Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lobby deserters should face stricter penalty

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ThereIsN0Sp00n's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 31 days registered Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalzaar View Post
    Lobby deserters?or mayby they should be called "bad game dodgers"...

Thats the only reason I sometimes do it and thats the usual reason I see people doing it...when people pick totally braindead teamcomp and there is no communication at all or if a huge fight erupts during the god picking,thats the moment to take a breath and walk away...sometimes seemingly braindead picks are done by a premade but they usually say they are either trying something new or they have some nasty combo in the pocket there.
    Spoken like a true deserter, very selfish. I recently had a match where everyone was fighting and not in good fun razing each other type; I mean really nasty stuff being said but we decided to stick it out despite someone trying to surrender on multiple occasions and guess what we demolished the other team in the end.

Also as far as god selection goes META is just a suggestion and I for one am open to experimentation. I dont just toolishly accept it as the gospel or something. Who knows what awesome combinations or new approaches you might miss by abandoning your team in the lobby. Did you ever think that maybe it will make you a better player to have to try and play in a different way because your team does not follow the prescribed meta?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsN0Sp00n View Post
    Spoken like a true deserter, very selfish. I recently had a match where everyone was fighting and not in good fun razing each other type; I mean really nasty stuff being said but we decided to stick it out despite someone trying to surrender on multiple occasions and guess what we demolished the other team in the end.

Also as far as god selection goes META is just a suggestion and I for one am open to experimentation. I dont just toolishly accept it as the gospel or something. Who knows what awesome combinations or new approaches you might miss by abandoning your team in the lobby. Did you ever think that maybe it will make you a better player to have to try and play in a different way because your team does not follow the prescribed meta?
    When I said braindead picks I did not mean METAbreaking...I'm cool with people trying to break the META as long as they remember to say so in god pick...what I meant with braindead is something that just simply can't work together,something were one good ability from the enemy will completely demolish the whole team.

While bad fighting in god pick can still be salvaged...this is in the clear minority,people just tend to forget all the times that went bad and glorify the few that actualy turned out allright.

I don't mind people leaving in the lobby since it's a minor inconvenience(hope I spelled that right) but I absolutely hate those who leave during the game!since they will greatly reduce their teams odds of winning,if one wants to leave during the game there is the surrender vote,if the team does not like the idea then you better just stick with the team and try your best to turn things around.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ThereIsN0Sp00n's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 31 days registered Tagger Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalzaar View Post
    When I said braindead picks I did not mean METAbreaking...I'm cool with people trying to break the META as long as they remember to say so in god pick...what I meant with braindead is something that just simply can't work together,something were one good ability from the enemy will completely demolish the whole team.

While bad fighting in god pick can still be salvaged...this is in the clear minority,people just tend to forget all the times that went bad and glorify the few that actualy turned out allright.

I don't mind people leaving in the lobby since it's a minor inconvenience(hope I spelled that right) but I absolutely hate those who leave during the game!since they will greatly reduce their teams odds of winning,if one wants to leave during the game there is the surrender vote,if the team does not like the idea then you better just stick with the team and try your best to turn things around.
    I still think that leaving the lobby is NOT a minor inconvenience but a MAJOR one, especially when it happens multiple times you wait 2 to sometimes 8 min. in que depending on the match, then 90 sec in lobby if this happens multiple times its very frustrating. I have had 8 lobby fails in a row personally but that was the worst case however 2 or 3 times in a row happens often.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Quote Originally Posted by ThereIsN0Sp00n View Post
    I still think that leaving the lobby is NOT a minor inconvenience but a MAJOR one, especially when it happens multiple times you wait 2 to sometimes 8 min. in que depending on the match, then 90 sec in lobby if this happens multiple times its very frustrating. I have had 8 lobby fails in a row personally but that was the worst case however 2 or 3 times in a row happens often.
    You must be very unlucky.I get maybe one person leaving per day.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 736
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class! Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    You get 30 min deserter already. And are you nuts? You should be mad at an ingame leaver/afk not in the lobby -.-

EDIT: Say thanks they leave in lobby and not in-game
    I'm a dancer,
    a Scorpio,
    and Arachne is my Bae <3

Sidename: dbK

Member Follower
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Quote Originally Posted by XXVII View Post
    You get 30 min deserter already. And are you nuts? You should be mad at an ingame leaver/afk not in the lobby -.-

EDIT: Say thanks they leave in lobby and not in-game
    I know right? I think some people just want to watch the world burn(banned).

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MormegilVIX's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Smite is one of the only games that wants you to play something you absolutely do not want to play, or forces you to play a match you know is screwed from the beginning.

Just because 'game,' like it's the only team game in existence where someone leaving can screw the rest of the team -__- *rolls eyes*

MOBA players think their games are the most important things on Earth, like people don't have real life things happen where *gasp* they can't sit at their freaking computer.

Get a life, people. The penalties are already over the top. Why don't they just let players leave lobbies? Only game I've EVER seen do that.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MormegilVIX View Post
    Smite is one of the only games that wants you to play something you absolutely do not want to play, or forces you to play a match you know is screwed from the beginning.

Just because 'game,' like it's the only team game in existence where someone leaving can screw the rest of the team -__- *rolls eyes*

MOBA players think their games are the most important things on Earth, like people don't have real life things happen where *gasp* they can't sit at their freaking computer.

Get a life, people. The penalties are already over the top. Why don't they just let players leave lobbies? Only game I've EVER seen do that.
    Yup, ive had a person tell me that you should know exactly what is going to happen 90 seconds after you press accept. I work from home and I can get a call at anytime that I might need to stop whatever Im doing and pay attention to it. Sometimes I get called while in a lobby in smite, so I have to take that call. I come back in 2 minutes and have a 30 minute deserter time. Sorry I didnt know that someone was going to call me. At least I was respectful enough to leave the lobby instead of leaving mid game and possibly causing my team a loss.

2 minute wait is a very very minor inconvenience compared to you get in the game, play 10 minutes and are forced to surrender because someone left.

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    First fix the glitches/bugs...
    I'm pretty sure most of the leaves in lobby are not on purpose but because of glitche.
    Like mentioned before the famous return to lobby with 0 goodwill glitch...
    Even disconnects can happen in the drafting phase... guess what you can't reconnect to the drafting phase, isn't that just unfair?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RexPowerColt's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 293
    The system in place is already pretty harsh. 30 min deserter penalty for first dc/leave, second offense 1 hour, third offense 1 hour and 30 minutes. It builds and punishes people who continue to leave. There are alot of reasons as to why people dc/leave, game could have crashed during god select, internet could have dropped, something may have just popped up at the last minute IRL and they just need to take care of it and not play the game, or sometimes its just jerks not getting a role they wanted. No system will ever be perfect and be able to punish people who dc/leave with malicious intentions while giving lesser punishments to people who had their game crash or internet die. The way it is now is fine and does not need to be changed.
    Think what you want, just don't be a jerk about it