Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 female characters vs 41 male characters...

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalzaar View Post
    You play only female characters....sounds kinda sexist to me.

And I'm interested to know if your an actual feminist(one who wants women to have equal rights with men) or one of the internet-"feminists" or as I like to call em feminazis(female chauvinism[misandry]).

And I'm pretty sure Hi-Rez is not looking at the genders of gods when they add them into the game but rather think of what god has the potential to have an interesting kit of skills.
    How can you even say that When I'm asking for balance? The question would be why you feel we are all feminazis, there 41 males and 15 females. You're all looking for a idealism when I'm just asking for variety into the female section because IT'S A PREFERENCE THAT EXISTS , the same would be when someone who only plays mages asked for more if there were a huge disproportion like in this case

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxNecrotic View Post
    1)he is right, gods are heavily on the male side due to source material. If you look yes there are plenty of goddesses that you can choose from, however, most of the major gods with grand stories are male. although they have done a lot with less.

2) looks really arent that important, especially when you are talking about GAMES. they are pixels. and if you comeback with "i bet you wouldnt date someone you werent attracted to" i'll just tell you that that implies you want, or believe that these characters would date you.
    i better way would be "would you be friends with a person you dont find attractive?" and the answer is yes because what does it matter.

you are shallow. and worse you think it's normal. or you are a troll just looking for attention. anyone looking to reply just dont, if you already have a comment you can edit it to say what you need to say and not give this more traction. let the thread die here
    Again stop with idealism and personal issues, you're distorting the topic with that. PRECISELY It's a game, the Look is not only about being "beautiful" is about "being cool", and you can be awsome being even incredibly ugly, it's more complex, and of course is natural to want characters with an aesthethic that you like, in my case females (and not everyone of course just by the fact of being a female). I think is not the place to discuss "the important thing is what you have inside", we are talking about a game not what I do or what we do on our lives.

It's funny because you're the ones that are acting like trolls to me...xD It's so hard to give your opinion about the topic without making personal references to the author? "Troll, shallow, sexist,wannabe feminist social justice warrior
    ..." what's next.
    Last edited by deing; 07-13-2014 at 12:09 PM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    You sound even more like a "feminazi" now...you do exactly what they do and victimize yourself to make everyone else look bad.

There's a new female god coming shortly and more will come,it all depends if said gods have in their lore the potential for them to become interesting additions to the game.

And you seem to ask for quantity....I myself want quality,choose a scenario:less but fun to play or more but boring to play.

Also I did not say "you are all feminazis" I simply asked witch type of feminist are you?The ones that fit the original meaning of the word or the male-hating ones that seem to have popped up on the internet a lot lately.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Achievements:
    15 females vs 41 males, that's all you need to know, nothing about me. So you're saying that there's isnt "rich lores" and that's why they keep releasing males and more males, Did someone know Ah Muzen Cab before this game? probably very few people, what about Hera? Medusa? And now they realesea Serqet, another "well-known goddess" for all, isn't she?.

So It seems that's not the reason, probably they're just releasing gods and they didn't even notice that there were so many males and a few females, and not all the "twisted reasons" that you're giving, It's about time to notice the lack of female characters and that's why I made this post.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Current Number of Gods Ruined by Tencent/Hirez/"Muh Lore" Abominations: i lost count

MY BOOK
    FATASS FANATICS
    a long gone bacchus dream

Undisputed Bacchus King. I will win while doing keg stands - guaranteed

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Since time began we have lived in the shadows of the moon, in the blood of the earth. Today we will rise and the world will be ours. Beyond dark and light, beyond fire and water, beyond dusk and dawn.— Santánico Pandemonium

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by deing View Post
    15 females vs 41 males, that's all you need to know, nothing about me. So you're saying that there's isnt "rich lores" and that's why they keep releasing males and more males, Did someone know Ah Muzen Cab before this game? probably very few people, what about Hera? Medusa? And now they realesea Serqet, another "well-known goddess" for all, isn't she?.

So It seems that's not the reason, probably they're just releasing gods and they didn't even notice that there were so many males and a few females, and not all the "twisted reasons" that you're giving, It's about time to notice the lack of female characters and that's why I made this post.
    Funny you should mention Medusa and Hera...as both of em seem unlikely to be added anytime soon,why?well Medusa is not a god and Hera,as generally a goddess of women and mariage she does not really have the lore to make into a kit for a combat focused game,unless they choose to really stretch her vengeful side(mostly directed at Zeus's lovers and offspring) she could possibly work as supportive character with buffs and debuffs.However take a look at the Mayan gods...we could use a few goddesses to that pantheon...Ixtab seems fitting...creepy but fitting.

I have no idea what you mean with the "twisted reasons" all I said is that Hi-Rez most likely values potential for fun gameplay over gender and since so many of the male gods are combat oriented in their lore and their battle feats and abilities are often detailed in their lore it's just easy to make em into the game.Many goddesses have their domains outside of war and combat so it takes more time and effort to come up with an interesting kit and combat design for them.

Serqet seems very interesting and I have no problem with her being a more obscure god...maybe Tefnut could also be made into the game...and don't get me started on Hathor(Goddess of the sky, love, beauty, joy, motherhood, foreign lands, mining, music and fertility),she has tons of potential to be in this game.

If you really wanna see more goddesses in Smite then instead of moaning about it here,start coming up with interesting kits for various goddesses and present them on the "god and skins concept" area of the forums,with some luck Hi-Rez will take notice of those ideas.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Ah, first we get an anti-racist wannabe, now a feminist wannabe. How ridiculous. Let me get something straight to you, not all females in the mythologies are even capable of fighting. Some of them, like Aphrodite, appear because of their fame, others, like Serqet, appear because their powers fit in a game where the focus is on fighting. The mythology itself focus the fighting and powers on men, and thats why there are more men than women.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and report this thread... it was an argument from the start and he/she knew one was going to break out.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NoonQ's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Achievements:
    Irish Celtic pantheon, problem solved. Not only will you get goddesses, but they will all be nude warrior goddesses.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NoonQ View Post
    but they will all be nude warrior goddesses.
    I get its a joke, but if there was to be nudity, all greek chars would be there already.