Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: A list of Gods that should NOT be White

  1. #31
    Member Follower tacoroco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    147
    5
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    The fact this post got so much traction based on completely faulty logic (to the point of being downright ignorant), and people actually tried defending said faulty logic with even faultier logic, chalk full of SJW bullshit... why. Why the inane bullshit.

    And to Goupil, regarding his complaint about Afro-Dite not being black and therefore racist - If they took a white God and made them black just because they have an afro, do you know how incredibly racist that is in itself? Black face is the solution... really? How about about you're stereotyping of black people with your implied 'afros/disco = black people', and discriminating against white people at the same time? Damn.
    Yes, BM'ing your own team is how you win. No really, how brilliant of you.

    Dont mess with Tusker

  2. #32
    Junior Member Cupidhead Thandrend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    26
    3
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Arguably the only Gods that should be "White" are the Norse Gods. The Roman and Greek gods, if they are going based off of their subjects' appearance, would surely be "Olive" skinned.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,747
    16
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoroco View Post
    The fact this post got so much traction based on completely faulty logic (to the point of being downright ignorant), and people actually tried defending said faulty logic with even faultier logic, chalk full of SJW bullshit... why. Why the inane bullshit.

    And to Goupil, regarding his complaint about Afro-Dite not being black and therefore racist - If they took a white God and made them black just because they have an afro, do you know how incredibly racist that is in itself? Black face is the solution... really? How about about you're stereotyping of black people with your implied 'afros/disco = black people', and discriminating against white people at the same time? Damn.
    Right. It's hard to tell though. Because Aphrodite is a Goddess of Beauty and it seemed like a good excuse to make her black so you could say black women are just as beautiful as white women. Instead they made it a disco skin instead and made her still white, as if to say black women can't be as beautiful as white women.

    It's darned if you do, darned if you don't. Think outside the box next time.

  4. #34
    Member Follower Corolinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    158
    3
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Neith isn't any lighter than Beyonce.

    Just because Egypt is on the continent of Africa doesn't mean the ancient Egyptians were "black" as we know "black" today. They were certainly dark enough to pass the brown paper bag test, but that encompasses a wide range of skin colors lighter than Biggie Smalls, Wesley Snipes, and Samuel L. Jackson.

  5. #35
    Member Worshipper BASEGODD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    With the Juggalos
    Posts
    409
    2
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post


    Osiris should've been red like in Japanese duel monsters. HiRez confirmed haters of redskins. But is that because they're racist or because they're trying not to be racist?
    Since time began we have lived in the shadows of the moon, in the blood of the earth. Today we will rise and the world will be ours. Beyond dark and light, beyond fire and water, beyond dusk and dawn.— Santánico Pandemonium

  6. #36
    Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,747
    16
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by basegodd View Post
    You know what?

    I agree.

    RippleApple why would you post something that vile?

  7. #37
    Member Follower tacoroco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    147
    5
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Right. It's hard to tell though. Because Aphrodite is a Goddess of Beauty and it seemed like a good excuse to make her black so you could say black women are just as beautiful as white women. Instead they made it a disco skin instead and made her still white, as if to say black women can't be as beautiful as white women.

    It's darned if you do, darned if you don't. Think outside the box next time.
    I think it highlights the redundancy of those kind of complaints. Hirez has shown no racial bias thus far, and anyone trying hard enough to find it is merely halting any progress on moving past racial prejudice anyways.
    Yes, BM'ing your own team is how you win. No really, how brilliant of you.

    Dont mess with Tusker

  8. #38
    Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,747
    16
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoroco View Post
    I think it highlights the redundancy of those kind of complaints. Hirez has shown no racial bias thus far, and anyone trying hard enough to find it is merely halting any progress on moving past racial prejudice anyways.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is it that people may interpret racial bias how they wish. As long as a reasonable interpretation exists it is just as true. Yours is just as true as mine. I think it's kind of strange that they had a chance to make her black but passed it up. I'd totally like to play a black skin of Aphrodite every now and then. I'd be interested in how they manage to do it. If they decide to do it.

  9. #39
    Member Follower tacoroco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    147
    5
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is it that people may interpret racial bias how they wish. As long as a reasonable interpretation exists it is just as true. Yours is just as true as mine. I think it's kind of strange that they had a chance to make her black but passed it up. I'd totally like to play a black skin of Aphrodite every now and then. I'd be interested in how they manage to do it. If they decide to do it.
    Because Aphrodite is a Goddess of Beauty and it seemed like a good excuse to make her black so you could say black women are just as beautiful as white women. Instead they made it a disco skin instead and made her still white, as if to say black women can't be as beautiful as white women.
    I would be cool with a black Afro-dite too, but the suggestion that keeping Afro-Dite white (or making her black) is racist is just unsubstantiated conjecture. It's looking for a problem that isn't there. While it may have been a missed opportunity, throwing in racism and 'look they don't think black people are as good as white people!' is just fabricating controversy.
    Yes, BM'ing your own team is how you win. No really, how brilliant of you.

    Dont mess with Tusker

  10. #40
    Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,747
    16
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoroco View Post
    I would be cool with a black Afro-dite too, but the suggestion that keeping Afro-Dite white (or making her black) is racist is just unsubstantiated conjecture. It's looking for a problem that isn't there. While it may have been a missed opportunity, throwing in racism and 'look they don't think black people are as good as white people!' is just fabricating controversy.
    Perhaps. But you don't know that for a fact. As long as the possibility exists my version of events is just as real as yours.

    Name a black god. Not a deeply tanned god. But a dark black god in Smite. One that's humanoid, and clearly black. Original skin, and not purple-skinned.

    Now name every white god who's pure white or tanned white.

    Given that the category of the former is severely lacking to say the least I would say there is indeed a certain racial bias insofar as the numbers are concerned. I wouldn't say that missing quotas is enough to declare racism, given that there is an african-american Ramerica skin that's awesome and they didn't necessarily need to make him with that kind of voice, rather choosing to... but it does tell you to a degree that my version of their motivations isn't completely fantastic.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •