Thread: Cthulhu Review

New Member Cupidhead EgyptianRenegade's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Cthulhu Review

Hello,i dont know if im am dumb or there is something actually wrong with him, i am certainly not a pro by any means but i am not a noob for sure and i know how to use many of the gods currently in the game but let's not focus on that here,so his passive is based on stacks and you can do with basic attacks and abilites and you need 12 basics to put on the de-buff and yet it goes off after 5 sec,his first has to have 4 stacks to fear otherwise it has no CC,second is channel which is mega weak at 10% slow plus can be interrupted easily and the root may not even go off and people just walk away from the ability,his 3 has a stun which is 0.4 and it doesnt even go up to say 0.8 or 1 sec at max rank and his ult's up time is like 16-18 sec tops on a 100s CD and Fafnir's is a whopping 40 sec,i dont know why and how people think he is broken or OP,his damage scaling is weak at 30% and 40% on the spells,he is squishy to boot like Hades' "rework" going from tanky mage to some hybrid something,his CC is utterly unreliable and i feel like an underpowered Khepri for example and i feel utterly useless in team fights,setting stuff up or saving somebody from dying i really cant do anything effective enough to help and i feel terrible about it and i was even labeled as a coward because i didnt dive in 1vs3 or 2vs3 because the team mates were actually dying too fast and i chose not to die as well , and as i say this again is Cthulhu really underpowered and badly designed or there is something wrong with me.....

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I feel Cthulu being overbearing.

Alone he doesn't feel that powerful to me. Hercules or some other fighter feels stronger. But in a teamfight, he just has enormous presence.

I think it is his ult that makes him dominate team fights. CC imunity, huge aoe to control where the enemy can pass or not, it just makes me feel usseles playing a guardian and trying protect my teammates. Not only does Cthulu have more dmg, but also better peel, and better battlefield control. And his ult lasts so long that any TF would be finished before it ended.

As a support guardian i just feel obsolete with his existence.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Ive been playing smite for like 8 years and its the first time i want to quit playing smite because of the new god chulu. It is such a broken god which makes so much damage while being a guardian, most players who picks this god i such a d1cks because i cant understand which role they are playing and most important this chulu ulti makes a game so laggy that it doesnt even matter how much damage it makes anymore. But i bet Hi-rez wont do shit about it so prolly ill make a break.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    Cthulhu is broken AF. How can Hi-Rez release this as a god... Guardian... and have Freya co-exist as a mage. Makes no sense. They nerf Yemoja to the void and then bring out this monster with gr8 escape, huge AOE and damage mitigation in his ult that makes other tanks look like trash. I haven't been this upset with a game since Destiny 2 when they put lens in as a merchant buy when they knew that gun was broken. Fix your head Hi-Rez.

New Member Cupidhead PRA1SExTHExSUN's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Well I'm not trying to be rude, but if you're not getting results with the god... it's just you. I play almost every guardian... I've always played guardians... this thing is not a guard. He's an amalgamation of a guardian-mage-warrior. You have to be so mechanically poor to miss an ability it's laughable. His damage is better than most guardians sheerly based on how big his abilities are (I mean seriously he can hit the whole wave and poke you with two of his abilities, three if they're in the wave. His ult is a monstrosity... heh... he's damn near impossible to kill unless you are 3v1ing him or he's 2v1ing into two full HP/Mana gods and out of position and again, how do you miss? You just auto and then aim the circle at whoever you want to hit, because they probably aren't a mercury with a full move speed build and can't evade it unless they have a dash/leap that they didn't use within the last 5 seconds and even if they did they're still in range for your next 2.

And gods (heh I'm full of puns today apparently) forbid they've got a team with CCs to go with him. I mean hell a Hou Yi Jump is enough of a CC to combo with his ult! There's another problem here though that smite has. There's not a lot of "support" guardians. Cthulu, Jorm, Cerb, Artio, Ganesha, and Kuzenbo. I mean... how much variation is there since 2017?