Thread: How alive/ dead is this game?

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

How alive/ dead is this game?

I don't mean any negativity, but i have seen these days many concerning things.

Yesterday i had 4 games, where 3 players kept being in my game ( either on my team or enemy). (round noon)

Today i had one game, where the enemy team cut us like we were minions. The skill difference was so huge, that i don't understand how can we be matched against them.... Like our whole team was nowhere close to their lvl of skill. (round midnight)

So are the playerbase numbers so miniscule that these things happen? I just want to know how often i can expect something like this. (so far I only play normals)

ps. one more question, do ppl cheat in this game? Is this game cheat-protected enough?
    Last edited by zlajo; 06-07-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Achievements:
    Well, the forums aren't a bad way to get a first impression...

Junior Member Cupidhead linkmike's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    that matchmaking is normal here. There is no a single filter to keep pro players playing against another pro players.

I played for one month and i give up to this game. Sadly I lost money here (more than 100 dolars), thinking smite was a good moba.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zlajo View Post
    I don't mean any negativity, but i have seen these days many concerning things.

Yesterday i had 4 games, where 3 players kept being in my game ( either on my team or enemy). (round noon)

Today i had one game, where the enemy team cut us like we were minions. The skill difference was so huge, that i don't understand how can we be matched against them.... Like our whole team was nowhere close to their lvl of skill. (round midnight)

So are the playerbase numbers so miniscule that these things happen? I just want to know how often i can expect something like this. (so far I only play normals)

ps. one more question, do ppl cheat in this game? Is this game cheat-protected enough?
    After midnight the matchmaking is usually not that good cause not enough people are on, but the 3-5mans are still on, my bet is that you run into one of them. If you play on peak hours it is usually fine but smite MM is more jumpy then many other mobas and that can make for some interesting interactions.

There are cheats in the game but the anticheat program and players reporting people seem to currently have the upperhand. At one point cheats were quite common, the last few months I personally haven't seen any cheater at all.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 730
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    You'll find a game no problem

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 362
    I don't know about the game, but the forums seem pretty dead to me

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead xDEMOLISHERx's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Forums are and have been dead, social media seems its taking its place though. Im sure if you want to play with someone use facebook smite group and you will find some there. I dont think anyone really uses the LFG channel in game anymore either.

I've played with the same person for what seemed like 6 games straight one weekend.
    "Eat Your Heart Out"

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    Forum was kind of dead from the very beginning. MM was always broken, especially at the lower levels. I remember when I was around 20Lv. and got to play against full premade 150+. I was playing duo if I'm not mistaken. Cheaters are not that uncommon in this game as devs try to convince players. There was a post on reddit from the ex-dev who stated he developed one himself and is probably selling it to this very day. I've seen some in game myself. Warping, vision, aim-lock, etc. Hi-Rez officially said it's "not possible" to cheat in this game because everything is calculated on the server. Why would they pay for the EAC then? I got banned on my first account in the early days because game was made on some old version of the engine and it was detecting OC on some CPUs as a way to speedhack lol <- but remember, there is no way to cheat in this game. I never tested that though since the game didn't even let me log into the lobby (I've got banned in the same momment I launched the game). If it wasn't funny enough I've been blocked on their channels so I wouldn't be able to appeal (I was able to send one message and got a reply with CPU thing sort of explained). Funny times. If there was another similar game I wouldn't be playing Smite for sure. I was planning to move to the King of Wushu but it was never released outside of the China. It's a GOoD game if you won't ever have any issues that requires you to contact the support which is non-existent in this game.

Achievements:
    Thx for all the replies, I have a much better understanding of the state of the game now.