, and can help add damage in early game by Squall+nado on a god/wave. I love how Ao plays and late game hes a ton of fun. His early game can very easily get shut down because he has no punish early game. I dont know how many times i have been just bum rushed at the start of a laning phase by zeus,agni, or pretty much every other mage. its hard to stop that really aggressive play early on as Ao once your nados are out. Thats why i brought up adjusting his 2. to add a punish to stop extremely aggressive plays early on. I personally would like to see his skill progression be something more like 3,2,1,4 with squall being the ability that people can wait on. a bit better escape/punish wouldnt make him too strong i feel it would bring his early game up to par with other gods.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •