Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lobby deserters should face stricter penalty

Senior Member Honoured Miestana's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    i played wow for 6 years and when a person left the match...someone was always there to replace them. i think smite should implement this into the game to fix this.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Miestana View Post
    i played wow for 6 years and when a person left the match...someone was always there to replace them. i think smite should implement this into the game to fix this.
    How would that actualy work?in a game where in every match you start from the same point and level up and gear up during that match and in next match your again back at level 1 and 1500 gold.

In wow or another mmorpg that kind of replacement guy works just fine but in MOBAs I don't think it can be made to work properly.

Senior Member Honoured Miestana's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    hmm...the average level of your team is taken into account as well as the average amount of gold earned by each member. and when you join the match...you will be X lvl and have X amount of gold so you dont fall far behind.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I disagree, as a matter of fact I believe a lobby deserter should get nothing more than a 15 min debuff. Not speaking to the obvious bugs that plague this game and kick random people out for no reason but speaking about the auto lockers, the non communiqué that often choose a God that has been called for (ie. 'jungle') the ever annoying 'God switcher' that spends the lobby time flipping between different Gods the obvious troll that starts the lobby off with derogatory harassment and bombardment of 1337sp3akspam, the group of mostly foreigners playing on a server that clearly does not support the language they speak. There is no reason for someone that refuses to waste their time with these VERY common arssehats should be penalized for more than 15 minutes and nothing else. It is not the deserters fault that the game is not started. The deserter is a direct result of self centered teammates.

Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    I'm pretty sure the reason why the OP made this thread was to troll, since lately there's been a couple people asking for a lesser punishment for leaving lobby.

Anyways, the punishment should stay the same. Leaving a match lobby counts towards the new deserter system. So if they leave multiple lobbys, then there deserter lasts longer with each leave (within 24 hours).

And I've noticed less and less leavers while playing. So I think the current penalty system is working.

Also... why does everyone keep acting like 100% goodwill makes a difference. You only gain 30% more favor.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

Goodbye Smite forums <3