Thread: Tyr is all about timing, can he actually be OP?

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Exclamation Tyr is all about timing, can he actually be OP?

Heya'll

lately, i figured out that some of pros Tyr's can really be OP, just is just my opinion so i'd like to hear yours. In my case im mostly playing scylla, but even though if i use sentiel to get away and sic'em to root so he can't catch me, he has 2 dashes, jump as an ulti, if he has speed and blink, it's impossible to get away. Please leave your opinion in a comment(if you're main god is a mage or any other low health god)

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,748
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Any "Pro" will make their chosen god look broken. It comes from completely understanding that god. Most people can't make use of ares, for example. I bring him out, build full tank, and outdamage my carries on a regular basis (Inside, i scream I AM THE GOD OF WAR!, and all is well.)

Tyr is a very powerful god when used correctly. It comes from proper skill build, timings, and skill rotations.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    yeah i guess so, but what is a defense versus tyr if he aims you? i mean you really can't do much

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Halvhir's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Majcl View Post
    yeah i guess so, but what is a defense versus tyr if he aims you? i mean you really can't do much
    With good timing you can beads/aegis out of his Fearless push, which will send him out of position and unable to follow through with any more damage. Listen for the Blink sound effect behind you to cue up your active usage.

The whole point of Tyr now that his sustain and combo potential is reduced seems to be the ridiculous mobility he still has. He's got no range in his kit like Chaac or Hercules or Vamana, and he has to put himself at risk to deal damage. If he gets fed, he's still going to be tough to get away from, but if he's on even footing then just make sure you have teammates or a tower nearby to retreat to.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MoFriedChickens's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    The best thing to do against Tyr is to avoid feeding him at all costs. If he cant get a kill, he doesn't get the money needed for a good defensive build. Halvhir hits the nail right on the head when he says "Listen for the blink sound behind you." In a crowd he's also really easy to juke, but that's more dependent on who's playing him. Another good thing to do is to save your stuns just for him, a well timed and placed stun can allow you enough time to get out of his range. Slows also work as well, and it might be a good idea to grab Enfeebling Curse just to slow him down to give you enough time to properly avoid him or get out of range. When it comes to fighting Tyr, keeping your distance is key.

Achievements:
    OKays, thanks you guys, at least now i won't be worried about the Tyr, i've played a match versus 1 a little before and the Enfeebling curse helped alot, i either tried to listen to blink, but it's harder way to stop him or get away from him. im a nightmare princess of dodging either, so i don't listen much to stuff, not saying that im verry verry good, but i got into top 5 plays with my dodging and when i move around, i don't feel like listening much, that's why i do a hard time with tyr. Plus his combos, you can't blink nor put the sentiel away when he has you in-air

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ePilgrim's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 447
    All Gods are "powerful when used correctly". The real question is "are they up-to-par with the current meta?".

Here is the answer:
    http://smiterepo.com/#/gods/overview

Click on the 'down arrow' on the "win" section to see his win rate.

When I looked, it was at 7%. The lowest win rate of all Gods.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    ya i love playing tyr so i still play him but when u just chrunch the numbers in a tanky build guardians will do way more damage and mitication. If you want to play him as a dps there are always better options like herc who does almost everything tyr does but better, or rather just roll an assassin.

the need to undo one or two of the nerfs done to tyr.

Pepsie

Achievements:
    but dude, i learned how to play tyr now and igot him mastery 4 in a week, im pretty good with him and i did some nice stuff already, i actually had 23-3 in league conquest playing vs not noobs, so i don't really get it why would Tyr be worse than hercules, since you said that *herc who does almost everything tyr does but better*, if you buy enaugh stuff to protect your self of some nasty mages's ulti's than you're saved, i once blocked 4 ulties that were thrown in me when i used aegis and if i would do it i'd die instantly