Thread: Qins Loki with hybrid tank destroys tank meta.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Qins Loki with hybrid tank destroys tank meta.

Had a game in assault a few days ago where I got Loki. Vs this team:

Chuchu (he can see you in stealth)
    Sobek (do I even need to comment)
    Artio (annoying but not to bad)
    Kuzenbo (really annoying for a loki)
    Persephone (her ult messes your kit up really hard).

I almost got a headache trying to figure out how to play this.

At first I thought well ok my job is clearly to just kill persethe whole game then die and let my team deal with their front. We had a cupid so we have the sustain dps to handle tanks, however cupid isn't the best tank killer. But then I thought hm these 4 tanks will probably make it close to impossible for me to kill disc, I was right their kuzen managed to tank more of my ults aimed at disc then I like to admit. So I decided to go for killing the tanks instead. First item Heartward, I let our SWK get brawlers first item, we needed antiheal and Loki is really bad with brawlers. Then Ninja, Titans. At this point I'm basicly an aura for team and a stun in teamfight to help our kuku land ult on perse, if I could peel some dmg from cupid and kuku sure I try. I helped very little except a few nice stuns on perse so she had to beads or dies. Once I got Ichavail I could kill perse myself but it didn't win us the game, it was enough for a little comeback after they sniffed on our titan for a bit. Next two items though made all the difference, Qins and Charged bow. Once I got back into the fight chu chu was a bit to far up, probably thinking I still hit like a wet noodle, I took half his last hp in like 1sec. I killed all their tanks quickly after that for a quadra kill, full hp bar on their tanks gone in less then 2sec, one of my easiest quadras ever, just hold left klick and watch them melt, and we won the game. It was a nice game and if they had another high dmg phys they probably win, though if our sobek had gotten Sover instead of genjis (I guess he tilted a bit on my HW) their chu chu wouldn't be sitting on 35k damage so its hard to say.

In retrospect I probably should have built Qins over Ichavail but I don't know something told me it wasn't time yet and that I needed to pressure their perse harder.

Conclusion: A semi tanky, Qins Loki is OP vs a tank heavy team. If enemy team is heavily into tanks people should try Loki for counter pick more often. His base attack speed makes Qins VERY strong on him.

https://smite.guru/match/1042885323
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 05-28-2020 at 08:50 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If placed in the same situation, I would have gone with something different myself.
    Reinforced Greaves, Ancile, Jotunns, Hydras, Heartseeker, Thebes. Replace boots with Titan's/Bloodforge/Masamune/Stone Cutting. Relics are Beads and Blink.

Ancile and Morningstar start. Then finish Hydras. Then Reinforced Greaves. Then Jotunns, then Thebes. Then Heartseeker. Ult on Beads cooldown (upgrade beads asap). Never use 1 for engage, only for disengage. Ult either Persephone or Artio or Cu Chulainn.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    If placed in the same situation, I would have gone with something different myself.
    Reinforced Greaves, Ancile, Jotunns, Hydras, Heartseeker, Thebes. Replace boots with Titan's/Bloodforge/Masamune/Stone Cutting. Relics are Beads and Blink.

Ancile and Morningstar start. Then finish Hydras. Then Reinforced Greaves. Then Jotunns, then Thebes. Then Heartseeker. Ult on Beads cooldown (upgrade beads asap). Never use 1 for engage, only for disengage. Ult either Persephone or Artio or Cu Chulainn.
    I try to keep this in mind, I think I Xed loki by now but I was never good with him. Qins Loki though, has won me many games over the years. What you really want for base tank is sover+shogun, then later qins, but it didn't work this game.
    Rocking the boat

Member Worshipper loupblanc10kai's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    I try to keep this in mind, I think I Xed loki by now but I was never good with him. Qins Loki though, has won me many games over the years. What you really want for base tank is sover+shogun, then later qins, but it didn't work this game.
    I am not saying mine is the right way and yours is wrong. My way of thinking is just:
    - get to 40% CDR.
    - irritate enemy with Ancille
    - get some CCR (against Artio stun and root) and health + defense since there will be times where disengage is impossible, facing 4 tanks and the only thing to do is stand, fight and waste time for help to come.

I play on NA server with high ping from non-NA location. Assassins demand high execution to get in, do damage and get out, so I always have at least 1 hybrid item, as a buffer.